Circuit City like

tumblr_npqvk5uMlv1rp0vkjo1_500.gif

Blessed Koala

Climbing the Pulpit
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama
:russ::russ::russ: shyt and the worst part is unless it's a tv or computer or a phone most people ain't even thinking about using a credit card to buy shyt which is most of that shyt in the store. And then another thing, if you got these people on fukking credit cards then shouldn't that mean they're constantly paying on a monthly basis? So why not chill out on that shyt, it's not like the store depends on those cards anyway. I knew from that day on if I work any retail job to stay my ass in inventory I'll never sell shyt under somebody else ever, shyt used to give me anxiety hearing that on the radio. I'm glad you made it out of there breh.

:wow:I used to cut my mic off because "fukk em". My supervisor caught me doing it one time and went "Koala:picard:"

I went:
tenor.gif

That shyt does something to your psyche. Like every single day and night you got to hear "BPs and TTS...COME ON!". Like breh :dwillhuh:.

The worst was during the pandemic where we had to magically do 30 BPs and like 20 TTS while folks are losing their damn jobs and etc :mindblown:.

There was a time when I worked inventory for another job and hated every moment of it because it's the most grueling shyt possible, but at least I had fun, got my lifts, and listen to the radio despite the shyt pay, over having ulcers because I had to get like 10 BPs for one damn day :wtf:

Steel

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC - ATL-MIA
Companies aren't out here paying people because it's the right thing to do. If you are an employee, you are being paid because someone determined your work will bring in some multiplier of your salary. People are using Best Buy as a show room for things they will purchase online with whoever has the cheapest rate. I for one don't like buying any electronics or appliances without seeing them first, and in turn I buy from wherever I saw the item just because I don't want to go the all online route. But clearly not everyone is going to do that.

I don't understand why people get mad at the CEO and shyt on his salary like cutting that would save the company. Let's say the CEO and executives made 100 million dollars a year and combined decided to just get paid nothing in 2021. If that money was spread out to all Best Buy employees each person would get an extra 66 dollars a month. 66 dollars a month ain't the difference between being able to keep employees on payroll and shutting down the store. :mjlol:

Your anger should be at the demand Wall Street makes that a company increases profits every quarter. That shyt ain't sustainable.

I feel you but EVERYONE wins when the economy is balanced and people make fair wages adjusted to their cost of living. America in the past understood this, its how we built the middle class and the largest economy in the world. But ever since Reagan began the deregulation of business shyt has gotten out of control. Ceo's now make 1000X more than the lowest waged employee. Business outlooks shifted from fair market to increasing shareholder value and profit over everything. Income inequality has risen to something unfathomable 30 years ago and still the rich are just not rich enough. Its the reason why the average 1 bedroom rent is 1300 and minimum wage is 7.25. These ppl dont give a fukk and want to squeeze every penny from you while the top dawgs get rewarded by bonuses.

This country is headed for dark times because this is not sustainable.

BlackBall

Superstar
Daps
I feel you but EVERYONE wins when the economy is balanced and people make fair wages adjusted to their cost of living. America in the past understood this, its how we built the middle class and the largest economy in the world. But ever since Reagan began the deregulation of business shyt has gotten out of control. Ceo's now make 1000X more than the lowest waged employee. Business outlooks shifted from fair market to increasing shareholder value and profit over everything. Income inequality has risen to something unfathomable 30 years ago and still the rich are just not rich enough. Its the reason why the average 1 bedroom rent is 1300 and minimum wage is 7.25. These ppl dont give a fukk and want to squeeze every penny from you while the top dawgs get rewarded by bonuses.

This country is headed for dark times because this is not sustainable.
Yup add another few sq ft to a studio, couple of walls and it’s a 1 bd for another few hundred a month you can barely fit a bed in.

Blessed Koala

Climbing the Pulpit
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama
*:mjcry: same supervisor on the mic for the 8th time in 3 hours* "So who's getting that next bRaNdEd pAyMeNt :mjgrin:"

**crickets for the 8th time**

:huhldup: I'm glad I got out right when TTP started getting pushed

Breh I worked pretty much every department cept car audio and appliances too

I would NEVER go to Car Audio because I swear majority of the customers there were fukking evil:why:. Meanwhile, Appliances had boomers that were on that :mjpls:tip. I remember when my Asst Manager kept trying to throw me into Car Audio because they were missing reps since they NEVER HIRED THEM BACK!:mindblown:

I told him breh, I do not know anything about car audio and would lose a sale easily, why put me in a place where I don't know shyt. I could help dude find what he's looking for but that's it:ld:.

Dude kept pushing me and there was a line of folks asking about shyt I don't even know:huhldup:. I told my Asst Manager that "I'm going back to my department, I don't know shyt about this department, bye...and I cut off my mic for the rest of my day:camby:.

I can do damn near anything in the store from handling calls to helping inventory, but for them to just throw me into some shyt without warning and expect me to make miracles for the shyt pay I was making...fukk that:camby::camby:

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Inevitable :manny: they did well to last this long

Unfortunately their business model just doesn't work in 2021. There's little to no reason to even go to Best Buy when you can get the same thing cheaper from Amazon and delivered to your door in a day.

Nah their business model works. A good number of people dont trust Amazon for high dollar items (me included, plus older people and people who don’t like shopping online) and for their quality control. When you want your sh*t returned, no one wants to be calling into Amazon. They want to go straight to the store. This is just momentary. They’ll be right back along with Target once the pandemic is over.

Selena

Pro
Daps
Breh.....
giphy.gif

Every fukking 10 to 30 minuts on the walkie:

"Hey everybody it's *insert time*, you know that means, it means we gotta get those BPs and Total Techs...we got until 9pm to make it happen come on COME ON"

Koala getting out the restroom:
tenor.gif

The most fukked up thing about getting BPs and TTS is the fact that it eliminates the idea of selling shyt in the first place.

Don't get me started when you get that app ready and the customer go "is this like a credit card or something..."

Koala: :mjcry:yes

Customer: "Oh NoOooO I'm sorry:merchant:

Koala: fukk!

Supervisor: Koala we got to work on your pitch

WHY I HAVE TO WORK ON A "PITCH" WHEN I DAMN NEAR SUGARCOATING THE CREDIT CARD INTO MAKING IT SEEM LIKE A fukkING VIP CLUB! THE fukk ELSE I SUPPOSE TO DO, SAY IT'S LIFE OR DEATH TO BE IN fukkING DEBT:mindblown:

:deadmanny::russ:

LMAO thank God I worked in the back (merch).

Blessed Koala

Climbing the Pulpit
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama
:deadmanny::russ:

LMAO thank God I worked in the back (merch).

You and the other poster that worked in Inventory I salute yall because nobody in the front will do such a thing:francis:. .

I swear Inventory, Merch, and Front End never get their props because "BP", but yall the real ones that kept things a float.

Selena

Pro
Daps
You and the other poster that worked in Inventory I salute yall because nobody in the front will do such a thing:francis:. .

I swear Inventory, Merch, and Front End never get their props because "BP", but yall the real ones that kept things a float.

Thanks breh! I'm glad you said this because they always did us dirty. Would have contests and parties for sales floor if they hit goals and we'd be like :beli:

Management stayed ignoring us till we said something lol