Black Girls Code Turned Down $125,000 From Uber, Sees The Move As PR Stunt

im_sleep

Superstar
Daps
It really rubs me the wrong way, because it seems like by having black boys and girls separate organizations, it plays up the stereotypical, though not very accurate, black male vs black female gender antagonism in America. Adopting the [white] feminism narrative as our own. When in reality, black men really aren't doing so much better (I'd say worse actually) than black women.

Of course I'll still donate to both, but I'm just saying.
Trust me I feel you all the way, I had those same initial concerns as well. However I do believe their intentions are good, plus I'm sure both organizations would work hand and hand with each other, so I don't see the seperation being that huge an issue. At least I hope it wouldn't be.

I donate now on the regular, but if my plans work out the way I'd like in the next couple years, this is an organization I would gladly volunteer my time to, so I've been keeping an eye out on how they move and I haven't seen anything negative so far.
:ehh:

Shorty K

Banned
Supporter
Daps
But it's their choice to make. I can respect it. If they have more peace of mind not taking the money, then they shouldn't take it.
I mean if you wanna not take 100k for your organization because your feelings were hurt you can say alot of things about it, but you definitely can't say that's a smart move:yeshrug:

TRAP AMERICAN TV

TRAP GOLD
Daps
As someone who works in tech, I really don't understand Black Girls Code. I'm not going to say they aren't doing great things, but there is barely any black men in tech. African-Americans as a whole are literally only 1% at Google. It just seems so pointless to subdivide when blacks as a whole are so dramatically underrepresented. We need a strong community of black male and female professionals.

Unless of course they also train black boys, in which case ignore my comment.
Black Boys Code – Show the world you can :sas1:

Home

King of Creampies

Hop in. You coming too!
Daps
Reppin
Wild Hunt
As someone who works in tech, I really don't understand Black Girls Code. I'm not going to say they aren't doing great things, but there is barely any black men in tech. African-Americans as a whole are literally only 1% at Google. It just seems so pointless to subdivide when blacks as a whole are so dramatically underrepresented. We need a strong community of black male and female professionals.

I made a good thread on that in TLR!:russ:

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent

BushidoBrown

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
salute to her for seeing thru the bullshyt and refusing to be bought and used as a pawn:salute:

125k is all these pussies could muster up? :hhh:
Thats disrespectful, they aint even try to fake it with that weak ass offer

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps

That's what I'm saying. Why isn't it "Black kids code". Diversity seems to be everyone but black men.

Anyhow, I might have to spend some time teaching a few people who want to learn coding some of the things I know

NoChillJones

Banned
Daps

Then put ya money where ya hate is breh..