Black on Both Hires - Official 2024 Atlanta Falcons Thread

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
GMOXxd6W4AABRPG

broller

Veteran
Daps
Kirk is 38 years old & coming off an injury himself.

I’d rather have penix as a backup plan than trubiski or some other non impactful QB.

Jordan Love didn’t get any real burn till he was 24/25 & we see how that turned out. Idk why folks are bringing up his age like he’s sitting behind a young QB.

Kirk is 35 going on 36

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
So a team in win now mode went for depth as opposed to front line starters? Got it

I pray that you and and everyone championing the Penix move and the other picks are right and that I’m wrong but from my view this was one of the worst drafts of the past 15 years for the Falcons
They went for the overhaul towards the new front. Let’s be reality.

Professor K.

rap game Paul Millsap
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
So a team in win now mode went for depth as opposed to front line starters? Got it

I pray that you and and everyone championing the Penix move and the other picks are right and that I’m wrong but from my view this was one of the worst drafts of the past 15 years for the Falcons
nikka what frontline starter did you want in the 4th fukkin round? :gucci:

I seriously want you to go through here and tell me who we were supposed to pick at any of these spots that would be "win now frontline starters" this season. I don't even have to agree with you, I just wanna know specifically who you would rather us have drafted.

If you can't tell us who you think would've been better players for us at every pick, not just 8, then quit cappin breh

Sly Cookin

based
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I don't see the issue with investing in our trenches. Raheem just came from a team where he had Aaron Donald. He knows the importance of a disruptive interior.

He also saw what happens when your QB goes down. Zac Robinson knows the importance.

This team was a QB away from the playoffs last year. We don't have nearly as many holes as some of y'all saying.

No holes offensively. Wr#2 not as important with pitts. CB #2 will be a vet or Clark Phillips who was solid.

Dallas Turner and latu would have been cool, but they aren't game changers imo.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
I don't see the issue with investing in our trenches. Raheem just came from a team where he had Aaron Donald. He knows the importance of a disruptive interior.

He also saw what happens when your QB goes down. Zac Robinson knows the importance.

This team was a QB away from the playoffs last year. We don't have nearly as many holes as some of y'all saying.

No holes offensively. Wr#2 not as important with pitts. CB #2 will be a vet or Clark Phillips who was solid.

It’s rare that any team switches 4-3 to 3-4 and then doesn’t have to invest in DL for that scheme .

BlackMajik

Behind Enemy Lines
Daps
Reppin
DSGB(Down South Georgia Boy)
I can't wait to see these mofos eat their words. It's gonna be glorious :russ:

-Again we won 7 games with essentially no QB play.
-We lost like 5 games by 7 points or less
-Built up the D-Line and got younger which was much needed
-Having a good pass rush automatically improves the secondary
-Got a young WR that I can guarantee you they are trying to make into the next Puka Nacua

Reasons why drafting Penix is great!!!
-----------------------------------------
1. You a damn fool if u think an Achilles injury is just something everybody can bounce back from. No QB = No chance

2. If it turns out Cousins is cooked cuz of his Achilles we're good

3. If Cousins does have a good season then the Falcons ain't picking in the top 15 and we're gonna be losing draft picks next year so we wouldn't be in a position to get his successor

4. Penix is the best pure passer in the draft:banderas:

Last edited:

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Let the whole world know i rep Zone 4
They went for the overhaul towards the new front. Let’s be reality.

So why not prioritize that with the 8th pick in the draft? Why trade up to reach for a player (Orhorhoro) when you need more depth along the defense with better quality interior lineman who were available?

AVXL

Daps
Reppin

This team was not a QB away last year, stop it

The Minnesota loss
The Arizona loss
The Washington loss
The Titans loss

Those losses werent on the QB. Those were games the defense blew because nobody could make a stop. The Falcons as an organization were 7-10, yes better QB play would’ve helped throughout the season but the defense was awful late in the season

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
So why not prioritize that with the 8th pick in the draft? Why trade up to reach for a player (Orhorhoro) when you need more depth along the defense with better quality interior lineman who were available?
It’s two different issues

People beef with PenX at 8 is :hubie:

Reach is relative on the DLs name who I’m not going to spell. Is he a reach relative to scheme? Possibly not. I doubt anyone has looked at it that deeply.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
This team was not a QB away last year, stop it

The Minnesota loss
The Arizona loss
The Washington loss
The Titans loss

Those losses werent on the QB. Those were games the defense blew because nobody could make a stop. The Falcons as an organization were 7-10, yes better QB play would’ve helped throughout the season but the defense was awful late in the season
From winning the NFC South. We were definitely a QB away.

AVXL

Daps
Reppin
It’s two different issues

People beef with PenX at 8 is :hubie:

Reach is relative on the DLs name who I’m not going to spell. Is he a reach relative to scheme? Possibly not. I doubt anyone has looked at it that deeply.

Based on where other players were graded it was a reach. Orhorohoro has all of the physical tools but he’s a project at this stage of his very young career, he’s only been playing football for like 5 years