Big Dave has the scoops on why it's not supposed to be good

Breh Obama

First Breh President. Coli Prophet.
Daps
Reppin
Leader of the righteous Brehs!
Thought you meant Yung King Dave in the thread title, RIP :to:

But :francis:

Has to be one of the stupidest takes I've ever heard.
Vince obviously wants the best product to give people in another 20 years something to be nostalgic for.
Unless Meltzer's follow-up is "Vince will be dead, so he won't care"

:mjlol:
Brehs smokin big doinks in heaven now

:mjcry:

Sypress

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Meltz drunk.

Vince know smarks are full of shyt. They bytch about the product being bad and how they don’t watch it :mjpls:

.....BUT know who da champ, what female wrestlers got beef, who Daniel Brian feuding with......Vince knows they gonna watch REGARDLESS.
They also know relationship statuses on some :gurl:

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That doesn't make any goddamn sense.

When something's bad, it kills all interest. When it's good, people will want to see the old stuff because their overall interest is piqued.

Flywin Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Lannister Bloodline
It’s only old shyt to those who were around back then to witness the shyt

Little Richard isn’t nostalgia to me, but it may be to an older generation who was there when his shyt was on the radio

So to a 21-year old WCW Nitro or Wrestlemania 3 has ZERO nostalgic value

This take makes 0 sense

WWE nowadays, after 25+ years, simply sucks because they are running out of ideas, their Creative Team is weak and they have WAAAAAY more competition than before (Conor McGregor’s better on the mic than their biggest WWE star Reigns and actually most if not all stars.. has more drama in each lead up AND fights for real.. this doesn’t help WWE whose lead ups are boring and fights are predictable and there’s just more out there for fans nowadays)

StarClout

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Broncos/LWO/NYY/NYR/ALA
Meh, I think Vince is just going with the Brian Frons approach of "training the audience."

I used to cover soaps for my day job and I see a lot of parallels between how Vince is running things and how Brian Frons ran things during his tenure at ABC Daytime. Basically it boils down to a strategy of building a base among newer consumers by giving them more of what they want, accepting that there will be a loss of "casual" viewership who aren't as invested in the product and will tune out b/c they don't like the changes, and "training" long time viewers to accept the current product and continue watching, even if they are unhappy by pushing forward instead of reversing course back to the "good old days."

And while it sounds arrogant af when laid out like that, it isn't entirely off base when it comes to generational programming, especially in a niche market. There's an entire generation of fans who weren't even born or old enough to remember the Attitude Era. For them, these "flippy vanilla midgets" ARE their WWE. It's what they like, what they want, and what they enjoy. Casual fans who aren't overly attached tune out entirely, others drop to part time viewers and others only watch or attend shows on special occasions when someone like Undertaker is going to show up. And the people who are so invested they drop money on shows, merch, signings, the Network, ect? The majority of those folks aren't going anywhere, no matter how displeased they are. They may voice their displeasure but will continue to watch/support and eventually come to a point where even if they hate it... They accept that this is the way it is.
Rep for the Frons name drop