Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
A message to Charlottesville about Lee Park from your local Black farmer:

I know some folks are really feeling themselves about this whole Love Trumps Hate counter-rally to Richard Spencer's punch-worthy shenanigans in Lee Park. I'd like to appreciate it, but frankly I just don't.

I've lived in several cities and visited many more before Charlottesville. I like this town for its natural beauty, it's small size, the friendliness of its people, and its food. But folks, here's something else: Charlottesville is by far the most aggressively segregated place I've ever lived in or visited. And that seems a strange thing to have to say about a town that hosts a public university.

I say "aggressively" for two reasons. One, because of how assertive police (and the citizens who summon them) are here with racial profiling. It got so bad in 2014 - 2015 that I stopped renting farmland on estates where I could be easily seen from the road, and I stopped making food deliveries into wealthier neighborhoods because of how often police would "happen by" and sometimes even question me five or ten minutes after I got a strange look from a passerby (usually someone jogging, but occasionally someone in a car). I'm not a paranoid kinda guy, but this happened way too often to be a coincidence.

It isn't Richard Spencer calling the cops on me for farming while Black. It's nervous White women in yoga pants with "I'm with Her" and "Coexist" stickers on their German SUVs.

Second is the sheer degree of cultural appropriation going on with businesses in the city proper. It's little things - e.g. shops and other businesses incorporating wide swaths of hiphop culture into their branding while having not a single Black owner, partner, employee, or vendor. And those businesses are KILLING IT here. This is a town where Blackness advances White-owned brands and subjects Black-owned businesses to inspection by law enforcement.

Do you really think that problem comes from people like Richard Spencer?

Check out C'Ville Weekly's Instagram feed when you get a moment, and try not to notice that the few depictions of Black people are limited to sports, singing, criminal justice, or single parenthood. White people, meanwhile, are represented as political activists, chefs, cogs in the gig economy, musicians, dancers, people who get married, visual artists, songwriters, architects, landscapers, thespians, artistic directors, wedge-heel-wearing rugby players, dog lovers, farmers, firefighters, and people who play with their kids in cul de sacs.

Richard Spencer is not the editor of C'Ville Weekly.

Truth is, as a Black dude, I'm far less bothered by the flag wavers in this picture than this town's progressives assuming its race problem has nothing to do with them. The former is a visual inconvenience. The latter could leave my daughters without a father.

So please, put down the candles and instead ask yourself: why is my city like this? Why is life like this for Black people in my wonderful city? The answer is a lot closer to home than Richard Spencer or Lee Park.

My man has 8,500 shares and counting

fact

Fukk you thought it was?
Daps
Reppin
How you gonna ROFL with a hollow back?
My man has 8,500 shares and counting
Really can't argue with a person that is exposing his real life experience, the problem is that this will be weaponized by the very people that actually hate his guts, and think he is sub-human, and held up as proof from the fringe right that "black people actually like white supremacists more than liberals". Is that the message that black folks want conveyed? He will be a likely hero from the T_D, infowars, alt-Reich crowd, and will be displayed like Clarke, Malik, Carson. "Based black farmer"

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Really can't argue with a person that is exposing his real life experience, the problem is that this will be weaponized by the very people that actually hate his guts, and think he is sub-human, and held up as proof from the fringe right that "black people actually like white supremacists more than liberals". Is that the message that black folks want conveyed? He will be a likely hero from the T_D, infowars, alt-Reich crowd, and will be displayed like Clarke, Malik, Carson. "Based black farmer"

And who the fukk cares what they do? Do you really think that the kind of people who care about infowars and the alt-Reich crowd are really going to have their position swayed by whether or not posts like this exist?

Those lost souls are lost souls whether or not a Black man stands up for what is really going on for him in his own neighborhood.

If Black people are going to have justice and a righteous path in this country, it is going to be by exposing what is wrong with that murky middle. They need to be shown out for who they are and what they do, and forced to make a choice. Sometimes that's going to take a lot of love and sometimes that's going to take a lot of discipline. This man was harsh on them, but that's part of what they need to hear.

I don't care what kind of propaganda the 10% fringe uses. It's the 50% or whatever of White folk who are still salvageable but who aren't holding up their end of the bargain that need to be called out on this shyt.

jerniebert

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, Ca
I was just in Charlottesville last week. The area is beautiful, but fukk is it a complete culture shock. They are so fukken racist out there. I'm Mexican and have been to that area twice in the last 3 months and have yet to see a single Mexican out there. All the shyt they talk about Mexicans taking their jobs and they don't even have any Mexicans in that area to take their jobs. The whole area is all white with some black people scattered in. And as much as it saddens me to say this. The black folks out there are submissive to the white folks. It's sad to see. Anytime I walked into any place I got some crazy looks. I play a lot of basketball outdoors in the Fresno Sun, so I'm pretty dark skin. I still trip out when I talk to the locals who do labor work like construction jobs and they're all white. I told a few contractors about the cheap Mexican labor who are just happy to have a job out in California and they were in shock. They had just heard about this, but never really experienced it. They all complain about their expensive white labor who quit on them all the time.

