black folks reactions to Black Panther have been pathetic

levitate

I love you, you know.
Daps
Reppin
The Multiverse
The point is, if we can come together for this bullshyt then why can't we come together for anything important?
:ehh:
We have and we can...Civil Rights movement, bloc-voting...

What specifically would you like us to "come together" on, and what are you doing to make it happen?

Kyle Barker

Superstar
Daps
Some Black folks' reactions to this movie is a bit over-the-top, but there's also a lot of racists out here who are salty over this:

There's some fanatics out here just like with a lot of other movies, but I ain't gonna focus on them. Most of us are enjoying the movie for what it is.

Last edited:

dc_minded_2020

Superstar
Daps
I don't agree. Why can't black people just enjoy things like every other group gets to do without being analyzed to hell and back? "Crazy Rich Asians' is going to come out in theaters sometime this year or next year and Asians are pumped; legit all the Asians I know are talking about going to support it in theaters simply because the focus is Asians (who cares if majority of the leads are hapas) - no one is caring that the cast is Taiwanese or Korean or Japanese or Thai...they just want to see Asians on screen being shown in a way other than nerdy lames who play with computers and get their girls snatched by white men on film. The point is representation.

How do you take our culture and export it around the world but we don't get any representation in it? Even if we aren't making the most profit off the film, blacks are still profiting....you'd be surprised what imagery can do - some black children are going to be inspired by seeing black people lead their own society and work towards change. Hell, we might get more black people trying to produce films and direct films and more black casting agencies and set designers, customer designers...a lot can happen. No one is saying life is going to change because this movie comes out, but it's good representation for us as blacks. For a long time we've been shown to the world as everything that's wrong with it. People hate to see black people succeeding and they complain when we do...this is an opportunity to succeed and not gaf....ok, white people are profiting? so, fukking what? we live in a world literally designed for them to profit no matter what happens so spending even an iota of time worrying about that is idiotic...better believe even with a black owned business there is a white person profiting somewhere in the background. That's how the world is set up now, all we can do is carve out little victories until we get enough to start waging war.

Basically.

shadowking

All Star
Daps
The point is, if we can come together for this bullshyt then why can't we come together for anything important?

Sooo what have you ever done for your people ?
It's a movie dummy albeit with smart marketing but still a movie.

No one frets when thousands of folks around the country dress up for star wars and Harry potter but you're whining because some black folks decide to dress up for black panther.

jackson35

Banned
Daps
it's cool that there is a movie about a black superhero and I'm going to see it tomorrow, but it's just a fukking comic book movie. I'll seen people talking about they had never see that much black excellence on the screens and they are going to name their son t'challa. That shyt shows an inferiority complex and reeks of craving white acceptance "omg Disney is making a movie about black ppl we have made it yaaaaas"

we are in a system of white supremacy and this movie will not make a drop in the bucket of change. we act like abused children politically. if i want to see a black hero I can look on the fukking mirror
why is this any different when black people wait for a new Michael Jackson album, terry McMillan book. or a new clothing line. we have very few moment in culture where we are spotlighted. all of this stem from cultural hunger

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps

:manny:What you consider important to you may not matter to other black folks.