Big crowds/huge reactions/DJ drops/pauses/repeated bars are ruining this battle shyt...

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
...I can barely watch these URL/NOME 3 battles. Cats spit for 6 bars then it's a 20 second delay before they start again by repeated the last couple of bars from the previous stretch....

20 minute battles stretched to 40 minutes with NO flow to them.

fukk this shyt

WhatsGoodTy

Ya feel me
Daps
Nah, its not always like that. They really overdid it on this clips vs magic battle though. nikkas first two bars was getting ALL THE DROPS like :what:

ineedsleep212

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
The larger the crowd the more basic ish gets crazy reaction plus the crowd reaction would mean less.

In the smaller venues, they add to it and most of the time comes across as justified :ooh: worthy moments. I don't mind dj drops as long as it's not over done. Bigger crowds equal more unnecessary drops.

RoseWooD

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I been saying this for years.....I hate the NY crowds....I wouldnt say "ruin" cuz I still thoroughly enjoy this shyt...but I definitely prefer the smaller setting with the battle rappers mostly making up the crowd....but Smack gotta have a life too...smh

RichYung

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
People definitely use "Say it again" for weak shyt now... That's my only gripe really. As far as the drops.... Lol... People will just yell for the hell It when they hear "Don Demarco" .. Mafukkas don't even get the line. I STILL think a well placed "Don Demarco" drop is needed though... Don't wanna get too far away from that.

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
I like the big crowds, I just think the Don Demarcos need to be based on crowd reaction instead of the other way around. I'll never get over the fact that he dropped a Don Demarco for Tsu Surf's Full House rebuttal against Hollow despite even the crowd realizing Surf fukked up. You can't go wrong with a small, intimate setting like JC vs. Chilla, but that doesn't really let the battlers display their showmanship and performance.

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK
I like the big crowds, I just think the Don Demarcos need to be based on crowd reaction instead of the other way around. I'll never get over the fact that he dropped a Don Demarco for Tsu Surf's Full House rebuttal against Hollow despite even the crowd realizing Surf fukked up. You can't go wrong with a small, intimate setting like JC vs. Chilla, but that doesn't really let the battlers display their showmanship and performance.

Could you imagine Don Demarcos for JC vs Chilla?? :damn:

ineedsleep212

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
I'm sure there's some middle ground possible. Perhaps sponsors and medium sized crowds can help, but a Summer Madness type of event is needed imo :manny:.

NSSVO

Veteran
Daps
Don Demarco needs to realize he is the Dj n not the star of the event.

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
If Smack is a lame, it's only right his shows are too.......