Black on Both Hires - Official 2024 Atlanta Falcons Thread

BlackMajik

Behind Enemy Lines
Daps
Reppin
DSGB(Down South Georgia Boy)
Hopefully for Atlanta's sake he just mentally checked out in Chicago and is better than what he showed, but dude dropped a lot of passes. He also does not catch contested passes.

Now dude was always open, but they stopped throwing it to him probably because he does not catch it.

All I can say is we'll see :yeshrug:

Professor K.

rap game Paul Millsap
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
Another DT :mjlol:

Go ahead and spin it @Professor K. & @BlackMajik

No CBs, no WRs, please help me make sense of this draft so far
You never let up, do you breh? :pachaha:

Grady and Onyemata are both on the wrong side of 30 and these 2 are their replacements. They can both play pretty much every spot up and down the line except Nose and wide-9 DE. We are no less than 5 deep with young, talented pass rushers now and you still mad dawg :mjlol:

If you wanna hate on a pick, hate on the cac LB that has every :mjpls: cliche under the sun on his scouting report:russ:

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
8: QB Michael Penix Jr., Washington - A+. Perfect situation to land for Penix.
Scheme fit potential - Check
Quality Vet Mentor - Check
NFL Ready Quality - Check
Offensive Personnel Quality - Elite

He landed in a dream situation. Atlanta also has the flexibility to wait till when he's ready which should be next year. I am expecting him to be a top 5 QB in 2025. Perfect landing. The biggest issue guys run into in year 2 is they now have to adjust to now running the real scheme fully and teams knowing their strengths and weaknesses. That's impossible to do when you have a full year of development plus sitting behind someone who's done it at a top 10-15 level in this league and does it the right way.

35: DT Ruke Orhorhoro, Clemson - B. Great situation again. Compares with Oynemata's talent and potential but is raw. Development will be needed.

74: EDGE Bralen Trice, Washington - B+. Proven production. Fits a clear role as a backup EDGE and is NFL ready for the most part. Upside isn't much but in this scheme, we need productivity.

109: DT Brandon Dorlus, Oregon - A-. Like Trice, proven production but he has more talent and reminds me of Grady Jarrett. He does have work to do on move-set but his ability is obvious.

143: LB JD Betrand, Notre Dame - A. While I am not expecting an every-down starter in year 1, he should get plenty of reps and is special on special teams. He's someone who will eventually end up as a captain and he's what you call, a Freddie Freeman. A natural leader and an extension of the coach with whom establishes a culture. He's someone that will in 4 years, be using our history as Gritz Blitz as a model of what we are and our culture. He's just one of those ones. Probably my 3rd favorite pick in this draft.

186: RB Jase McClellan, Alabama - B+. The worst RB1 in the last 10 seasons at Bama but he's not bad. He's a quality runner. But he's not a good pass protection. Not a good receiver out the backfield, he's can catch and make plays but his route tree was limited. He is a clear ZBS RB and there is legit upside as a pro for him with his hands and his RB vision. For RB3, I can't say much bad. Just that, you can find UDFAs who can give you quality as a ZBS back. The Falcons must have seen some star in him to take him in the 6th.

187: WR Casey Washington, Illinois - A+. For our scheme and the open role that we do not have filled is the Z. Mooney is expected to play it but he's not that good at it. He should be an F to me and Moore is also in the running for F but both finished PFF in the 50s for overall grade. Washington has a similar skill set to Puka Nauca and T.J. Houshmandzadeh. In this scheme with Cousins, I expect him to get a lot of catches. This is the right scheme for him. I also expect Mooney to be much better with us as Fields wasn't a timing QB as Cousins is.

197: DT Zion Logue, Georgia, - C+. While I see the rotational value. I don't see it with Logue. He's a run stuffer. That's what he is and maybe that's his overall use is just for that singular role. While I get it, I don't love it. Even in the late rounds.

Overall - A grade. Penix Jr., Washington, and Betrand were my favorites and should have short and long-term value. Overall, excellent draft. Makes sense for the most part to me.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
Hopefully for Atlanta's sake he just mentally checked out in Chicago and is better than what he showed, but dude dropped a lot of passes. He also does not catch contested passes.

Now dude was always open, but they stopped throwing it to him probably because he does not catch it.

I watched a lot of Mooney and thought he was mid. Then again, I watched Moore and felt the same way. Whereas, I like Washington who we drafted. Maybe Mooney is better with a timing-based QB but he's not without flaws.

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I watched a lot of Mooney and thought he was mid. Then again, I watched Moore and felt the same way. Whereas, I like Washington who we drafted. Maybe Mooney is better with a timing-based QB but he's not without flaws.
His first couple of seasons Mooney was fine. But it looked like he mentally checked out at some point. Some of that was probably due to Fields being erratic. Some of that was probably due the offensive coordinator Getsy being clueless. At the end of the day though Mooney still needed to be better. He is fast though so maybe he, Fields and Getsy can all be better at their new stops.

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I wouldn't trip over the Penix pick I think he's gonna be very good
Yes, it's awkward after just signing Kirk but we just went through a season where like 90 shytty backup QBs started so there's no such thing as having too deep of a QB room

Thick_Necc_Jenkins

TheColi's Favorite Artist
Daps
Reppin
Port City Louisiana Cooper Road
I wouldn't trip over the Penix pick I think he's gonna be very good
Yes, it's awkward after just signing Kirk but we just went through a season where like 90 shytty backup QBs started so there's no such thing as having too deep of a QB room
His name is Big Penix and yall don't deserve him...:damn:

Yall failures gonna rub off on him

Nostalgic

Superstar
Daps
I hate Clemson players.They be weird and soft.
mnrYhDD.jpeg

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Let the whole world know i rep Zone 4
You never let up, do you breh? :pachaha:

Grady and Onyemata are both on the wrong side of 30 and these 2 are their replacements. They can both play pretty much every spot up and down the line except Nose and wide-9 DE. We are no less than 5 deep with young, talented pass rushers now and you still mad dawg :mjlol:

If you wanna hate on a pick, hate on the cac LB that has every :mjpls: cliche under the sun on his scouting report:russ:

So a team in win now mode went for depth as opposed to front line starters? Got it

I pray that you and and everyone championing the Penix move and the other picks are right and that I’m wrong but from my view this was one of the worst drafts of the past 15 years for the Falcons