Bill Simmons: "Paul pierce was NEVER as popular as Isaiah Thomas is right now in Boston "

the cool

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Seems pretty clear Simmons watches the NBA less and less each season. Sometime during the last 3 or so years he finally became straight casual fan status, when he talks about basketball now he just coasts on hot takes and his "body language expert" bits and stories from the last clipper game he went to, just like any other hack now. There was a time he was actually kind of funny.
thats what happens when you move out to los angeles

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
Do some of y'all remember the early-00's? Pierce was super popular in that era. From a middle-schoolers point of view.

I find what Simmons is saying, very hard to believe...

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
No one will remember a 5'7 guard averaging 30 a game led the Celtics to the number one seed, wasn't all star/all NBA, lost his sister before the playoffs, lost his tooth in a game in the playoffs, still managed to lead the Celtics to the conference finals for the first time since the big three played, scored 50 points against another top tier guard in john wall, and got a standing ovation when the playoffs began?
Isaiah Thomas might be the most disrespected player of All-Time. :mjcry:

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK
You must be Paul pierce

Taking more shots than a player does not make you better. Tracy Macgrady was in the same gimmick offense that Harden and Westbrook are in now. I never watched Harden play and thought he was a better player than Prime Pierce. Smh

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Taking more shots than a player does not make you better. Tracy Macgrady was in the same gimmick offense that Harden and Westbrook are in now. I never watched Harden play and thought he was a better player than Prime Pierce. Smh
T-Mac wasn't better because he took more shots. He was more talented period. Don't revise history nobody ever though this when they was in their primes.