Black America's Wealth Illusion: Black Celebrities misrepresenting the black community's wealth

Truth200

Banned
Daps
We have it, instead of going and spending our money on clothing, belts etc. we can invest in a black business.

The weave and hair business is a billion dollar industry, imagine if that money stopped going in a Korean's pockets and stayed in the black community.

We have a serious problem with keeping money once we get it, we have to lern to save, and invest in our communities like every other race does from Arabs to the Asians.

Seems everyone has a business in black neighborhoods/communities but black people

Smart man you are for creating such an excellent dialog in this thread.

I just got Chinese food an hour ago and was blown away by this lil Asian kid who was running the place.

The Asian kid was 9-12 years old running his family business like a real boss.

I walked out with my food like...:mindblown:

Vonte3000

Chance 3 :wow: :blessed:
Daps
Reppin
Darien Ga
Smart man you are for creating such an excellent dialog in this thread.

I just got Chinese food an hour ago and was blown away by this lil Asian kid who was running the place.

The Asian kid was 9-12 years old running his family business like a real boss.

I walked out with my food like...:mindblown:
You have no idea about those Asians bruh :wow:

My girl's mom is Asian and she owns 2 restaurants and co owns a nail place with her sister. Her little brother pretty much runs the damn restaurant and he's 14:wow:

These Asians don't play about their money :whoo:

Truth200

Banned
Daps
That's a tall order...:whoo:
Anything more feasible?

The only way to change the entertainment industry is for black people to stand up to the Jews who own it.

There is no other way, they have already created a monopoly.

blackzeus

Superstar
Daps
Any solutions?

It's just the culture we're in. In post-czar Russia great authors were celebrated, in Victorian England great stage actors where celebrated, in Ancient Rome gladiators were celebrated, in Ancient Greece philosophy and free will were celebrated, etc etc. The post World War II generation celebrated the rejection of social norms, and the post Reagan era celebrates celebrity. So as long as we are in the Instagram/twitter era where everything is about who you are and/or what you have, it's not really going to change much :manny: I think that as long as our culture is so close to the other side (meaning big money/notoriety/fame), it's too much to resist. What made black communities strong back in the day was the fact that we were rejected. Now that all cultures accept our Talented Tenth, there's two black Americas, one accepted by the world with open arms, and one the world would destroy with an atom bomb if possible. They love 50 cent, but lock their car doors when big homey Jermaine is strollin' down the sidewalk :heh: The main solution is for the Talented Tenth to stop leaving the community as soon as they are able to, but with all the white, latina, and asian girls fiendin' for talented tenth d*ck, and the appeal of the Tribecas and the Malibu's and the Gold Coast's, etc., it's too much I think. I am guilty of it to be honest, I upped and left right after school and never looked back :manny: It's only now that I started realizing how much good I could have done in the community if I stayed and settled down with a chick from the community, and how big of a role model I could have been. :snoop:

Last edited:

Vonte3000

Chance 3 :wow: :blessed:
Daps
Reppin
Darien Ga
It's just the culture we're in. In post-czar Russia great authors were celebrated, in Victorian England great stage actors where celebrated, in Ancient Rome gladiators were celebrated, in Ancient Greece philosophy and free will were celebrated, etc etc. The post World War II generation celebrated the rejection of social norms, and the post Reagan era celebrates celebrity. So as long as we are in the Instagram/twitter era where everything is about who you are and/or what you have, it's not really going to change much :manny: I think that as long as our culture is so close to the other side (meaning big money/notoriety/fame), it's too much to resist. What made black communities strong back in the day was the fact that we were rejected. Now that all cultures accept our Talented Tenth, there's two black Americas, one accepted by the world with open arms, and one the world would destroy with an atom bomb if possible. They love 50 cent, but lock their car doors when big homey Jermaine is strollin' down the sidewalk :heh: The main solution is for the Talented Tenth to up and leave the community as soon as they are able to, but with all the white, latina, and asian girls fiendin' for talented tenth d*ck, and the appeal of the Tribecas and the Malibu's and the Gold Coast's, etc., it's too much I think. I am guilty of it to be honest, I upped and left right after school and never looked back :manny: It's only now that I started realizing how much good I could have done in the community if I stayed and settled down with a chick from the community, and how big of a role model I could have been. :snoop:

:lawd:

Truth200

Banned
Daps
I think that as long as our culture is so close to the other side (meaning big money/notoriety/fame), it's too much to resist. What made black communities strong back in the day was the fact that we were rejected. Now that all cultures accept our Talented Tenth, there's two black Americas, one accepted by the world with open arms, and one the world would destroy with an atom bomb if possible.

These are facts and the entertainers in hop hop perpetuate the stereotypes making it worse for underclass blacks.

But with the new leader of sports in the USA being the greatest athlete in the world and a conscious brother things could change.

I'm talking about Lebron James the greatest icon in the history of Black America to walk this Earth since Muhammad Ali.

Lebron is a true hero and the most famous positive role model i have ever seen to the youth, he is the figurehead of excellence.

Obviously Lebron is the most rare example of athleticism but he is the epitome of the African American Family.

Meanwhile Michael Jordan has a cac wife and doesn't want to take pictures with nikkas.

http://www.thecoli.com/threads/jord...is-far-more-ruthless-than-lebron-kobe.233882/

^I made a thread about this last week.

Kritic

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You are the only one I've seen in my life be proud of slave breeding and I've read and seen a lot of pro-black things. So sry I disagree.
call me crazy but i would say the jews breed those nba and nfl niccas to be the way they are. they don't even snitch on them eating them roids.

the mlb cacs snitch on they self all the time.

i'm just spitting facts. i'll worry about whose feelings got hurt next week.

anything to get niccas off sports and this rap music owned and controlled by jews i'll cosign. sports and current entertainment doesn't really help us culturally or as a community. most of them end up broke anyway.

Truth200

Banned
Daps
call me crazy but i would say the jews breed those nba and nfl niccas to be the way they are. they don't even snitch on them eating them roids.

the mlb cacs snitch on they self all the time.

i'm just spitting facts. i'll worry about whose feelings got hurt next week.

anything to get niccas off sports and this rap music owned and controlled by jews i'll cosign.

Real Talk....

Political correctness is the new racism so we can't worry about whose feelings get hurt anymore.

Time to start telling it how it is, if people are sensitive and keep getting upset so be it.

That's why we have freedom of speech in America.

Kritic

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Real Talk....

Political correctness is the new racism so we can't worry about whose feelings get hurt anymore.

Time to start telling it how it is, if people are sensitive and keep getting upset so be it.

That's why we have freedom of speech in America.
you saw how sterling took those whores in the locker room to show off naked athletes like they were horses (no homo) or some shyt.

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
In our culture the cream of the crop is SO EXTREMELY wealthy it sh*ts on everybody else. Like when you're 200 million deep in the nation, the 100,000 or so white athletes are very rare. But most blacks know personally, or are like 3 degrees away from a major crime boss/pro baller because our communities are so much smaller. So when you see the baller all day in your neighborhood on 22s, it kind of takes the glamour away from being an accountant/programmer/professor or other steady type jobs. When you see that one guy in the hood all the time ballin' out, and all the bishes on him, that's what makes it tough, and I think that's the major difference between the black community and the white community.

This is why we all know someone that wants to be a rapper and/or own a club.

Lupe from "Hip-Hop Saved My Life"
"I'd like to make it like the sights on TV
Quite the great life, so nice and easy""

Somehow, someway, many of our black men have been duped into this shyt. The only place you find success before work is in the dictionary.

Take it back even further to Dat nikka Daz on the first DPG album. "I Don't Like to Dream About Getting Paid"

"But tha homie Nate Dogg spots me
And say Yo what's happenin
No you don't know me no more

When ya pass me tha satin
I said ah naw it ain't like that G
I'm trying to go straight
And have a J-O-B

You need to quit that fakkit ass job
That's what he said
Showed me his grip and took some satin to tha head
Damn that nikka had at least two G's
And he was clockin it wit so much ease

That is what people see in the hood on some I'm not trying to be no "Calvin at McDonald's" ass nikka so they say to themselves "Let me get my weight up, sell the trees and try to move up to powder."

It's one of the things that helps me as far as for diversity saddens me just the same. I don't see any black people, especially men, where I go as far as working. I've said it numerous times on here, I work in healthcare finance, make a great wage. I'm starting a new job in a hospital on 8/18/2014. This will be my second job in a row where I'm going to be surrounded by nothing but women. I don't have a problem with it but damn, it's crazy. I just carry the 'black man flag' and represent us to the fullest. I teach college courses as well. I never see young black men in my classes, I see black women and I see white men and women in my classes. I once had a white student, ten years older than me, tell me that he wanted my career. I damn near ran out of the room in shock, lol. I don't need white people to tell me that I'm doing good for some sort of affirmation but I'll be damned if that wasn't funny to hear.

Back on a serious note though, I was talking to my mom about this just yesterday. Growing up, most of our folks were just trying to get jobs, not careers, there is a huge difference. How could our parents put us on game if they were not on themselves? Automobile and Steel Mills put us into middle class but for people of my generation, the game plan was just to emulate what our folks did, to get into those assembly plants, the bar wasn't set to strive higher. I ended up at Ford due to my folks and realized that I was better than this. I was fortunate to get in there in the first place while people try their whole lives to get in places like that.

Kanye West: Heard 'Em Say
Things we see on the screen that's not ours
But these nikkas from the hood so these dreams not far
Where I'm from the dope boys is the rock stars

I can go on and on about this. All I can say though is that this begins with education. Your mind is far more powerful than any weapon that can be drawn against you. We are being left behind in a wilderness, mostly attributed to our own ignorance. Sad shyt brehs.