Big crowds/huge reactions/DJ drops/pauses/repeated bars are ruining this battle shyt...

I_Got_Da_Burna

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You can't go wrong with a small, intimate setting like JC vs. Chilla, but that doesn't really let the battlers display their showmanship and performance.

I disagree...I think performance and showmanship shows better in smaller settings. Everything is better in the smaller setting. No Don Demarco killing the flow of battles is important.

CJ

Your objective semi-troll
Daps
Reppin
6ix
I like the big crowds, I just think the Don Demarcos need to be based on crowd reaction instead of the other way around.

Exactly, that's how I thought it use to be (where he would drop it after the reaction from the crowd.) Now this nikka is basically Judging through his drops.

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
I like the big crowds, I just think the Don Demarcos need to be based on crowd reaction instead of the other way around. I'll never get over the fact that he dropped a Don Demarco for Tsu Surf's Full House rebuttal against Hollow despite even the crowd realizing Surf fukked up. You can't go wrong with a small, intimate setting like JC vs. Chilla, but that doesn't really let the battlers display their showmanship and performance.

Exactly, that's how I thought it use to be (where he would drop it after the reaction from the crowd.) Now this nikka is basically Judging through his drops.
ummm...Don Demarco is starting to do that. there was a point in time where even if the crowd reacted he wouldn't drop it. Now any time the crowd stops shyt he drops a Don Demarco. It used to be regardless of what happened, if the line was unquestionably dope it'd get that drop. Now we hear Don Demarco for bullshyt

raw613

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
602 via 410
ummm...Don Demarco is starting to do that. there was a point in time where even if the crowd reacted he wouldn't drop it. Now any time the crowd stops shyt he drops a Don Demarco. It used to be regardless of what happened, if the line was unquestionably dope it'd get that drop. Now we hear Don Demarco for bullshyt
ya the standard for what gets a Don Demarco did go down " I said yo" " Don Demarco!" me :what:

Trapped

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm not sure about the smaller crowds...for instance Math vs. Daylyt was in front of a small crowd and they got no reaction - this can really be annoying if you're puttin' your work in and then the crowd is a bunch of mutes.

As far as Demarco goes - at first the shyt was interesting, now he's overdoing it. Keep it for really great bars, not mediocre shyt. And that "bang bang bang" shyt sounds like it came from an old Batman movie once the punch drops...

Trav

Marathon Mentality šŸ
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
It's fukkin' ridiculous. We need that loud ass buzzer back for time limits so nikkas HAVE to filter out the filler. We need that random nikka in the crowd who would tell everybody to shut the fukk up. And we need to ban the fukkin entourages from the damn stage. Damn hypeman tryna get their seconds of youtube fame now. I guess that's what happens when shyt go big business though. I'll just keep waiting for a gem here & there because the last year and a half been pure trash.

Trav

Marathon Mentality šŸ
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
And Don Demarco can put the Mossberg in his mouth & do the lord's work.

• Dap
Reactions: IVS

IVS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
In the sky
They need to get Don Demarco the phux out of there. What is a Don Demarco? Nobody wants to hear your name during the battle.

N*E*R*D

In Search Of...
Daps
I'm not sure about the smaller crowds...for instance Math vs. Daylyt was in front of a small crowd and they got no reaction - this can really be annoying if you're puttin' your work in and then the crowd is a bunch of mutes.

As far as Demarco goes - at first the shyt was interesting, now he's overdoing it. Keep it for really great bars, not mediocre shyt. And that "bang bang bang" shyt sounds like it came from an old Batman movie once the punch drops...

Bad example...that battle was in Youtube Studios...it wasn't like they had a live battle rap crowd that were fans of the culture.

clutch

The hunt got three parts
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
It's weird that someone who doesn't battle and as far as I can tell, has nothing to do with the battles aside from playing songs before the matches, is so prominent in the scene.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
These battle rappers need to prepare for a full 3 rounds. Thats all I ask. Am I asking too much?

• Dap
Reactions: IVS

Trapped

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bad example...that battle was in Youtube Studios...it wasn't like they had a live battle rap crowd that were fans of the culture.

Didn't know that. But still, I think some battles would be a lot better in front of bigger crowds...