Black British comedian talks about African Americans

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
Many movements/idealogies/dialects are borrowed from other ethnic groups at times so what? Is this supposed to denote 'superiority"?They then flip it and make it into something unique for themselves.

For example lot of Jamaican patois have their roots from African languages
. .

you can't compare "rooted" culture (african influenced patois) to contemporary influences like modern music that are from outside of your culture:childplease:

K.O.N.Y

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW YORK CITY
:snoop:

This again.

Only on the coli is Garage/Grime/Jungle considered offshoots of hip hop.

In the real world, we all know them shyts are the British b*stard children of Dancehall/Reggae/Dub

But I'll let you continue on your one man crusade to disprove history.....

:umad:

Im legit:mindblown: that uk brehs think grime doesnt fall under the umbrella of rap/hip hop

Its like saying water isnt wet

Larry Lambo

Superstar
Daps
I liked the concept of the joke, but his imitation of African Americans was pretty bad.

It seems like he hasn't been exposed much to African-Americans and came off like a white guy imitating us. When you imitate people of other cultures you have to be on point, or it's going come off all wrong.

Homie somewhat redeemed himself with the African part at the end, but it still couldn't salvage the routine.

QueenSheba

All Star
Daps
:lolbron:

Garvey went to the USA because a combination of not getting any love/support in Jamaica/Carib and also because he viewed Aframs as the most Afrocentric/Pro Black and most progressive and accomplished of all "afro" people. he basically thought Jamaicans, his own people were "c00ns":francis:

Garvey on jamaica

On the concept of "Blackness" in Jamaica

............isn't it telling that Garvey's wife learned to embrace "blackness" in the USA and not Jamaica:jbhmm:

Stuart Hall (Jamaican)

Stuart Hall (cultural theorist) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

..say "black" wasn't used in Jamaica until the 1970's, right around the time of the Civil Right and BlackPower in the USA:jbhmm:

when "black" became an identity in Jamaica

You humbled me. Now I have to read all your sources after I complete my school work and career work assignments. Thanks alot Illmatic. Thanks alot. :stopitslime:. Needless to say knowledge is power. And after I'm done reading your sources I will bombard you with questions my brother. :ehh: