Black men who have facial hair: what is with the thin stache?

Ruck

Where the hell is Diamond?!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Last Frontier
why do a lot of black men trim their mustaches so thin? that shyt looks ridiculous on any man regardless of race, but u brothas are still doing that shyt :francis:

whats even worst is the thin goatee :scust:

didnt want to put on tlr cuz fukk tlr:pacspit:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Has only popped up when researching mating preferences.
It's a very interesting field of study. I was heavy into it as an undergrad (even thought about going that way with my graduate studies). It's eye opening. It's also depressing, but that's how I like shyt :manny:

Ruck

Where the hell is Diamond?!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Last Frontier
Women see thin moustaches and know they're looking at a nikka who will help pay the cable bill or put something towards the rent if she humors him with a few selfies and phone convos.
cant say i blame those women.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
It's a very interesting field of study. I was heavy into it as an undergrad (even thought about going that way with my graduate studies). It's eye opening. It's also depressing, but that's how I like shyt :manny:
It is depressing. Women are ruthless when it comes to selection.

As far as this thread is concerned @Ruck86 this falls under short term sexual selection for a woman. You think guys are thinning their mustaches, keeping a tight fade and wear expensive designer clothes to look nice in the mirror? It's all to be in the best position to attract the most physically attractive woman (or man) they can get. If it doesn't currently work they will go to another style that has shown to be more successful in recent times.

In fact I don't remember what era this was in, but there was a time in where women were actively trying to gain more weight because they felt like it would help them attract better men. I believe I read that in a history book many years ago.