Billionaire divorce uncovers secretive world of trusts in South Dakota

Ya?

Banned
Daps
Advisers are paid (handsomely)..to advise about finances. That’s literally there career. :dwillhuh:
Advise yes...but a lot of these athletes gives these advisers free reign of their money and don’t bother to learn the basics.

Your adviser should not be signing things off your behalf, Trey should not have more say about your money than you who is earning the income.

all those who get royally screwed have one thing in common they leave large bulk of responsibility to someone else and then want to cry about it later. It doesn’t matter if you pay someone else to look after your money, it’s not their money.

Astroslik

Veteran
Daps
Advise yes...but a lot of these athletes gives these advisers free reign of their money and don’t bother to learn the basics.

Your adviser should not be signing things off your behalf, Trey should not have more say about your money than you who is earning the income.

all those who get royally screwed have one thing in common they leave large bulk of responsibility to someone else and then want to cry about it later. It doesn’t matter if you pay someone else to look after your money, it’s not their money.
You’re completely going off track. We’re talking about protecting your assets in the likely event of a divorce.

There’s nothing “basic” about trusts and estates and the complexities of shielding your assets.

The average layperson has no idea about trusts and various tax havens, that’s why they hire lawyers and accountants. But you expect young black men who mostly come from poverty to be financial gurus at this? :dwillhuh:

That’s why they hire advisors and people behind them. They don’t have time to learn the ins and outs of trusts and estates while perfecting there craft as a top tier athlete :dwillhuh:

Ya?

Banned
Daps
You’re completely going off track. We’re talking about protecting your assets in the likely event of a divorce.

There’s nothing “basic” about trusts and estates and the complexities of shielding your assets.

The average layperson has no idea about trusts and various tax havens, that’s why they hire lawyers and accountants. But you expect young black men who mostly come from poverty to be financial gurus at this? :dwillhuh:

That’s why they hire advisors and people behind them. They don’t have time to learn the ins and outs of trusts and estates while perfecting there craft as a top tier athlete :dwillhuh:

I am not going off track, you need to watch these docs about these athletes who don’t have a pot to piss in once they are out of the league or retire and get back to me.
I can understand making mistakes or being a little too trusting in the beginning but not to the point of losing it all. Lot of people have no interest in learning about financial management, that’s the basis of a lot of this.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I work in finance and around high net worth individuals so I already know the game. :yeshrug:

The key is you have to put your assets into the trust before you enter into the marriage for this to effectively work. Let's say you're planning to buy a new house for you and your fiance once you tie the not. Try to close on that house before your marriage date and have it under the ownership of your trust not under your name.

I drew up my own trust. All my assets are owned by the trust, including my condo, my rental property, and my investment portfolios. There is nothing in my name, however, I'm the beneficiary of the trust.

It's the only way to stay safe.:whew:
he accumulated wealth and put assets into the truth post marriage tho...:sas1:

LiveFromLondon

Superstar
Daps
Ehh 30 years of marriage and probably some kids, she deserve half or close to:manny:Theres plenty of intangibles she brought to the marriage you cant put a monetary value on esp the kids. She was there for the come up and lived those richer for poorer vows so Coli can speculate that he could've reached such summits without her all they want:comeon::comeon: but fact remains she was there, so cant take that away from her. He needs to drop atleast 500ms.

I had this way of thinking until the IRS caught up to my ass:mjcry:
:russ:drop the caper

Mars

Superstar
Daps
At some point, people need to use some common sense.

He was an accomplished mathematician
He was the NASA contractor
He found success trading commodities.
He and a business partner founded Quantlab

Sure, she was his wife and first employee...but that shouldn't entitle you to 2 billion dollars....That's just ridiculous....Okay, she was married to him for 30 years....

Give her 1 million for every year they were married plus 100k a month for the rest of her life

bnew

Veteran
Daps
At some point, people need to use some common sense.

He was an accomplished mathematician
He was the NASA contractor
He found success trading commodities.
He and a business partner founded Quantlab

Sure, she was his wife and first employee...but that shouldn't entitle you to 2 billion dollars....That's just ridiculous....Okay, she was married to him for 30 years....

Give her 1 million for every year they were married plus 100k a month for the rest of her life

this guy ain't leaving her anything close to that. straight grimey.:francis:

giphy.gif

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
I love these debats. based on what?
prolly based on the fact that you think it's baller for a a rich white man to purchase a dead african. nikkas can't even be free in death. :scust:
Imagine the outrage if i was to purchase john lennons dead body and put it on display. not a single cac would be calling me baller as fukk:comeon: