Bernie Sanders statement on Trump victory

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
If Trump is really serious about getting rid of NAFTA and TPP, and other bad trade deals, don't be surprised if he puts in a call to Bernie to make it a bipartisan effort.
Getting rid of NAFTA will probably be the start of an economic downturn. NAFTA didn't kill them jobs as much as advancements in technology. The jobs will never go back to being the way they were before

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
How do you think this will play out? You see Don being a two termer?

1. Not sure. I think the Dems are going to try and block as much as possible to avoid backlash from their base. Any yay vote to whatever he proposes will be used against them if primaried. I also think the Republicans will block anything outright crazy he proposes which is probably a good thing. Most of what actually gets through will likely be reasonable..thats why i wasnt tripping over some of his wild suggestions on the trail (i also didnt think he believed a bunch of them but is now cornered into giving an honest effort to it so he doesnt alienate his voters).
2. Id lean towards no. I said it elsewhere that i wouldnt be surprised if he chose not to run for reelection. He hinted in his victory speech about that and his suggestion for term limits also could be an indicator. I dont think he wants to risk taking an L. Could be wrong, too early to say.

AYEESGEE

Rookie
Daps
So, you don't see a progressive running?
Of course they will run. Against Kanye though you're going to be fighting that 40% celebrity floor Trump had. He will beat any real candidate then you just got to run with him. Kanye would get 100% of the black vote and enough dems to take it easy. Kanye runs he wins.

AYEESGEE

Rookie
Daps
1. Not sure. I think the Dems are going to try and block as much as possible to avoid backlash from their base. Any yay vote to whatever he proposes will be used against them if primaried. I also think the Republicans will block anything outright crazy he proposes which is probably a good thing. Most of what actually gets through will likely be reasonable..thats why i wasnt tripping over some of his wild suggestions on the trail (i also didnt think he believed a bunch of them but is now cornered into giving an honest effort to it so he doesnt alienate his voters).
2. Id lean towards no. I said it elsewhere that i wouldnt be surprised if he chose not to run for reelection. He hinted in his victory speech about that and his suggestion for term limits also could be an indicator. I dont think he wants to risk taking an L. Could be wrong, too early to say.

That kind of thinking got Trump into the white house.

Just assume Trump will do whatever it takes to make a deal he wants. I'm willing to bet you his first law passed is a ban on substituting people on a filibusterer so democrats literally have 0% chance to stop what he does. He is smart. He beat literally every member of our government at their own game.

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
:whew: so he may not be as bad as George W

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
"Let me be very clear. In my view, Democrats will not retain the White House, will not regain the Senate, will not gain the House and will not be successful in dozens of governor’s races unless we run a campaign which generates excitement and momentum and which produces a huge voter turnout.

With all due respect, and I do not mean to insult anyone here, that will not happen with politics as usual. The same old, same old will not be successful.

The people of our country understand that — given the collapse of the American middle class and the grotesque level of income and wealth inequality we are experiencing — we do not need more establishment politics or establishment economics.

We need a political movement which is prepared to take on the billionaire class and create a government which represents all Americans, and not just corporate America and wealthy campaign donors.

In other words, we need a movement which takes on the economic and political establishment, not one which is part of it."

~ Bernie Sanders August 28th, 2015
@ThreeLetterAgency thoughts on this 100% accurate statement?

Mr Rager

Leader of the Delinquents
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Mars
"Let me be very clear. In my view, Democrats will not retain the White House, will not regain the Senate, will not gain the House and will not be successful in dozens of governor’s races unless we run a campaign which generates excitement and momentum and which produces a huge voter turnout.

With all due respect, and I do not mean to insult anyone here, that will not happen with politics as usual. The same old, same old will not be successful.

The people of our country understand that — given the collapse of the American middle class and the grotesque level of income and wealth inequality we are experiencing — we do not need more establishment politics or establishment economics.

We need a political movement which is prepared to take on the billionaire class and create a government which represents all Americans, and not just corporate America and wealthy campaign donors.

In other words, we need a movement which takes on the economic and political establishment, not one which is part of it."

~ Bernie Sanders August 28th, 2015

That's my GOAT :wow: