'Black Panther' To Hit 250 Theaters For Free In Celebration Of Black History Month

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
...because African garments aren't suppose to be a costume
being proud of African ancestry shouldn't be due to a fictional hero that wears a special outfit

The movie sparked interest in African culture.. Thats always a plus..

Its good for the kids at least.. Maybe it'll put them on the road to wanting to learn more about the continent..

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
If the comic book had a white guy, then sure....I don't want a Black superman or a transgender spiderman
Create new characters, but these greedy and lazy fawks won't cause it'll be too risky to introduce a new superhero with a non-traditional lifestyle

Make a movie about Isaiah Bradley
I guess you didn't like the movie Black Panther?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
No, the movie does. It's a first for Hollywood to create a major blockbuster film with a black comic book hero.
Hollywood being Hollywood will create white dude super hero movies, white female super hero movies, and gay white male super hero movies... before they create a straight black male super hero movie. It was like pulling teeth.

And don't include Handi-man and Leonard Part 6 into the conversation.

That's not black history, besides, Supafly did it first

Black Panther

Long Live The King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
If the comic book had a white guy, then sure....I don't want a Black superman or a transgender spiderman
Create new characters, but these greedy and lazy fawks won't cause it'll be too risky to introduce a new superhero with a non-traditional lifestyle

Make a movie about Isaiah Bradley

nikka are you aware of who "Isaiah Bradley" is, as a fictional character? :bpgucci:

"I don't want a Black Superman, but they need to make a movie about the Black Captain America" :infocrazy:

:mjlolhairfade:

Daps
Reppin
WestMidWest
The movie sparked interest in African culture.. Thats always a plus..
Its good for the kids at least.. Maybe it'll put them on the road to wanting to learn more about the continent..
I agree, anything that will spark curiosity into African culture is a plus, but where's the transition into other realistic aspect
At this pace, the already halfazz efforts by schools to celebrate Black History will resort to reenacting scenes from Black Panther

I guess you didn't like the movie Black Panther?
it was good.

Daps
Reppin
WestMidWest
nikka are you aware of who "Isaiah Bradley" is, as a fictional character? :bpgucci:

"I don't want a Black Superman, but they need to make a movie about the Black Captain America" :infocrazy:

:mjlolhairfade:
nah. Mr. Bradley was the original Captain America that happened to be Black

Black Panther

Long Live The King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
nah. Mr. Bradley was the original Captain America that happened to be Black

Isaiah Bradley wasn't created until 2003, in the book "Truth: Red, White & Black". :gucci:

You are asking for the same thing as a person wanting a Black Superman. (And yes, there is a Black Superman in the comics. Several, in fact.) :gucci:

Val-Zod, Superman of Earth-2:

6760731-3fb2749b73740ea44f2e1307bf943821.jpg

Calvin Ellis, Superman (and POTUS) of Earth-23

latest

IVS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
In the sky
LMFAO! Ol goofy azz nukkas...the movie dont even celebrate black people really. Its a fuxing hardcore diss highkey. Im not celebrating this bullshyt.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
WestMidWest
Isaiah Bradley wasn't created until 2003, in the book "Truth: Red, White & Black". :gucci:

You are asking for the same thing as a person wanting a Black Superman. (And yes, there is a Black Superman in the comics. Several, in fact.) :gucci:
where's the transgender superhero? my point is to not remake already established heros for identity pandering....the reason I view Mr. Bradly as Captain America that happen to be Black is because the story line doesn't take away from Steve Rogers or is a replacement. Both story lines could co-exist, overlap and intertwine

The reason I said he's the first Captain America is because I like to believe that Dr. Erskine was already experimenting on Black folks during that period to perfect the serum before Steve Rogers

George's Dilemma

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I've seen for decades, people dressing up for star wars movie release.. Its cool..

Black people get in the same spirit.. Its a problem..

Why is that?

It's corny to me one way or the other regardless of race or gender. When Wonder Woman dropped and I saw grown women dressing up and crying real tears of happiness, I never saw anything so pathetic in my life. Then Black Panther came out and I had to witness Black adults acting like children as well. This comic book culture is one of the most pathetic things to happen in recent years.

75 Others

Stop it Skeeeyyyuuup
Daps
No, the movie does. It's a first for Hollywood to create a major blockbuster film with a black comic book hero.
Hollywood being Hollywood will create white dude super hero movies, white female super hero movies, and gay white male super hero movies... before they create a straight black male super hero movie. It was like pulling teeth.

And don't include Handi-man and Leonard Part 6 into the conversation.

Blade and Spawn were piff my dude :demonic: