Best Buy Lays off 5,000 employees

Blessings

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
For some reason store management be feeling themselves too much. Like your top position pay is a typical entry level IT pay position :russ::russ::mjlol::dead:

FACTS....filled out a bunch of those long ass applications...back when I was just trying to get SB Dunks and Chinese food lol

vP7sPQJ.jpg

Him

ASHTRAY BYTCH
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Golden △
:mjlol:Best Buy has a weird hiring practice. Honestly, the best time to actually get a gig at BB is to come in as Seasonal and work your ass off.

That's what I did and ended up getting hired with like 2 people out of the 16 that they used for seasonal. I started out in Home Theater and my supervisor at the time noticed how good I was with selling computers that they threw me in PC which was all around hell, but wayyy better than working with those lazy asses in Home Theater.

But yeah I agree with the "fukk Best Buy" statement:wow:
I used to work BBY too breh. I worked there for a while before some fukkery went down that I had to escape :wow:. Started out getting paid crumbs in the front lanes and worked my way up. Had some good times and met some cool brehs there. Sad to know some of the people that still work there that I may know might be getting laid off soon.

KBadd

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
P.G.
Man I hope they don’t close . I love bestbuy . I like to go pickup my things and they price match Amazon .

This. Sometimes I want something immediately and since they price match, I can get it for the same price.

I also like to take things to a physical place in case I need it fixed/serviced.

Blessed Koala

Climbing the Pulpit
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama
Oh man those god damn BPs, I worked inventory so thank Jesus I never had to worry about that shyt buy hearing the managers constantly talk about that shyt hour to hour was fukking ridiculous. Like aren't y'all supposed to be selling merch and packages, df this isn't a credit card company why df is that so important?

Breh.....
giphy.gif

Every fukking 10 to 30 minuts on the walkie:

"Hey everybody it's *insert time*, you know that means, it means we gotta get those BPs and Total Techs...we got until 9pm to make it happen come on COME ON"

Koala getting out the restroom:
tenor.gif

The most fukked up thing about getting BPs and TTS is the fact that it eliminates the idea of selling shyt in the first place.

Don't get me started when you get that app ready and the customer go "is this like a credit card or something..."

Koala: :mjcry:yes

Customer: "Oh NoOooO I'm sorry:merchant:

Koala: fukk!

Supervisor: Koala we got to work on your pitch

WHY I HAVE TO WORK ON A "PITCH" WHEN I DAMN NEAR SUGARCOATING THE CREDIT CARD INTO MAKING IT SEEM LIKE A fukkING VIP CLUB! THE fukk ELSE I SUPPOSE TO DO, SAY IT'S LIFE OR DEATH TO BE IN fukkING DEBT:mindblown:

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
Companies aren't out here paying people because it's the right thing to do. If you are an employee, you are being paid because someone determined your work will bring in some multiplier of your salary. People are using Best Buy as a show room for things they will purchase online with whoever has the cheapest rate. I for one don't like buying any electronics or appliances without seeing them first, and in turn I buy from wherever I saw the item just because I don't want to go the all online route. But clearly not everyone is going to do that.

I don't understand why people get mad at the CEO and shyt on his salary like cutting that would save the company. Let's say the CEO and executives made 100 million dollars a year and combined decided to just get paid nothing in 2021. If that money was spread out to all Best Buy employees each person would get an extra 66 dollars a month. 66 dollars a month ain't the difference between being able to keep employees on payroll and shutting down the store. :mjlol:

Your anger should be at the demand Wall Street makes that a company increases profits every quarter. That shyt ain't sustainable.

Last edited:

Blessed Koala

Climbing the Pulpit
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama
I used to work BBY too breh. I worked there for a while before some fukkery went down that I had to escape :wow:. Started out getting paid crumbs in the front lanes and worked my way up. Had some good times and met some cool brehs there. Sad to know some of the people that still work there that I may know might be getting laid off soon.

That's the sad part is that I knew some folks at my store that use that gig as their livelihood. The rep I used to work with just got a house with her dude and now this shyt happens. I hope she doesn't go off the deep end:mjcry:.

But yeah, I was cool with everybody because I damn near went into every department to help out :francis:. I sold almost everything with the exception of car audio since I suck at knowing about cars along with appliances. Everywhere else, I makes it happen:wow:.

Folks used to come to me like I was a wizard of that damn store because I knew where most of the product was.

Like I said before, I loved Best Buy before the pandemic, but can't wait until Best Buy goes out of business because of the greediness caused by the pandemic.

Him

ASHTRAY BYTCH
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Golden △
Breh.....
giphy.gif

"Hey everybody it's *insert time*, you know that means, it means we gotta get those BPs and Total Techs...we got until 9pm to make it happen come on COME ON"

tenor.gif

The most fukked up thing about getting BPs and TTS is the fact that it eliminates the idea of selling shyt in the first place.

Don't get me started when you get that app ready and the customer go "is this like a credit card or something..."

WHY I HAVE TO WORK ON A "PITCH" WHEN I DAMN NEAR SUGARCOATING THE CREDIT CARD INTO MAKING IT SEEM LIKE A fukkING VIP CLUB! THE fukk ELSE I SUPPOSE TO DO, SAY IT'S LIFE OR DEATH TO BE IN fukkING DEBT:mindblown:

*:mjcry: same supervisor on the mic for the 8th time in 3 hours* "So who's getting that next bRaNdEd pAyMeNt :mjgrin:"

**crickets for the 8th time**

:huhldup: I'm glad I got out right when TTP started getting pushed

That's the sad part is that I knew some folks at my store that use that gig as their livelihood. The rep I used to work with just got a house with her dude and now this shyt happens. I hope she doesn't go off the deep end:mjcry:.

But yeah, I was cool with everybody because I damn near went into every department to help out :francis:. I sold almost everything with the exception of car audio since I suck at knowing about cars along with appliances. Everywhere else, I makes it happen:wow:.

Folks used to come to me like I was a wizard of that damn store because I knew where most of the product was.

Like I said before, I loved Best Buy before the pandemic, but can't wait until Best Buy goes out of business because of the greediness caused by the pandemic.

Breh I worked pretty much every department cept car audio and appliances too

Uitomy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Anxiety attacks and sugar cookies
Breh.....
giphy.gif

tenor.gif

:russ::russ::russ: shyt and the worst part is unless it's a tv or computer or a phone most people ain't even thinking about using a credit card to buy shyt which is most of that shyt in the store. And then another thing, if you got these people on fukking credit cards then shouldn't that mean they're constantly paying on a monthly basis? So why not chill out on that shyt, it's not like the store depends on those cards anyway. I knew from that day on if I work any retail job to stay my ass in inventory I'll never sell shyt under somebody else ever, shyt used to give me anxiety hearing that on the radio. I'm glad you made it out of there breh.