Black Panther is not a symbol of pro-blackness

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
How is he better than Icon?
That you reduce Shock, to a kid from the hood getting super powers, but you don't reduce Black Panther to a white created Gary Stu tells me instantly that you inately view black creations as inferior to white stories.
LIke I said before, just go look up a bit of the heroes Milestone created Hardware and Icon in particular. appreciate what they have given us, and support them if the characters resonate with you.
This is funny because guess who the creator of Milestone's favorite character is...

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
So don
I don’t know why I see tons of Facebook profile pictures of the cinanamatic black panther helmet with the red green and black filter like it’s some black owned and black controlled property. I mean damn nikka y’all rocking that as a testament to black excellence but not a black hand was involved in its creation nor the movie is made by black executive producers (Fiege).

Yeah I get he’s a strong, respectful, and intelligent black comic book character but that’s where it should end. He should not be looked at as a symbol of pro-blackness since we don’t own or control the property.
Are athletes examples of pro blackness?

Black Nate Grey

The God Emperor of Mankind
Daps
How is he better than Icon?
That you reduce Shock, to a kid from the hood getting super powers, but you don't reduce Black Panther to a white created Gary Stu tells me instantly that you inately view black creations as inferior to white stories.
LIke I said before, just go look up a bit of the heroes Milestone created Hardware and Icon in particular. appreciate what they have given us, and support them if the characters resonate with you.
Icon is dope, he just doesn't have enough interest to get writers to write consistently good stories from.

That you reached that conclusion tells me that you innately have levels of reaching Reed Richards would be envious of.
I wasn't speaking specifically about Static Shock but more about the archetype of 'black person from hood/trouble with law gets superpowers', it's cliche to me.

I don't much care that a white person created Black Panther or Miles Morales, If I like a character then I like a character. Thanos and Silver Surfer are my two favorite characters and they were both made by white guys. Black Panther routinely tells white people/aliens/gods to go fukk themselves. He is the defiance of white 'supremacy' given form.
Now in terms of writing stories about those characters are black writers better able to write stories that relate to me? Absolutely. But these are superheroes not bibliographies.

Also Blue Marvel (who I said I prefer to Black Panther) was created by a black man.
Blue Marvel is cool, standard Superman powerset along with antimatter and molecular manipulation and a super genius intellect make for a great character.
Superheroes are escapism to me. If I had to choose between having powers like Static Shock or Blue Marvel, I'm choosing Blue Marvel. Part of that factors into why I might like a character, their power set.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Icon is dope, he just doesn't have enough interest to get writers to write consistently good stories from.

That you reached that conclusion tells me that you innately have levels of reaching Reed Richards would be envious of.
I wasn't speaking specifically about Static Shock but more about the archetype of 'black person from hood/trouble with law gets superpowers', it's cliche to me.

I don't much care that a white person created Black Panther or Miles Morales, If I like a character then I like a character. Thanos and Silver Surfer are my two favorite characters and they were both made by white guys. Black Panther routinely tells white people/aliens/gods to go fukk themselves. He is the defiance of white 'supremacy' given form.
Now in terms of writing stories about those characters are black writers better able to write stories that relate to me? Absolutely. But these are superheroes not bibliographies.

Also Blue Marvel (who I said I prefer to Black Panther) was created by a black man.
Blue Marvel is cool, standard Superman powerset along with antimatter and molecular manipulation and a super genius intellect make for a great character.
Superheroes are escapism to me. If I had to choose between having powers like Static Shock or Blue Marvel, I'm choosing Blue Marvel. Part of that factors into why I might like a character, their power set.

Hey I only go off what I read, the way you were utterly dismissive of the Static story as hood boy gets super powers, but never described any of the traditional stories as angry black man gets super power or gary stu gets noticed, speaks volumes to me.

If it just came off that way, sorry.

I have no problem with Blue marvel as a character, again though, its sad to me that the so called black "activists" ignore black created characters, they ignore very good characters and stories, and only seem to want acceptance or inclusion or takeovers of white properties, not to celebrate great properties that are black created. That is my only issue.

Thingsfallapart

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How is people being excited about a movie stopping any of y'all from going out and making positive moves in the black community?

Better yet, how is policing the enjoyment of other black people helping in any way?

One of the reason shyt doesn't get done is because nikkas are too busy worrying about what other nikkas are doing.

Concerning VIolence

Decolonizer
Daps
Reppin
the belly of the empire
I agree. It's fine if people are excited to see Black heroes on the screen, but some people that I've seen on social media are acting like this is some Black landmark. The millions of dollars that this movie will make is going to Disney. I'll get excited when a Black-owned company puts out a superhero movie.
The profits off this movie is going to help the careers of all the black people involved and maybe a black-owned company or black-owned idea will emerge from somone.

Daps
Exactly, Dwayne McDuffie’s creations doesn’t get half the praise as Black Panther. Static Shock should have his own movie by now but that’s because Warner Bros aren’t pushing DC properties if they aren’t affiliated with the justice league or Shazam
Na, it's because black panther is a better written story and an overall better character than static shock. Spawn, Photon, Spiderman and blue marvel are the only legit characters up there with bp.