Black artists ignoring black media on the red carpet

Ahadi

Veteran
Daps
But the artists are even walking pass the cac media outlets so it ain't like they showing favoritism to the cacs or something

Yeah, there’s a lot going on and they’re making sure their “product / money maker” is protected.

Daps
They not ignoring them because they are black owned. They're ignoring them because they are a youtube channel amongst a crowd of actual mainstream Media companies. BET probably doesn't have the same problems as Black Tree TV.

They can’t get to that higher level without support. We can’t blame a “system” when our own who are in a position to help us get to another level won’t stop for a minute to say a few sentences to help them out.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
do not be fooled. it is not just about getting your weight up. this is a real issue and has always been a real issue. its the black folks wont talk to black media. and others wont talk to black media. its not like its that hard. its only a handful of them. shoot, knock them all out at once, have them crowd around and get a few questions and keep it pushing. its doable. but if you dont care. you dont care. it aint that hard to think about your people. and how are you too big to holler at the little guy when being black is always being the little guy even when you're the big guy. one bad move and they will make you little again. we know this. this is not the same as talking to every wanna be rapper on the streets wanting to get signed. this is like 4 to 6 media. thats it.
I'm under no pretenses, as this exact topic comes up every year since I joined

I have threads and posts here about the history, importance, and the decline of Black(owned) media.

Media outlets have to adapt and come up with creative ways to survive.
Shaming Black celebs into speaking to your platform is not IT.
TRUST ME. I've worked on projects with Black owned media companies, there are ways to work around the problems, the shaming approach is unbecoming.

goatmane

Veteran
Daps
Hate to say it when your getting attacked by your own .....

They will remember who said what

shade room bossip ....are wild with the disrespect

im not saying the white ones dont but at some point you remember who is saying what and when its your own it stings the most

Just saying ...we hate each other and I still dont know why

BS

TMZ will run stories on anybody and people got no problem talkin to them

Celebs, politicians and athletes have dinners with the same writers that shyt on them all day

I ain't giving none of them a pass

Barlow

He,Him,Nigguh
Daps
BET is not owned by black people and this is common knowledge

Considering we need more black media outlets why wouldn't a black celebrity take literally 60 seconds to speak to them and help build their brand? A one minute interview with the right celeb could help put them on the map for the independent black journalist.

now weren’t you just not too long ago co-signing Tariq not hiring/working with black people for projects saying it’s too hard and they’re not professional?

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm under no pretenses, as this exact topic comes up every year since I joined

I have threads and posts here about the history, importance, and the decline of Black(owned) media.

Media outlets have to adapt and come up with creative ways to survive.
Shaming Black celebs into speaking to your platform is not IT.
TRUST ME. I've worked on projects with Black owned media companies, there are ways to work around the problems, the shaming approach is unbecoming.
i didnt say it would work. but it needs to be said. so hopefully the next crop of young black celebs get the message. black first and everything else 2nd. like i said. all they have to do is get them together in a room to knock them all out at once. and do them First. treat them like you want to be treated by the white media or else, keep beginning white people to treat you right while praying black people come to back you up, the same black people you wont back up. you want to go out there by yourself?thats on you. do you. just dont ask for the groups help when things get real.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
i didnt say it would work. but it needs to be said. so hopefully the next crop of young black celebs get the message. black first and everything else 2nd. like i said. all they have to do is get them together in a room to knock them all out at once. and do them First. treat them like you want to be treated by the white media or else, keep beginning white people to treat you right while praying black people come to back you up, the same black people you wont back up. you want to go out there by yourself?thats on you. do you. just dont ask for the groups help when things get real.
Think about what you wrote and whether it's practical or not.

These Black owned smaller sites are ALSO competing with each other for content, so in what way would it benefit any of them to do joint interviews with Black celebs and post the EXACT same video footage the next day?

Doobie Doo

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh, NC
now weren’t you just not too long ago co-signing Tariq not hiring/working with black people for projects saying it’s too hard and they’re not professional?

Yes I was.

And a 60 sec interview on the red carpet with a reporter and a camera man is totally the same as a 90 minute independent movie with a script, full cast and crew.

Last edited:

xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta
Think about what you wrote and whether it's practical or not.

These Black owned smaller sites are ALSO competing with each other for content, so in what way would it benefit any of them to do joint interviews with Black celebs and post the EXACT same video footage the next day?

They would need to work together and come up with a strategy. Basically, allow each Black media outlet to ask as a specific, unique, traffic/view garnering question. They should huddle/meet and work out who will ask what - so they all eat.

Actually, it does work better for Black Media to work together -- than separately. It's done all the time - well it used to be like that. And that's how many of the platforms of the past grew.

But, it's no unity -- and "Black" media doesn't mean ADOS -- so therefore - everyone has different goals, perspectives and are for-self.

Barlow

He,Him,Nigguh
Daps
Yes I was.

And a 60 sec interview on the red carpet with a reporter and a camera man is totally the same as a 90 minute independent movie with a script, full cast and crew.
Not really if you have the same mindset of “these people are not serious.”

cant not wanna hire black people then turn around and want rich black people with the same mindset to think black and put people on. They’re gonna get more exposure at vulture so that’s where their head is.

Doobie Doo

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh, NC
Not really if you have the same mindset of “these people are not serious.”

cant not wanna hire black people then turn around and want rich black people with the same mindset to think black and put people on. They’re gonna get more exposure at vulture so that’s where their head is.

A 60 sec interview from a celebrity on the red carpet is not the same as PAYING an unprofessional crew.

Fam if your viewing a red carpet interview the same as a full length independent movie then you are wasting your time going back and forth with me because I will never see your view.