It surprises me that they vote democrat in that area.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Superstar
Daps
:popcorn3::popcorn:

How many posts before someone calls him a c00n?

c00n

fukk your Jedi Mind Tracks Cac :pacspit:

Never the less, I'm sure his concerns of liberal racism is real and prevalent but I hate how in his writing he doesn't feel the need to condemn the white supremacy from the likes of Richard Spencer just because he doesn't encounter his racism on a daily basis.

Like sure it isn't Richard Spencer "calling the cops" on you, I haven't had Richard Spencer call the cops on me either, but it is Richard Spencer touting whites as being superior to other races and calling for a "peaceful ethnic cleansing" to halt the "deconstruction" of European culture.

Which is why some people think he's a :mjpls: in hiding.

JahFocus CS

Get It How You Get It
Daps
Reppin
Republic of New Afrika

fukk them. who cares? you act like they won't spin everything to fit whatever narrative they want to push anyway.

y'all need to stop being so goddamn scared of these cacs. this post is suggesting that fear should trump telling the truth and opposing white supremacy in all its forms.

in general, too many of us aren't interested in actual liberation, just a kinder, gentler white supremacy.

fukk Richard Spencer and fukk liberal racists. they are part of the same system of white supremacy. I'm interested in ending that system and fukk anybody who defends and reinforces it.

fact

Fukk you thought it was?
Daps
Reppin
How you gonna ROFL with a hollow back?
fukk them. who cares? you act like they won't spin everything to fit whatever narrative they want to push anyway.

y'all need to stop being so goddamn scared of these cacs. this post is suggesting that fear should trump telling the truth and opposing white supremacy in all its forms.

in general, too many of us aren't interested in actual liberation, just a kinder, gentler white supremacy.

fukk Richard Spencer and fukk liberal racists. they are part of the same system of white supremacy. I'm interested in ending that system and fukk anybody who defends and reinforces it.
I guess you are right, the narrative is the narrative, and you are right that it will get spun whichever way they want it to get spun. If it's a systemic, inherent problem for the community, then we can all understand why he would get angry about it and want to expose it, call out the hypocrisy, maybe he will touch on the nerves of the white guilt in the area and spark change. The technique he used will probably be effective as well, because if there is one thing that will get a white liberal to act, one way or another, is to be compared to a white supremacist. It should separate the folks acting in good faith from the folks just acting for group acceptance.

JahFocus CS

Get It How You Get It
Daps
Reppin
Republic of New Afrika
I guess you are right, the narrative is the narrative, and you are right that it will get spun whichever way they want it to get spun. If it's a systemic, inherent problem for the community, then we can all understand why he would get angry about it and want to expose it, call out the hypocrisy, maybe he will touch on the nerves of the white guilt in the area and spark change. The technique he used will probably be effective as well, because if there is one thing that will get a white liberal to act, one way or another, is to be compared to a white supremacist. It should separate the folks acting in good faith from the folks just acting for group acceptance.

I don't think the technique he used will be effective, and I don't think white liberals act because they're being compared to a racist cac extremist. I don't think white guilt is an effective animator of mass anti-racist action, which is what is needed. I think that only an organized, multiracial working class base can push forward mass anti-racist action. Cacs aren't going to do that out of guilt.

These instances and truths should be more of a wakeup call for us than any sort of expectation that cacs will change course en masse.

Uncle Hotep

Banned
Supporter
Daps
c00n

fukk your Jedi Mind Tracks Cac :pacspit:

Never the less, I'm sure his concerns of liberal racism is real and prevalent but I hate how in his writing he doesn't feel the need to condemn the white supremacy from the likes of Richard Spencer just because he doesn't encounter his racism on a daily basis.

Like sure it isn't Richard Spencer "calling the cops" on you, I haven't had Richard Spencer call the cops on me either, but it is Richard Spencer touting whites as being superior to other races and calling for a "peaceful ethnic cleansing" to halt the "deconstruction" of European culture.

Which is why some people think he's a :mjpls: in hiding.

"but it is Richard Spencer touting whites as being superior to other races" why does it matter what he thinks? You dont think you as a black man are superior to others? I certainly do. Every race should feel they are superior..shouldnt they? :yeshrug:

"and calling for a "peaceful ethnic cleansing" to halt the "deconstruction" of European culture." Again why wouldnt Europeans want to preserve their culture? This is what kills me about us...so worried about the white man and not worried about ourselves...yall want the white man to love yall. Let pharaoh go fam.:what:

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
He lives in the Appalachian mountains, in a fukking mining and former railroad town/city. The fukk did he expect?

:stopitslime:

Trying to segment racists based on how they vote is just a fools task. :mjlol: