Black couple living in "tiny home" paid off $125k in debt fast

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
:dahell:

4 out of the top 10 are in the south... the others are places that nikkas don't really fukk wit

I was talking specifically about the top 3. I saw The Bay Area, Seattle and Phoenix.

None of these places have high regards on this website

Actually the list I think you’re speaking about is the one that Talks about metros outpacing whites. The chart after

Freedman

Choppers For Karate Nggas
Daps
Reppin
Louisiana
this tiny home trend.... idk if i like it. maybe if it was 20k instead of 50k
If you are single and can buy/own land you could probably get a small Trailer/Manufactured home in the 20k range :patrice:
Just something to always own and then stack bread

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
I think the bigger problem is they’re both college graduates yet making a combined income of $56k....

When you take the same degree 50,000 others doing but there's only 35,000 job openings it be like that

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
this tiny home trend.... idk if i like it. maybe if it was 20k instead of 50k

If I can't retire by 60, my end goal would be a tiny house. $50,000 over 15 years is cheap compared to 250,000. Of course you have to find cheap land, but it's out there

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
Have y'all ever been inside of a tiny home? they're ridiculous, it's crazy for one person to live in one let alone two.

Nah, i'd rather move back in w/my parents at my age than live in one of those :camby:

Ya?

Banned
Daps
Make your debt work for you. Your landlord or grocer isn't trying to hear that you paid off your student loans when your rent is due or don't have money to buy food. Commendable on paying it off, but they're in trouble especially with them making 56K combined.

Your emergency fund needs to have at least six months of cash for your expenses. They really messed up here. Hopefully they both get on their feet soon.
You can never go wrong by paying debt off. Now they can build from there two able bodied individuals who seem to work as a partners will always be a win

Last edited:

Ya?

Banned
Daps
What is a mortage?
What is a Student loan?
What is a car note?
What is a credit card?
What is a 2 year phone bill contract on an expensive phone?

If you answered Debt, then you are right :blessed:

What makes something "good debt" is if your ROI exceeds the money you put up as a debt

A student loan for Med school to be a Surgeon is good debt
A car note for a Mercedes to impress thots in your neighborhood is bad debt

Especially if you want to start a business. Understanding the difference between good debt and bad debt is the key to success
That’s not necessarily good debt that’s called debt management in a society that makes debt inevitable.

Ya?

Banned
Daps
The trouble with this site is too often you guys miss the forest for the trees.

This is an example of a healthy relationship and how a young black college graduate couple should move (partially) in the world. No crazy baby mom baby dad stories, MARRIED, tackling debt together, paid it off now they focus on building or increasing their income. Self discipline and living within their means. It seems like they are on the same page financially and they acknowledge that they screwed around financially or else they would have been further ahead which is more realistic for the average person.

they are very admirable. I bet one of the two is African judging by the name. The big takeaway for me is less the income as much is stressing the importance of having an equally yoked partner in the game of life.

Daps
The trouble with this site is too often you guys miss the forest for the trees.

This is an example of a healthy relationship and how a young black college graduate couple should move (partially) in the world. No crazy baby mom baby dad stories, MARRIED, tackling debt together, paid it off now they focus on building or increasing their income. Self discipline and living within their means. It seems like they are on the same page financially and they acknowledge that they screwed around financially or else they would have been further ahead which is more realistic for the average person.

they are very admirable. I bet one of the two is African judging by the name. The big takeaway for me is less the income as much is stressing the importance of having an equally yoked partner in the game of life.

The wife is Haitian.

Well, their channel is really going to blow up now. They were featured on GMA.

ThrobbingHood

Take from the b*tch, give to the whores.
Daps
Respect to them. I remember living in a real shytty apartment straight out of college. But I was budgeting like hell because I saw the long term goal. People looked at me crazy because I was hardly going out or spending money.

Meanwhile, everyone else around me (who didn’t have the luxury of staying at home for long after college) were spending extortionate amounts on rent , food, clothes.

Now I own multiple properties whilst a lot of them are still paying rent. Sadly, a lot of people don’t know how to budget. If you find a real one out of college then dual income Is the way to go.

Don’t spend your money on a bird that wants all the lavish things now with zero stability, that’s how a lot of brehs go broke, and their girl ends up moving on to the next one because she “doesn’t want to struggle.” :stopitslime:

Ya?

Banned
Daps
Respect to them. I remember living in a real shytty apartment straight out of college. But I was budgeting like hell because I saw the long term goal. People looked at me crazy because I was hardly going out or spending money.

Meanwhile, everyone else around me (who didn’t have the luxury of staying at home for long after college) were spending extortionate amounts on rent , food, clothes.

Now I own multiple properties whilst a lot of them are still paying rent. Sadly, a lot of people don’t know how to budget. If you find a real one out of college then dual income Is the way to go.

Don’t spend your money on a bird that wants all the lavish things now with zero stability, that’s how a lot of brehs go broke, and their girl ends up moving on to the next one because she “doesn’t want to struggle.” :stopitslime:

good advice but I personally brehs need to exercise more relationship discipline as well as...juggling girls and leaving a trail of babies with women you see no future is why a lot them struggle financially. I can guarantee a lot of black men would fare better financially if they didn’t have child support to pay out of meagre income and settled down instead of being a Mack into old age. A lot of Black people get jipped from earning high income due to racism, double income household is the way to go and planning your families instead of having oops babies.

Dudes like OP often get clowned by men on this site.