Black Panther is not a symbol of pro-blackness

Benjamin Sisko

Still that resident truth-bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
I don’t know why I see tons of Facebook profile pictures of the cinanamatic black panther helmet with the red green and black filter like it’s some black owned and black controlled property. I mean damn nikka y’all rocking that as a testament to black excellence but not a black hand was involved in its creation nor the movie is made by black executive producers (Fiege).

Yeah I get he’s a strong, respectful, and intelligent black comic book character but that’s where it should end. He should not be looked at as a symbol of pro-blackness since we don’t own or control the property.

Last edited:

Izanami

Superstar
Daps
dangelo-barksdale.gif

Benjamin Sisko

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
Milestone comics has a bunch of black created owned and managed black superhereos.
The lame ass "activists" don't even praise it or McDuffie and crew, nah they rather beg for a black james bond, a black spiderman or some other bullshyt.
Exactly, Dwayne McDuffie’s creations doesn’t get half the praise as Black Panther. Static Shock should have his own movie by now but that’s because Warner Bros aren’t pushing DC properties if they aren’t affiliated with the justice league or Shazam

Y2Dre

Melanated God
Supporter
Daps
Can y'all let Black people enjoy anything god damn.

We out here dying and broke--allow people to have some refuge from the shyt.

If a Black Panther display picture makes someone feel pride in their race then so be it.

Doesn't affect me in any way.

Benjamin Sisko

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO

If a Black Panther display picture makes someone feel pride in their race then so be it.

yeah that’s all fine and dandy to have a representative of the race kicking ass in a comic book but to define him as a symbol of pro-blackness is absurd.

CobaltBlue

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Ful Co.

I hear ya breh.. but honestly that's weak. fukk image and symbolism.. don't knock real brehs who want tangible gains and not more of the same.

NoGutsNoGLory

Superstar
Daps
Mfs love entertainment & symbolism....nikkas out here thinking lectures & documentaries are progress or liberating :manny:it is what is tho...

I'm waiting on the "RarbgDrop" as always :mjgrin:
I don't particularly care about this topic but this has to stop. We need to strive for tangible results rather than empty pointless things. I'd be more proud of us and the NFL players for example if we boycott the organization rather than doing symbolic shyt like kneeling or wutever.