Benny The Butcher - Everybody Can’t Go (Discussion Thread)

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
The "rap nerd" rant Benny went on probably didn't help his sales, either.

I actually agree with his over all point but he took forever to get to it and the headline was "Benny goes off on rap nerds"....it's like dog, who do you think your demographic is? :gucci:

Fred.

greenvale

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Delaware
I like the beat on Bron but it’s clear Hit Boy gave his best shyt to Nas or Benny just got a lukewarm batch. They’re not bad but not elite either. I would’ve like Benny to reach out to Cardo, Metro, and conductor to mix it up.

I feel like Benny and Alch chemistry is on the level of Alch and Boldy. Just some of the best east coast street shyt of this current era.

Wayne had a stellar verse and did the “Dog” verse theme nicely. The hook should’ve been done by someone else. Prime X would’ve sound amazing doing that verse
I would check for a project by Benny and Cardo.

Firefly

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
fukking disgusting

This is on Def Jam not Benny. No matter his age. No matter the year. The point of a Major is to SUPPOSED to be to get you to new heights. This shyt is taking “Dropping the ball” literally

They got him in postition and pretty much seen. Def Jam can't buy the albums. The music did not appeal to the kids or women who buy music. Point blank period. He can do every radio show and podcast and get Snoop in the video and all these other folks on features. The essential thing was the music. Playing to Southern Cadences and trap beats while watering down your rhymes a little and thinking that's all it takes is misguided. He's honestly lucky he sold that much. You play to your base and build from there or you ride with Glorilla or Sexxy Red.

Heavy_Handz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
How much is Benny gonna be in debt with that advance and then this album tanking? He might flee the country :patrice:

He put his heart & soul into Tana Talk 4.

You can’t fake that shyt. We can tell when you tap dancing. This album needed to fail. The slap in the back of the head Benny needs because he was never going to be a mainstream star. Get over it.