Black Americans have lowest suicide rate in the developed world

mag357

Superstar
Daps
Reach.

You're original post prior to you commenting on mines was putting your own people down and you basically labeled them as careless and reckless.

No matter what you do or how you live, you're going to die. Regardless of your actions or lifestyle

The only argument you can make is "it's not about when you die it's about who you are before die"

Which in itself is based on whose opinions of what someone thinks a good life or good person is

I grew up to realize I can't put no black person down for their lifestyle because I don't know what that person went through for them to live how they live.

Maybe some people need drugs to make life less painless because of the system that brought them nothing but pain.

Whatever the case may be, it's not my place to comment on them. I hope all is well for them and they get to enjoy a life their happy with.
Ur right... i was labeling my "own people" (ppl who share the same skin color as me) as those things u mentioned.
Stating the obvious, back by ur own eyes and statistics isnt putting anybody down... ur just stating facts.
I see ur main point is that human beings after birth are on their way to death anyway... But obviously there are choices u make in ur life that will increase ur chances of dieing right now, or from old age in 70yrs.
I think the mentality of "let people live", "dont judge them", is where we go wrong. If you care about ur people then you would call them out on their dangerous lifestyle choices. U can feel bad because they been thru shyt, but demand smart choices. We all know what good living is... Even if they cant change, and theres nothing wrong with that... U hope to help future generations of ur people

Easy-E

Suffering From Success | 1316 Days
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Island of Relevancy, Forever
Is there a reason you think for this? Even though there are problems with mental health in some parts of our community and despite societal stress, we never take the punk way out. Now if we could just stop killing each other we'd be GOAT :snoop:
So black people are supposed to be magical and different from every human and not murder?

The fact the 80% of white people kill white people and it's only 10% less than the black/black is amazing actually.

Than fact we are always living amongst each other, we have higher rates of poverty, worst job prospects, social programs keep us in the hood, etc.

Breh, it's normal (unfortunate) ppl kill ppl they live amongst

DrBanneker

Space is the Place
Daps
Reppin
Figthing borg at Wolf 359
The statistic is comparing "US Blacks" to the OVERALL data for other countries, so the comparison doesn't make sense.

It should be overall US vs overall UK or France for example, OR "US Blacks" vs "UK Blacks" or "France Blacks". Wouldn't be surprised you find similar low data.

This is partially true but normalizing the data helps fix this somewhat. Also no one else really breaks stats out much. France by law doesn't do racial stats. UK and Canada don't report racial stats on suicide:yeshrug:

Also, unlike homicide--suicide isn't heavily clustered amongst a single group of people or small area and is a bit more representative of the population. Depending on the numbers people use homicide rates to show Black American homicides per 100,000 are as bad as Latin American or other violent countries but this leaves out how concentrated some of the violence is. Most of us don't live in really violent areas.

Comparing Black America (40 million people), while it can be criticized, to countries isn't completely off. The worst comparisons are geographic mismatch like calling Chicago as violent as Brazil/Venezuela/Iraq where you compare a concentrated urban area to an entire country (which has higher violence in its cities).

DrBanneker

Space is the Place
Daps
Reppin
Figthing borg at Wolf 359
So black people are supposed to be magical and different from every human and not murder?

The fact the 80% of white people kill white people and it's only 10% less than the black/black is amazing actually.

Than fact we are always living amongst each other, we have higher rates of poverty, worst job prospects, social programs keep us in the hood, etc.

Breh, it's normal (unfortunate) ppl kill ppl they live amongst

Yea, we will always kill those we live amongst...human nature. I just wish the rate wasn't so goddamn high. It has been getting better since the 90s (besides the recent spike in a few cities) but I refuse to think the current situation is the best we can ask for.

Easy-E

Suffering From Success | 1316 Days
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Island of Relevancy, Forever
Yea, we will always kill those we live amongst...human nature. I just wish the rate wasn't so goddamn high. It has been getting better since the 90s (besides the recent spike in a few cities) but I refuse to think the current situation is the best we can ask for.
Violent crime is as low as it's ever been. How ever you look at it, it's getting better. If anything; news culture is such than it's problematic to actually cover the fact than white people are killing more white people than black people are killing black people.

Just like most cop killers are white and they don't cover that.

I don't mean to pick on you, but, black people have to have a more realistic view of the world.

And we also just need to celebrate stuff like in the OP.

Daps
Reppin
Oakland
The main point of my response was that we haven't fully assimilated. You can see that in the suicide numbers (if u choose to as an example), or many other examples where u see major differences in african Americans and Caucasians.
to ur point though about AA's being the poster child for assimilation out of all the ex-slaves, there are many factors to that which are glaring, and shouldnt be used as a knock against AA's. You compared Haitians to AA's. But you have to ask yourself what was the population and living conditions like in Haiti at that time compared to america for african slaves, which would influence assimilation. And the rate of assimilation.
What tactics where used in slavery in other places to strip those slaves of their culture? which would cause the minority (slave or ex-slave) to adapt the characteristics of the majority.
Im saying, in reality, 400yrs isnt enough time to fully assimilate or to have fixed our Afro-american issues stemming from being a slave. However, i also agree that we have obviously taken on alot of characteristics of the majority. Which is understandable

For this particular argument , it's not important to explain why we're the most assimilated (that'd a great topic I'd love to contribute to), my point is simply that we are.

And we are.

And it's obvious.

On topic tho - shout out to us :win:

Sindicated

Knowledge is the Greatest gift
Daps
Reppin
opus dei
Sorry to bother you but how do I reply to your comment in the Houston forum? BTW the energy corridor has nice new apts on the west side of Houston.
I think you just click the reply button if thats not it, then idk im still kind of a newb.

Whats the prices like im on a serious budget tell i get settled.

head shots101

North Bronx Blocks!!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx Blocks
You have to understand im from the deep south so being around that many cacs would make me feel uncomfortable as fukk, i dont trust any of them.
I Don't trust anybody .....but idk bro wasn't even thinking about that when I was out there was just having a good time....I was out there with my peoples who live there

Took a train to Italy....shyt was fun

TeenTitansGo

Banned
Daps
I think you just click the reply button if thats not it, then idk im still kind of a newb.

Whats the prices like im on a serious budget tell i get settled.
If you move suburbs like Katy west of Houston you can get rent 3b homes for like 1,200. They have alot new apts for poppin up too around 1000 for 1b

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
This is partially true but normalizing the data helps fix this somewhat. Also no one else really breaks stats out much. France by law doesn't do racial stats. UK and Canada don't report racial stats on suicide:yeshrug:

Also, unlike homicide--suicide isn't heavily clustered amongst a single group of people or small area and is a bit more representative of the population. Depending on the numbers people use homicide rates to show Black American homicides per 100,000 are as bad as Latin American or other violent countries but this leaves out how concentrated some of the violence is. Most of us don't live in really violent areas.

Comparing Black America (40 million people), while it can be criticized, to countries isn't completely off. The worst comparisons are geographic mismatch like calling Chicago as violent as Brazil/Venezuela/Iraq where you compare a concentrated urban area to an entire country (which has higher violence in its cities).

I hear what you're saying about entire countries vs urban areas.

But due to the bolded, these stats indeed cannot be used concerning France so...the comparison is flawed. We'll agree to disagree, because I don't see how comparing a specific portion of population in a country to a whole country makes sense, regardless of how numerous that portion of population is...because what you differentiate in the US (Black/White) isn't differentiated in other countries, so you're literally talking about different things :yeshrug: