Black on Both Hires - Official 2024 Atlanta Falcons Thread

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Based on where other players were graded it was a reach. Orhorohoro has all of the physical tools but he’s a project at this stage of his very young career, he’s only been playing football for like 5 years
Again graded relative to 3-4 scheme?

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
Based on where other players were graded it was a reach. Orhorohoro has all of the physical tools but he’s a project at this stage of his very young career, he’s only been playing football for like 5 years
He is a reach. He fits what they in terms of an Onyemata replacement in a couple of years but he's raw. Clear reach

Sly Cookin

based
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
This team was not a QB away last year, stop it

The Minnesota loss
The Arizona loss
The Washington loss
The Titans loss

Those losses werent on the QB. Those were games the defense blew because nobody could make a stop. The Falcons as an organization were 7-10, yes better QB play would’ve helped throughout the season but the defense was awful late in the season
If we had a competent QB we would've never been in those situations.

Look at how much we scored in those games. Don't leave out the point total if you gonna blame the defense.

You aren't trying to say rookie defender is the difference in those losses, right? :jbhmm:

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Let the whole world know i rep Zone 4
If we had a competent QB we would've never been in those situations.

Look at how much we scored in those games. Don't leave out the point total if you gonna blame the defense.

You aren't trying to say rookie defender is the difference in those losses, right? :jbhmm:

:mjlol: at this circular logic. The defense wasn’t good in the back half of the season or is that also the QBs fault?

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I don't see the issue with investing in our trenches. Raheem just came from a team where he had Aaron Donald. He knows the importance of a disruptive interior.

He also saw what happens when your QB goes down. Zac Robinson knows the importance.

This team was a QB away from the playoffs last year. We don't have nearly as many holes as some of y'all saying.

No holes offensively. Wr#2 not as important with pitts. CB #2 will be a vet or Clark Phillips who was solid.

Dallas Turner and latu would have been cool, but they aren't game changers imo.

You can never have enough QBs. I’d rather have Penix as insurance than whatever the fukk we had last season with Hieneke

Roger king

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
I dont want to get racial on this but this has some racial animus towards this convo, its how dare falcons draft that black qb and have the audacity not to give an injury prone qb in kirk cousins who has never won anything a silver platter and a cake walk to the starting qb job with 100 percent security, its the sheer arrogance , how dare a white qb be blindsided like other teams do players every single free draft and free agency

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I dont want to get racial on this but this has some racial animus towards this convo, its how dare falcons draft that black qb and have the audacity not to give an injury prone qb in kirk cousins who has never won anything a silver platter and a cake walk to the starting qb job with 100 percent security, its the sheer arrogance , how dare a white qb be blindsided like other teams do players every single free draft and free agency

:skip:
This is Atlanta breh. I don’t think him being black has anything to do with it

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Let the whole world know i rep Zone 4
Respectfully you cant discount relative to scheme in this situation

Respectfully he wasn’t as highly a rated player of other players who were available at that time in the draft ie Texas defensive tackle T’Vondre Sweat (6.38, plus starter) and Illinois defensive tackle Jer’Zhan “Johnny” Newton (6.36, plus starter). Orhorhoro was listed as a 6.25 (average starter in the league).

I think you’re making too much of scheme but to each his own

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
:skip:
This is Atlanta breh. I don’t think him being black has anything to do with it
To be frank, this might be one of those where it's those who like Penix v. those who just think he's talented. I've seen whites very high on this and some blacks, very down it on.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
Respectfully he wasn’t as highly a rated player of other players who were available at that time in the draft ie Texas defensive tackle T’Vondre Sweat (6.38, plus starter) and Illinois defensive tackle Jer’Zhan “Johnny” Newton (6.36, plus starter). Orhorhoro was listed as a 6.25 (average starter in the league).

This ain't Madden, these coaches have a scheme and they have a style they play. At the end of the day, they reached on Ruke but if he's better than both in year 2 and moving forward, they made the right choice.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps

Kind of proving my point Sweat is north of 350 so a true Nose with no flexibility to other positions. Newton by report didn’t have the flexibility to slide to DE. Three very different players