Beyonce defends "Formation" video: "I am against police brutality and injustice"

Kane

#BonesGANG
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
She caused quite an uproar with the release of her music video Formation back in February, with many saying it had an 'anti-police' message.

However, when being interviewed in the May issue of Elle Magazine, the 34-year-old insisted she is against police brutality, not officers in general.

And the cover girl stood by her powerful video, gushing: 'I'm proud of what we created and I'm proud to be a part of a conversation that is pushing things forward in a positive way.'

However, she did seem taken aback by the fact that she was being labeled as 'anti-police,' which is a position with which she does not side.

'I have so much admiration and respect for officers and the families of officers who sacrifice themselves to keep us safe. But let's be clear: I am against police brutality and injustice. Those are two separate things,' she explained.

Standing by her video, Beyonce continued: 'If celebrating my roots and culture during Black History Month made anyone uncomfortable, those feelings were there long before a video and long before me.'

Read more: Beyonce defends Formation video amid backlash
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
these fukkin pigs :dead:

"if you're against police gunning down unarmed people and getting away with it, that means you hate every police officer in the country :birdman:"