Billboard and Vibe Magazine Top 50 Rappers of all time! #1 Jay-z #2 Kendrick #3 Nas

Stack

Rookie
Daps
They not better tho..its not even a discussion.
Not questioning what's better just interesting to see how puns position was questioned due to amount of albums and by the looks of it that won't be an issue when Biggie appears in the top 10.

Anyway it's cool, trash list with many good to greats rappers missing.

MikeStamina

All Star
Daps
They might as well go all the way nuts n put Nasir Jones at 10

They wouldn't dare troll Beyonce's husband. So Nas it is

MikeStamina

All Star
Daps
I'm really impressed with Mike n Coop.
Impeccable knowledge.

I'm fine with them being in charge of anything hip hop. From nominations, to award shows winners, to any list pertaining to Rap music. Them cats got it

They should become the go to voice for the Genre

Stick Up Kid

Veteran
WOAT
Daps
Reppin
Newark NJ
10. Nas
9. Nicki
8. Tupac
7. Biggie
6. Kendrick
4. Lil Wayne
3. Drake
2. Jay Z
1. Eminem

Guarantee will be a troll list like this

Illmagic

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The way cacs and hipsters see Big Boi is so fukking weird. Do they have a version of Outkast records without him or some shyt.....

He outrapped Andre on Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik not even debatable and it was close on ATLiens but I think more (who aren't purely Andre dikkriders) would probably say Big Boi got the better of more of the songs.

Andre really only started separating himself with Aquemini. Then he had Stankonia where Big Boi still got the better of some of those tracks I mean BOB is one of their biggest records and Big Boi got em. Then they had the half and half.

And again Big Boi had a actual solo career. SLLF wasn't just a solo debut it was one of the best rap records of 2010. Did great critically and commercially and Big Boi has other good solos too... Meanwhile they reduced to talkin bout Andre features lol.... That wasn't even a criteria. These nikkas retarded.
I mostly agree but it def wasn't debatable on ATLiens. Andre left the earth on that album. Nobody woulda out rapped him on there. But yea Big Boi gets highly disrespected. I felt bad for him when they won album of the year cause Im sure Big Boi knew it was much much more cause of "Love Below" then "Speakerbox".

letti cook

Superstar
Daps
looking like pac, jigga, nas, eminem, big, kendrick, wayne, drake, nicki, snoop for the 10...if one of them getting snubbed, who missing :patrice:

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Searched this forum for Big Boi threads and the most replies a Big Boi thread gets is when he's being compared to Andre 3000. 300+ replies in a thread asking when did Andre 3000 become better than Big Boi, but the biggest album thread on Big has like 126 replies. That's less than half. There are three Big Boi Appreciation Threads made between 2013-2019, and combined only have 54 replies.

This is why I don't get the outrage when people talk about "Why is Andre 3000 ranked when Big Boi is nowhere to be found". People that argue in favor of Big Boi don't even show up to support him, so I don't get the outrage when Andre is mentioned, but he isn't. Especially because, people tend to only wave a Big Boi flag when Andre 3000 is mentioned.

Illmagic

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Id be curious on how wach criteria was weighed. They have to be putting more weight on impact/sales. Thats the only possible way Missy would be ranked that high. To me body of work shouldn't only be stuff that charted high. Some albums become beloved later on and are crazy criticaly acclaimed. Music is subjective but when something is wildly praised its very much a fact. I don't think they took that into account.

By by the measure they are using why is Ja Rule not on the list. Crazy ammont of hits, platinum albums. The impact is clearly there when you look at all the singing that was mixed into hip hop after him. Plus he could get down and really rap.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So they’re going to have Raekwon in the top 10? No way he’s left off the list with a top 5 album + Wu work.

EDIT: looks like they left off GZA in favor of all time greats like Ludacris & missy fukking elliot

If Dre is on there, known mostly for producing and not rapping...then why no RZA?

This is why lists, regardless of who makes them, are pointless. Why would someone not list Dre? No, he isn't known for writing and is more so a producer than a rapper. Still, Chronic is arguably the GOAT Hip Hop album. There's also 2001. Dre has (or at least up until Compton) had one of the GOAT delivery/mic presence of ANY rapper. That, nobody can write.

Personally, I don't really view Dre as a rapper like that, but if someone were to list him, I would have no problems with it.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Id be curious on how wach criteria was weighed. They have to be putting more weight on impact/sales. Thats the only possible way Missy would be ranked that high. To me body of work shouldn't only be stuff that charted high. Some albums become beloved later on and are crazy criticaly acclaimed. Music is subjective but when something is wildly praised its very much a fact. I don't think they took that into account.

By by the measure they are using why is Ja Rule not on the list. Crazy ammont of hits, platinum albums. The impact is clearly there when you look at all the singing that was mixed into hip hop after him. Plus he could get down and really rap.

You can't see it because you don't appreciate what Mossy brought to the table and no none is saying you have to. Missy isn't only there for sales. Anybody who has followed her career wouldn't even ask that question. Nearly EVERY album Missy dropped was critically acclaimed. Missy actually is an impactful and influential artist in Hip Hop from the music to the videos.

Daps
Reppin
Chi
looking like pac, jigga, nas, eminem, big, kendrick, wayne, drake, nicki, snoop for the 10...if one of them getting snubbed, who missing :patrice:

Not in the top 10, but a top 50 list without names like Prodigy, GZA, Raekwon, etc. is pretty wild...Especially considering each have classic material + 20+ years in the game. Ludacris? cmon now :mjlol: