Black artists ignoring black media on the red carpet

Umoja

Veteran
Daps
I wouldn't interview with someone who approached me like that because my mind would tell me that he'd have no problem throwing mud on my reputation if I didn't do as he pleased (which he proved).

It is a two way street. Pretty sure publications known for defending black stars don't get that treatment. Look at Floyd and Fighthype.

The Wolf Among You

Superstar
Daps
I watched the video and expected the replies to be one way but they’re the other way.:francis:

If you want to see more Black media sites than you have to help foster that talent.
If you know that Black media is put at the end of the fukking carpet than skip one or two of those interviews at the front to get to the back a tad faster.
There are sacrifices that need to be made if we’re ever gonna have anything of our own.

Some of y’all nikkas in here shooting bail: “They skipped the White media too!:damn:
, breh I don’t give a fukk, they just finished interviewing with other White people so it doesn’t even pertain to how Hollywood treats Black media. nikkas can’t stay on code for shyt!:snoop:

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
Ok I watched the video and yeah, they should’ve spent more time trying to get artists and less doing what they did. Also why not show all love to whoever did stop by? The mainstream media don’t always get people at these shows either. Also maybe all these people trying to expose artists on social media all the time makes them want to be choosy with whoever they decided to talk to. I have done things like this and have to do it every year at Panthers training camp. You have to get whoever you can get.. I don’t think these celebrities are going to be quick to run up on people wielding cellphones abc whatnot anyway.

Ya' Cousin Cleon

OG COUCH CORNER HUSTLA
Daps
Reppin
Harvey World to Dallas, TX
you gotta be huff as fukk if you let some celebrity shyt get to you

couldn't be me.

I watched the video and expected the replies to be one way but they’re the other way.:francis:

If you want to see more Black media sites than you have to help foster that talent.
If you know that Black media is put at the end of the fukking carpet than skip one or two of those interviews at the front to get to the back a tad faster.
There are sacrifices that need to be made if we’re ever gonna have anything of our own.

Some of y’all nikkas in here shooting bail: “They skipped the White media too!:damn:
, breh I don’t give a fukk, they just finished interviewing with other White people so it doesn’t even pertain to how Hollywood treats Black media. nikkas can’t stay on code for shyt!:snoop:

The Plug

plug couldnt trust you now u cant trust the plug
Daps
These mf's are playing mind games. When asked why they didn't interview lil nas x, they answer with question asking if lil nas x interview with any other black media as an excuse to why they ignored him. Isn't your goal as an interviewer to go out there and conduct the interview? Couldn't this same logic be applied to all the other artists that they wanted to interview but ignored them and other black media?

He ain’t call for Lil Nas X :mjlol:
:dead:

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
Its a combination of alot of factors.

One thing that goes unnoticed is that dude said alot of times the black media are placed at the very END of carpet, meaning that by the time to celebrities get there they’ve already spent alot of time talking to the press and are hurrying to get in, especially if they are performing. Questlove stopped to shake ole boy’s hand but said he had to go because he PERFORMED that night.

Thats an example of institutional racism. “Yea we’ll let you nikkas show up but at the BACK” so they won’t get prime access when the celebrities have time for a question or two

And then of course there’s the “inferiority” factor that small black media outlets have to overcome amongst our own people. You can’t deny that there are black celebrities who look down on black media and will chase the Time and People magazine interviews all day so as to appear as popular as possible. And that NEEDS to be called to out.
This plus the bolded. By the time they get to the end they're ready to enter the building and take their seat or prepare for their performance. White media was getting ignored too.

Also we can't deny that a lot of artist and performers look down on black media and black centered events. When they're small time or just getting started they'll chop it up with the smaller outlets, attend the BET Awards, Soul Train Awards, NAACP Image Awards, etc but completely ignore them once they "made it."