Benny The Butcher - Everybody Can’t Go (Discussion Thread)

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Conway dropped two back to back banners with Conductor and Wun Two, now Benny released a good project it just don’t hit like that. Some of the tracks he dumbed it down a lil to much with lyrics

TL15

Veteran
Daps
If he sold less than TT4 :mjlol:

He wasn't trying hear it when people questioned why he wanted to sign a deal. He really thought Def Jam was going to make him a star in 2024 at age 39. Music isn't selling like that and rap is seeing a big drop off so how was he supposed to win with a style that's not mainstream?

Could have just had a sit down with Alchemist and learned you're better off staying indie. You got a platinum song without them and a solid fanbase. Now he's gotta recoup and probably lost some fans with this mid album.

Rap isn’t falling off as bad as people say though. The #1 album currently is 21 Savage :yeshrug:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Less than 15k on your major label debut is crazy

Freddie sold more than that and he been taking mad L's

Because nobody cares about message board/social media shyt when the music comes out.

And I thought Gibbs last shyt was mid. But :krs: "he got jumped, Benny is so real!" obviously don't count for much, the numbers speak to that.

Fred.

Redwing80

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Because nobody cares about message board/social media shyt when the music comes out.

And I thought Gibbs last shyt was mid. But :krs: "he got jumped, Benny is so real!" obviously don't count for much, the numbers speak to that.

Fred.
"I can't listen to the music cause of his antics" seems not to be so true now 😂😂

Izanami

Superstar
Daps
I never said Alch wasn’t good I like Alch produced songs, i’m saying the Hit-Boy hate is a result of people feeling somehow threatened that Alchemist’s “crown” is being usurped when Alchemist himself (in my opinion) ain’t no GOAT level untouchable producer. Alch is a product of RZA and other 90’s producers who did it ten times better than Alch himself ever did.

Doesn’t mean he’s not good but the absolute dismissal of Hit-Boy when compared to Alchemist is fukking disgusting.
Disagree

Alc has crafted some of best produced albums the past 6 years. He has stand out production on multiple elite rappers albums. From Kendrick to Drake. The Realest and Keep It Thoro came out 25 years ago and he’s still making classic beats

Izanami

Superstar
Daps
I like the beat on Bron but it’s clear Hit Boy gave his best shyt to Nas or Benny just got a lukewarm batch. They’re not bad but not elite either. I would’ve like Benny to reach out to Cardo, Metro, and conductor to mix it up.

I feel like Benny and Alch chemistry is on the level of Alch and Boldy. Just some of the best east coast street shyt of this current era.

Wayne had a stellar verse and did the “Dog” verse theme nicely. The hook should’ve been done by someone else. Prime X would’ve sound amazing doing that verse