Best Buy Lays off 5,000 employees

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
If you’re brick and mortar you need excellent service
The way Best Buy made you buy big ticket items from their specific section was trash
God forbid you got stuck behind a person buying and activating a phone
Between that and employees not being able to help or unlock items if they didn’t work in a section made me stop going

Scott Larock

Its hard leaving thecoli but I gotta find a way...
Daps
Reppin
Hell
They been as show room for years. People go in to see the stuff in person that they bought online somewhere else cheaper. Last few times i been in the ones by me it the shelves were damn near empty.

Yeah truth is amazon will rule all online purchases for gadgets with the exception of food and furniture probably.

Best buy and other box stores can't compete on quality, the mark up due to higher costs (emnployee pay, rent, bills) compared to shipping straight from the warehouse is gonna kill many box stores.

I bought a simple umbrella from amazon for 19.99 and the quality is :takedat: same thing in a store will be less quality due to cost and more expenses.

It's just a matter of time before all gadgets and so forth go online.

Best buy is gonna need to get cheaper products that bring in more profit, their "insignia" brand is cheeks.

Better start following Marshalls will their cheap stuff and turn into one big thrift shop.

XannyWarbucks

Superstar
Daps
Seems like it targets those bigger stores that just have shyt to have it. Ain't nobody buying a fridge or oven right now.
Best Buy's profits are still good, and while yes, some people use it for a showroom most of the time it's just for people to go online to their site to buy it.
I don't trust Amazon with electronics.

Scott Larock

Its hard leaving thecoli but I gotta find a way...
Daps
Reppin
Hell

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
March 15, 2020 Y'all underestimated Covid-19:wow:

No, we underestimated dumb ass people. Both in leadership AND everyday life. I really hope this doesn't happen because mom & pop tech stores simply aren't a thing. There will be no local or small equivalent for this store once its gone. And that's bad. Because I can count a NUMBER of time where I went in and actually touched the product I wanted and that was the final selling point.

But like many restaurants that are failing, these companies failed to innovate. High end spots closing because they were too boujee to have pick up or online ordering.

I would have straight up come up with some sort of Best Buy home delivery service off the rip.

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
THEY PRICE MATCH

:devil:
:evil:

Even then price matching eventually hurts margin. Hints why they laying off. I know when I was at Frys and they decided to start matching Amazon, they were betting customers would by more items such as accessories and protection plans. Nah it was the opposite . Customers would buy more but they would just price match everything killing the whole profit in the sale. Lol it was terrible.

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Even then price matching eventually hurts margin. Hints why they laying off. I know when I was at Frys and they decided to start matching Amazon, they were betting customers would by more items such as accessories and protection plans. Nah it was the opposite . Customers would buy more but they would just price match everything killing the whole profit in the sale. Lol it was terrible.
BESTBUY WOULD HAVE BEEN FINE
IF NOT FOR COVID.

THEY MAKE MOST OF THEIR DOUGH
DURING HOLIDAY SEASON.

MISSING OUT ON THAT
BLACK FRIDAY MONEY
HURT LAST YR.
:devil:
:evil: