Biden Seeks $33 Billion More for Ukraine, Girding for Longer War

Adeptus Astartes

Loyal servant of the God-Brehmperor
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Imperium of Man
You do realize that there are pro Russian nazis and pro Ukrainian nazis right? As a black American I hope they all burn in hell :yeshrug:
If you're gonna "both sides" the shyt, then actually "both sides" the shyt. You're in here denying that Russia supports neo nazism and right wing extremism across the west. Ukraine has its share of neo nazis, but Ukraine doesn't export them to my doorstep. That's more of a concern to me, as a Black American. :yeshrug:

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There’s an opportunity to degrade or even topple Russia’s placement in the international sphere, while also remaking the global order and reaffirming US supremacy. Russia can’t afford to a long term quagmire in Ukraine and I support just about anything to ensure they pay a major price. We could be looking at a regime change soon, I’m not sure how Putin holds on unless something drastic changes.

Why should I or any regular breh be concerned about any of that? Honest question.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Why should I or any regular breh be concerned about any of that? Honest question.

A couple months ago I would have said the obvious concern for everyone was the potential for WWIII - either via Russia attacking Poland, or some type of mistake/miscalculation that would escalate into nuclear war. Now that Russia's army has been exposed and diminished, the threat of some massive European invasion beyond Ukraine is unlikely. And I don't think nuclear war is likely either, although the potential for miscalculation remains.

So I wouldn't fault someone for not caring much now that the threat level has lowered. I'm merely talking about the foreign policy implications of Russia's influence (and perhaps their government) falling. That would be a net positive for the US. Does that mean Coli brehs are gonna get some money, or opportunity etc etc out of it? No. But I don't view that as important to this topic. That's just my opinion.

HabitualChiller

Enjoying a Long Night of Solace✌
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere on an Xbox
I was trying to explain this to the illiterate people in the student loan thread. The US would never give money away without strategic stipulations. All the “aid” they’re giving is either in the form of direct weapon sales, loans to purchase weapons from American contractors and manufacturers, cash that MUST be used to purchase training/weapons from American defense contractors etc etc.
This! Holy shyt, I've stated this in multiple threads, and nikkas are still acting like Biden is taking money out of these nikkas bank accounts, or re-purposing it from social programs.

nikkas aren't even reading the fukking tweets that detail what's being/been sent in these aid packages.

the bossman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast D.C.
That region is a huge exporter for food and energy resources. The longer this shyt keeps up the more your pockets get tapped

We already at a point where fed is struggling to tame high inflation. This shyt continuing won't help

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
The estimated cost for the war in afghanistan was said to be 100 billion A YEAR when 100k troops were stationed in the country. The goverment have spent over 10% of that already on ukraine in less then 2 months and is now asking for a further 33 billion. ALL EU member states combined have given less then 10 billion. America is spending tax dollars like its nothing when it comes to war, but dragging their feet when it comes to helping the people.

Like wasn't there a thread just yesterday on student debt relief?
Aint no nikkas over there in Ukraine. :mjpls: