Benny The Butcher - Everybody Can’t Go (Discussion Thread)

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Yea I'm not feeling this at all. Same flows, same bars, just feels tired at this point. There are some good beats from Hit Boy and Alch but also some misses. Mainly the Blueprint era Blink/Just Blaze retreads from Hit Boy on a couple tracks that just don't hit at all. Big Tymers prob the best mainstream attempt Benny has ever done. Sounds melodic, beat knocks, hook is good. Seems like he needed 4-5 more of those instead of filling the album with so much down tempo shyt.

TMVTL would have been a classic Boldy track, I'm sick at this being wasted. Benny's storytelling is so generic and doesn't really paint a picture. That track has three beats, same flows but no memorable images or lines.

Last edited:

Xtz23

All Star
Daps
Yea I'm not feeling this at all. Same flows, same bars, just feels tired at this point. There are some good beats from Hit Boy and Alch but also some misses. Mainly the Blueprint era Blink/Just Blaze retreads from Hit Boy on a couple tracks that just don't hit at all. Big Tymers prob the best mainstream attempt Benny has ever done. Sounds melodic, beat knocks, hook is good. Seems like he needed 4-5 more of those instead of filling the album with so much down tempo shyt.

TMVTL would have been a classic Boldy track, I'm sick at this being wasted. Boldy's storytelling is so generic and doesn't really paint a picture. That track has three beats, same flows but no memorable images or lines.
Benny?

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
@Piff Perkins was saying that it should've been a Boldy track, and that Benny's storytelling was generic on the actual song.

So the first word you bolded was meant to say Boldy, and the second bolded word was meant to say Benny.

Yea that's what I meant, my bad.

I just feel like you gotta bring more to the table if you want to just do the same stuff over and over. Roc Marci is still on fire because he always finds a way to be entertaining. Whether it's the humor or visuals he paints. Whereas Benny literally rehashes the same shyt right down to the same words, over and over while the bars get meh.

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
I've shytted on hitboy plenty but he actually outshined alchemist on this. But really only like 3 standouts overall. BRON, One Foot In, and Pillow Talk & Slander.

Jermaine's graduation is fire too. But most of the album is pretty forgettable.

Clapsteel O'Neal

put a red dot on your head like a hindu
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Both singles have been lowkey ass. Couple of the Alc beats are hard, but there's no beat I've heard so far that's made me scrunch up my face. Disappointed Daringer ain't got no placements but thank god Conductor isn't on this pressing his tag button 60 times in 7 seconds and doing his 673rd stroke of death bite smh.

Also, a snoop feature in 2023 is the no. 1 red flag this album about to be mid.

Guess everybody can’t go✌🏾

You b1tch ass niccas can go ahead and apologise now. I was 100% right with my assessment. Sh't is mid as fucc :camby: