Best Rapper Alive - 1993 (IF YOUR MVP CHOICE ISN'T ON POLL, MAKE A REQUEST IN THREAD)

Who is the MVP of 1993?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

lucky lefty

Most Annoying Jay Z (aka GOAT) Stan of All Time
Daps
Reppin
West Philly aka Illadelf aka Tha 215
Another day another pathetic attempt by these delusional dikksucking stans of these infinitely inferior, lyrically remedial, flow challenged, brick factory dropping, sorry ass excuses for struggle rappers to try and rewrite history and pretend the GOAT our Flow Lord and Lyrical Savior Hova Da Gawd ain't been the MVP since the day he dropped his first adlib
anigif_enhanced-buzz-4528-1381155488-21.gif

bytchmade cocksucker so homtional devastated by the GOAT our Flow Lord and Lyrical Savior Hova Da Gawd'slatest GOATly comeback crushing the buildings he really fronting like the GOAT Hov's worst adlib from 1993 ain't shyttin on the entire musical existences of every flabby and sick fukk boy rapper in history combined
anigif_enhanced-buzz-4528-1381155488-21.gif

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
No question its more competitive but any year Snoop wouldve debuted he wouldve been the King

He was the first rap superstar
I disagree. But I can meet you in the middle and say he'd be competitive in any year.

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
Tribe had a better album than Wu in 93. I respect Wu but 93 was Snoop. I categorically reject any attempt to add any co partnership to Snoops runnin of 93
36 Chambers is better than Doggystyle though. But the credit can't go to any one member in particular, to the point where they would be in the running with Snoop.

daboywonder2002

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
minnesota
:camby:

Wu tang was the B team, the opening act

900,000 people didnt cop Wu first week

People were not camping out at record stores to cop Wu

hold up, it's a race not a marathon. Just cause Wu started off slow doesn't mean they didn't have the same impact. YOu're right snoop came out the gate crushing the buildings starting with deep cover. But Wu tang had the same impact in 93 that snoop had. Protect your neck was all over the place and my god when Cream came out, that's when things really took off.

daboywonder2002

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
minnesota
36 Chambers is better than Doggystyle though. But the credit can't go to any one member in particular, to the point where they would be in the running with Snoop.

doesn't have to. I know you had a certain rule about groups. But this is a special case. you gotta make an exception here. Having multiple members shouldn't disqualify the Wu.

Techniec

Drugs and Kalashnikovs
Daps
Reppin
W/S 416
hold up, it's a race not a marathon. Just cause Wu started off slow doesn't mean they didn't have the same impact. YOu're right snoop came out the gate crushing the buildings starting with deep cover. But Wu tang had the same impact in 93 that snoop had. Protect your neck was all over the place and my god when Cream came out, that's when things really took off.

You're talking tri state homie

Im talkin worldwide

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
Nah. Wu was more of a slow burn impact culminating in the feverish anticipation for the Forever album. It wasn't comparable at all to Snoop with Doggystyle which had the feverish anticipation as well as the immediate extinction level event impact.

Juggalo Fred

Juggalo and horrorcore enthusiast
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Juggalo island
I mean...its no Great Milenko, but its better than Doggystyle

Agree to disagree breh. 36 is #6 on my all time list. My all time list only goes to #6 and Doggystyle isn't on it.

I assume Great Milenko is 1 or 2 on your list. but Doggystyle has a lot more year-round replay value than 36 does. and beats.

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
They both sold well. Sales doesn't factor in much for me. And The Chronic ushered in the Death Row era.

I think they both did, but yeah Doggystyle was the start of the Death Row reign. And Sales are not the end all, be all factor, but they are significant one. They are a measure of your actual supporting fanbase and scope. A group that sold 1 million and an album that sold 9 million are very hard to compare in that light, it just shows how further of a reach Snoop's scope was.