Big Boobs Mcgee: The reason Adrian Griffin got fired because Giannis is another LeGM

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps

2:45

- "Giannis asked for Dame, Giannis hired Griff, Giannis fired Griff, and Giannis asked for Doc Rivers"
- "Why are we ok with the notion of if Lebron wants it, he gets it. Because he has the rings that makes organizations listen"
- "But the expectation with all of that is that you better win a championship"

:whew: :banderas::jbhmm: she's right

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2Fb2c3c9ba-a0a1-4cca-ba7e-454eb9c6754a_480x270.gif

Screenshot-2024-01-25-103215.png

rbksNgirbauds

Even on the court we stay flyy, Jada & A.I.
Daps
I don't think it's possible to undermine the fact that Giannis got himself a ring with that franchise before all of this. I just don't.
He gets the benefit of the doubt moreso than Bron because he tasted that success at home and has been hellbound on tasting it again....at home. Both Machiavellian, but totally different circumstances

To be honest, Bron stanleys, this convo is a bit above your pay grade. Bron could never relate to the situation Giannis is in, it's really not a parallel. One is a mercenary/vagabond, the other isn't lol

jaydawg08

Superstar
Daps
I don't think it's possible to undermine the fact that Giannis got himself a ring with that franchise before all of this. I just don't.
He gets the benefit of the doubt moreso than Bron because he tasted that success at home and has been hellbound on tasting it again....at home. Both Machiavellian, but totally different circumstances

To be honest, Bron stanleys, this convo is a bit above your pay grade. Bron could never relate to the situation Giannis is in, it's really not a parallel. One is a mercenary/vagabond, the other isn't lol
This is stupid

The Bucks organization did what they had to do in order to win. They surrounded Giannis with whatever he wanted, and put a legit team and role players around him.

The Cavs gave LeBron the corpses of Shaq and Antawn Jamison, and essentially built up businesses around Cleveland downtown and made tons of $$ for the owner and his white friends.... while doing nothing to surround LeBron with the same talent.

They are not the same. If Giannis (or hell any all time great) went to that Cleveland organization, they don't sniff the type of success that he did that first go around

rbksNgirbauds

Daps
This is stupid

The Bucks organization did what they had to do in order to win. They surrounded Giannis with whatever he wanted, and put a legit team and role players around him.

The Cavs gave LeBron the corpses of Shaq and Antawn Jamison, and essentially built up businesses around Cleveland downtown and made tons of $$ for the owner and his white friends.... while doing nothing to surround LeBron with the same talent.

They are not the same. If Giannis (or hell any all time great) went to that Cleveland organization, they don't sniff the type of success that he did that first go around
Ay look man, I've heard all these excuses ten times over, fact is the cavs won 60 plus back to back years and we're the favorites in the series he last played for Cleveland the first time (Boston). So it was enough, and if it wasn't, 2010 he probably could have added a Bosh similar to how the Bucks added Jrue. But he would've had to have stayed down for that.
It is what it is tho, what's past is prologue. I'm just the messenger. Bron got them 4 rings no doubt, you can't take it away....but they came at a cost . Y'all gotta live with that.
Giannis ain't getting his like that, he regulating and being a dictator in his home.... that he built....hence the pass.

Milwaukee Bucks....2021 NBA champions. End of discussion :yeshrug:

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
I dont think people really care abiut players getting coaches fired unless it happens multiple times, coaches get fired everyday b. I think people have issues with tons of things lebron has done from a player perspective. Lebron has made tons of personal moves that have led to players getting traded, him leaving teams etc. So yes the media is harder on him due to that and more.

jaydawg08

Superstar
Daps
Ay look man, I've heard all these excuses ten times over, fact is the cavs won 60 plus back to back years and we're the favorites in the series he last played for Cleveland the first time (Boston). So it was enough, and if it wasn't, 2010 he probably could have added a Bosh similar to how the Bucks added Jrue. But he would've had to have stayed down for that.
It is what it is tho, what's past is prologue. I'm just the messenger. Bron got them 4 rings no doubt, you can't take it away....but they came at a cost . Y'all gotta live with that.
Giannis ain't getting his like that, he regulating and being a dictator in his home.... that he built....hence the pass.

Milwaukee Bucks....2021 NBA champions. End of discussion :yeshrug:
It wasn't enough.. He went up against 3-4 HOFers in those years essentially by himself (Spurs in the Finals, Celtics when they got the Big 3).. Uhhh do you not understand the stories about that Cavs organization? They didn't trade for Amar'e Stoudemire, because they wanted to hang onto JJ Hickson. LeBron notoriously tried to recruit players to come to the Cavs, but players didn't wanna play for that owner and didn't want to come to Cleveland.

Bosh was never going to the Cavs lmao. The Cavs had years upon years to figure out how to put a competent roster together, but instead they penny pinched and made $$ from all the local businesses cause LeBron was there.

I get it that it's easier to go the casual route and not include context tho

rbksNgirbauds

Daps
It wasn't enough.. He went up against 3-4 HOFers in those years essentially by himself (Spurs in the Finals, Celtics when they got the Big 3).. Uhhh do you not understand the stories about that Cavs organization? They didn't trade for Amar'e Stoudemire, because they wanted to hang onto JJ Hickson. LeBron notoriously tried to recruit players to come to the Cavs, but players didn't wanna play for that owner and didn't want to come to Cleveland.

Bosh was never going to the Cavs lmao. The Cavs had years upon years to figure out how to put a competent roster together, but instead they penny pinched and made $$ from all the local businesses cause LeBron was there.

I get it that it's easier to go the casual route and not include context tho
I'm just telling you the reason for the perceived double standard bro, I'm not interested in the banter about his first stay in Cleveland per se. It played out how it played out and ain't no amount of paragraphs gone change that.

Giannis got one with this team. That's just the fact mane, it's nothing really to debate me on