Black men who have facial hair: what is with the thin stache?

Daps
Reppin
Catch me in the safari zone
obama-pimp-mustache.jpg

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
I like astronomy too. I sometimes put myself in a trance and take my mind out of my body and envision going up and up and up in the sky, until the universe is but a speck (if that makes sense).

I'm also into theoretical astrophysics and try to view things in the 5th dimension. It's so hard, but I've done it a few times (it actually inspired a book I'm working on about absolute infinity [too long to discuss here, plus I don't want anybody to steal the idea]).

I'm also into theoretical math, like Cantor's set theory (Set theory - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia). If you take that up, to what I think is the logical point, you'll be :mindblown:

I know the world is infinite and nothing matters and it has really fukked with my world view. It make me a nihilist is some sense. I just can't get past the fact that nothing we do, or live, or anything, matters. It permeates my worldview and mental state unfortunately. I almost feel like I learned too much and can never get back to being "normal." Music and gaming bring me back to this life though. They temporarily let me enjoy something (which is sometimes extremely hard).
I felt like this for a long time, but took a different spin on things in the past 2-3 years. Why not try to do something good in regards to helping people live their lives? It can be small changes via a message. It might even be something you already do...in a different setting (teaching).

Now I know what your counter is going to be:
What does this mean in the grand scale of things if almost everything is pointless?

If you look at it that way we will never get anywhere. While these things might seem to be insignificant contributions in the big picture it might help put you in a position in where you can make people's lives a little easier to live. Think of the depressed, the physically disabled, the ones who were abandoned...wouldn't it make a world of difference if your knowledge was used positively to enrich the individual lives of others? I have been down this road of epistemological nihilism before and still question everything today. One of the few things we can look at is how people react to certain conditions. Being able to possibly bend the mind of a few thousand to react differently alone is very exciting to me.

This is probably not the right thread for this back and forth, but you started it :manny:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I felt like this for a long time, but took a different spin on things in the past 2-3 years. Why not try to do something good in regards to helping people live their lives? It can be small changes via a message. It might even be something you already do...in a different setting (teaching).

Now I know what your counter is going to be:
What does this mean in the grand scale of things if almost everything is pointless?

If you look at it that way we will never get anywhere. While these things might seem to be insignificant contributions in the big picture it might help put you in a position in where you can make people's lives a little easier to live. Think of the depressed, the physically disabled, the ones who were abandoned...wouldn't it make a world of difference if your knowledge was used positively to enrich the individual lives of others? I have been down this road of Epistemological nihilism before and still question everything today. One of the few things we can look at is how people react to certain conditions. Being able to possibly bend the mind of a few thousand to react differently alone is very exciting to me.

This is probably not the right thread for this back and forth, but you started it :manny:
Yeah, I've always wanted to help out suffering and abused kids and the suicidal (I have experience with both). I've thought about volunteering at the suicide hotline. Maybe I should do that :jbhmm:

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Yeah, I've always wanted to help out suffering and abused kids and the suicidal (I have experience with both). I've thought about volunteering at the suicide hotline. Maybe I should do that :jbhmm:
The potential smile/laugh over the phone or in person is often the most rewarding compensation to go along with a cash bonus for your work. I am not sure how materialistic you are outside of tech, but I think you might agree.

Krazy

Rifle weh taller dan palm tree
Daps
Reppin
Judgement Yard
My barber does it automatically, he be cutting it a little too low though same with my chin hair.

What stache should I be getting:jbhmm:

Heafcliffe

Hope there's puddin' in the clink...
Daps
Reppin
Districto de Columbia
Had a thin stache in my 20s when I had a big ass bush.

Now, in my 30s, I rock a The Whispers full stache.....................with a baldie.

Fani Willis fan

Man What
Daps
and only middle age men tryna regain youth should be bare face,
if you bare face in your 20's then i dont trust you

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
The potential smile/laugh over the phone or in person is often the most rewarding compensation to go along with a cash bonus for your work. I am not sure how materialistic you are outside of tech, but I think you might agree.
I'm only materialistic with tech. The rest of my life (car, clothes, apartment, etc.) is very modest.

But yeah, you might be right. :ehh: