Daps
Reppin
NULL
most-blacks.jpg

This.

Barlow

He,Him,Nigguh
Daps
A 60 sec interview from a celebrity on the red carpet is not the same as PAYING an unprofessional crew.

Fam if your viewing a red carpet interview the same as a full length independent movie then you are wasting your time going back and forth with me because I will never see your view.
Time is money and time is scarce at these events.
You can’t switch up when to be down for when it suits you.

all you’re telling me is that you don’t want to put in the work with black people, but want those who made it to put you on because of blackness.

that’s not how that works. Either black people are unprofessional or they’re not and you want them put on but won’t return the same hand.

Doobie Doo

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh, NC

all you’re telling me is that you don’t want to put in the work with black people, but want those who made it to put you on because of blackness.

that’s not how that works. Either black people are unprofessional or they’re not and you want them put on but won’t return the same hand.
:mindblown:
Fam, you are just julezing because you want the last word. Pure nikka babble.

Will Ross

Superstar
Bushed
Daps

The funny thing is they never claim to be pro black. But Tariq whole platform is based on it and he hires whites

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
WHAT I WOULD DO

Listen, let's kick the ballistics here......not a SINGLE one of these outlets is going to seek out or publish an interview with Stoney Jackson tomorrow. Even though he is a Black entertainment industry veteran. Not even if he PAID them money.
stoneystonestone.jpg

Whether they will admit it or not, these small media outlets are viewed by celebs the SAME way Stoney Jackson is viewed by them and other media outlets.

That's not a shot at Stoney, just used him to illustrate my point. These sites see little or no value/benefit in interviewing him, and the modern celebs that curved these outlets see little/no value in fielding questions from them in a sea of competing cameras and mics.

As a person who was in those trenches before, I KNOW that shaming/blaming/pointing fingers is NOT going to help my outlet short term or long term.

I would try to get guest co-hosts for the red carpet interviews. Black celebs who are no longer in the spotlight but who still have just enough cache to be recognized by the celebs who are currently hot. The celebs might not know the name of my platform, or the names/faces of my normal hosts, but they would recognize the B or C celeb who is guest interviewing for me.
If there was a current viral star that everybody was talking about, I'd try to maybe get that person as a co-host.For the same reason.

Cheese McNair

Bought it this morning, drive it like I stole it
Daps
WHAT I WOULD DO

Listen, let's kick the ballistics here......not a SINGLE one of these outlets is going to seek out or publish an interview with Stoney Jackson tomorrow. Even though he is a Black entertainment industry veteran. Not even if he PAID them money.
stoneystonestone.jpg

Whether they will admit it or not, these small media outlets are viewed by celebs the SAME way Stoney Jackson is viewed by them and other media outlets.

That's not a shot at Stoney, just used him to illustrate my point. These sites see little or no value/benefit in interviewing him, and the modern celebs that curved these outlets see little/no value in fielding questions from them in a sea of competing cameras and mics.

As a person who was in those trenches before, I KNOW that shaming/blaming/pointing fingers is NOT going to help my outlet short term or long term.

I would try to get guest co-hosts for the red carpet interviews. Black celebs who are no longer in the spotlight but who still have just enough cache to be recognized by the celebs who are currently hot. The celebs might not know the name of my platform, or the names/faces of my normal hosts, but they would recognize the B or C celeb who is guest interviewing for me.
If there was a current viral star that everybody was talking about, I'd try to maybe get that person as a co-host.For the same reason.

That’s kinda what Drink Champs did. Interviewing the people that are known but aren’t trendy or as in-demand as they once were.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
They would need to work together and come up with a strategy. Basically, allow each Black media outlet to ask as a specific, unique, traffic/view garnering question. They should huddle/meet and work out who will ask what - so they all eat.

Actually, it does work better for Black Media to work together -- than separately. It's done all the time - well it used to be like that. And that's how many of the platforms of the past grew.

But, it's no unity -- and "Black" media doesn't mean ADOS -- so therefore - everyone has different goals, perspectives and are for-self.
If there was a platform that did NOT directly compete with you, it could work.Ebony and Black Enterprise magazines, for example. John Johnson(rip) and Don Cornelius(rip) could have worked together.

Entertainment news platforms are pretty much going after the same audience though.If there's an instance of those sites working together, doing what you suggested...I'm not aware of it happening. They are all competing for the same dwindling ad revenue,sponsorships, and views.

And from a marketing standpoint, because they don't do a good job of differentiating themselves, the majority of them are seen as interchangeable.

Last edited:

Homeboy Runny-Ray

From Around The Way
Daps
Reppin
Classic Niccas
This is cringeworthy and honestly why black artists should boycott The Grammys. But honestly we know our awareness as a culture won't allow us to do that, too many of us are in position from white hands to be at The Grammys and don't wanna lose the stimulus package the white hands give us...

fukk The Grammys, I haven't watched it in years with these black eyes and I hardly need their approval to tell me who's hot...

THIS

especially in this day & age where the vast majority of mainstream acts aren't organic grassroots at all.
and the ones whose come-up was organic, are usually older acts who been fell off but are still around because they play the game.

I stopped paying attention to 95% of mainstream artists a decade ago. most of that chit is butt.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Its a combination of alot of factors.

One thing that goes unnoticed is that dude said alot of times the black media are placed at the very END of carpet, meaning that by the time to celebrities get there they’ve already spent alot of time talking to the press and are hurrying to get in, especially if they are performing. Questlove stopped to shake ole boy’s hand but said he had to go because he PERFORMED that night.

Thats an example of institutional racism. “Yea we’ll let you nikkas show up but at the BACK” so they won’t get prime access when the celebrities have time for a question or two

And then of course there’s the “inferiority” factor that small black media outlets have to overcome amongst our own people. You can’t deny that there are black celebrities who look down on black media and will chase the Time and People magazine interviews all day so as to appear as popular as possible. And that NEEDS to be called to out.

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
You have to get who you can get. These people haze hundreds of media to talk to and other obligations. Also these celebs are going to talk to the big dogs first. There are some smaller media people that know how to move out here just follow their lead.