Black Children, Musicianship and Nurturing For Success

C L O N E*0690//////
Daps
Reppin
uptXwn***///***///
if you love something keep learning as long as you live

at the same time all that classically trained shyte is cool but it won't matter if you a cornball

& honestly the social aspect of music is the most powerful aspect of it

don't matter how many instruments you play or how well you play them if you ain't wavy

lately the most musically literate artist have been the big time cornballs/nerds

music is just the side dish to selling image & personality

Dr. Acula

ACCEPT JESUS
Supporter
Daps
I think the church, regardless of how you feel about religion, is what helped cultivate black musical talent. Most of the GOATs spent their time in the church developing their skills in whatever they eventually became famous doing.

I mean going to church and being religious is a much more complicated and serious consideration to think about than simply developing musical talent, but it is worth considering that as the religiosity dies in the black community, an avenue not only to be introduced to creating music but a place and time to really cultivate talent, dies with it.

The Fade

I don’t argue with niqqas on the Internet anymore
Daps
if you love something keep learning as long as you live

at the same time all that classically trained shyte is cool but it won't matter if you a cornball

& honestly the social aspect of music is the most powerful aspect of it

don't matter how many instruments you play or how well you play them if you ain't wavy

lately the most musically literate artist have been the big time cornballs/nerds

music is just the side dish to selling image & personality

Lotta "corny" dudes be making sick shyt. The ones that dont only play in an orchestra

Music literacy is a part of black history :martin: nikkas was obsessed about keys. Thats why JAzz is so big. Thats why Giant Steps is a big deal

Have you done a legitimate vibrato on an instrument before breh?
I think the church, regardless of how you feel about religion, is what helped cultivate black musical talent. Most of the GOATs spent their time in the church developing their skills in whatever they eventually became famous doing.

I mean going to church and being religious is a much more complicated and serious consideration to think about than simply developing musical talent, but it is worth considering that as the religiosity dies in the black community, an avenue not only to be introduced to creating music but a place and time to really cultivate talent, dies with it.

The guitar riff was invented in church by a black lady. White people came to black churches to learn and copy how to do music. The church pops out some of the most literate and capable black artists

Daps
Reppin
Sands Of The East

This is true and the church defiantly kept black musicianship alive after the removal of in school music programs.

But i feel children should have formal training as well it goes way more in dept musically than gospel music does Even Cory Henry said alot of gospel musicians get themselves to certain point intermediate point and stay there whereas Classical and Jazz musicians are constantly striving for virtuosity and total mastery of their instrument. I think combining both the church experience and formal instruction will be the best course of action

Daps
I agree 1000000%

Anyone can rap. That is like pulling down your pants and taking a shyt. Requires no skill at all anymore. People are literally mumbling on A record.

Playing any instrument well requires teaching, and practice.

My kids take piano lessons every Week and I bought a piano for the house.

The Fade

I don’t argue with niqqas on the Internet anymore
Daps
This is true and the church defiantly kept black musicianship alive after the removal of in school music programs.

But i feel children should have formal training as well it goes way more in dept musically than gospel music does Even Cory Henry said alot of gospel musicians get themselves to certain point intermediate point and stay there whereas Classical and Jazz musicians are constantly striving for virtuosity and total mastery of their instrument. I think combining both the church experience and formal instruction will be the best course of action

Yup. This is why Virtuosity is important

So if you wanted to basically create a puzzle, patterns within patterns that are enjoyable to listen to.. you can do it.

Dont know why people think being trained means there is no syncopation or playing on the off-beat.

It just means you can take advantage of the rules.. and break them if need be

Daps
Reppin
Sands Of The East
Yup. This is why Virtuosity is important

So if you wanted to basically create a puzzle, patterns within patterns that are enjoyable to listen to.. you can do it.

Dont know why people think being trained means there is no syncopation or playing on the off-beat.

It just means you can take advantage of the rules.. and break them if need be

Exactly and black people have more than enough talent to do this effortlessly.We as tend to get to a sweet spot and then idle there. We're too content with just being Good Enough and as far as i'm concerned that's just another word for squandering the infinite potential we have.

I'm blown away when i here alot of these black church taught musicians now imagine if they had a teacher to nurture their talent and guide from the basic all the way up to the mindbogglingly advanced stuff. They would be playing circles, squares and triangles around all these asian and white classical musicians. Not to mention all of the academic benefits that come from music training

And we can still do this we just got to get proactive about teaching these kids while they're young.

Last edited:

C L O N E*0690//////
Daps
Reppin
uptXwn***///***///
Lotta "corny" dudes be making sick shyt. The ones that dont only play in an orchestra
oh i am sure they do

i was saying that that talent is lost on the listeners

success is more related to who's making what folks "feel"

the "vibe" is not just music now more than ever it depends on developing a "cult of personality"

success is selling swagg to the swaggless it's all a finesse whoever defines the "cool" for that moment is who draws the crowd

the actual music these days is just some background shyte & being as it's subjective you can take any song & if you spin it enough tell folks it's fire plus the "artist" attached has the charisma look & style sheeple aspire to emulate it'll sell like hotcakes

like i said if you truly love it then yes pursue perfection of your art

but success isn't standing on knowledge or skill it's some social hierarchy shyte

TinFoilSnapBack

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Five star and rep.

I feel the exact same way. The older I get, the more I understand how the commodification and monetization of hip-hop was a conspiracy against us. We were gods of this music shyt. If our youth aspired to be like Coltrane instead of [insert flavor-of-the-month rapper here], then we would be on a crazy high frequency as a people. We have, naturally, what these asian and white kids take expensive lessons to get.

Don't get it twisted...there are lots of great Black instrumentalists out there right now. However, if musicianship was still the NORM among our young artists, then we would be taking over the world.

As previously stated, music stimulates several brain functions. Furthermore, music is vibration and frequency. Listening to more musically complex material is way more advantageous to the mind than a four-bar loop beat with a nikka bragging about money and hoes over it.

Daps
Reppin
Sands Of The East
Five star and rep.

I feel the exact same way. The older I get, the more I understand how the commodification and monetization of hip-hop was a conspiracy against us. We were gods of this music shyt. If our youth aspired to be like Coltrane instead of [insert flavor-of-the-month rapper here], then we would be on a crazy high frequency as a people. We have, naturally, what these asian and white kids take expensive lessons to get.

Don't get it twisted...there are lots of great Black instrumentalists out there right now. However, if musicianship was still the NORM among our young artists, then we would be taking over the world.

As previously stated, music stimulates several brain functions. Furthermore, music is vibration and frequency. Listening to more musically complex material is way more advantageous to the mind than a four-bar loop beat with a nikka bragging about money and hoes over it.
Absolutely i'm glad you and others clearly understand this for awhile i felt like i was the only one :obama:

All in All despite the hardships it's up to us to be proactive in making it the norm again. We should guide the youth to tradition musicianship not only getting them to play but urging them to excel beyond all others in the field. Doing so conditions the mind for excellence in all other fields.