'Black Panther' To Hit 250 Theaters For Free In Celebration Of Black History Month

Daps
I've seen for decades, people dressing up for star wars movie release.. Its cool..

Black people get in the same spirit.. Its a problem..

Why is that?

From my understanding of an old friend of mines, he'd get upset basically because niccas wasnt paying attention until the movie, and they referred to the motherland as wakanda. He personally hated this shyt because it was made by white people and all the proceeds went to them (besides the actors obviously).

I just find it funny that they are only giving 1,500,000 out of all the money it made to a United Negro College Fund.

But personally, I love this movie but I dont go around on some wakanda forever shyt cuz it's just a movie. Now for those who truly interested in our past & ancestors, I'd say go YouTube some Sara Suten Seti.

Black Panther

Long Live The King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
LMFAO! Ol goofy azz nukkas...the movie dont even celebrate black people really. Its a fuxing hardcore diss highkey. Im not celebrating this bullshyt.

A movie written, directed, produced, and starring Black people is a "hardcore diss highkey" :bpfacepalm:

You nikkas can't be happy about anything :bpfacepalm:

IVS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
In the sky
A movie written, directed, produced, and starring Black people is a "hardcore diss highkey" :bpfacepalm:

You nikkas can't be happy about anything :bpfacepalm:
Of course some corny azz nukka named after this shyt would respond and get butthurt.

Shyt is what it is. The movie was Anti-black really.

Black Panther

Long Live The King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Of course some corny azz nukka named after this shyt would respond and get butthurt.

Shyt is what it is. The movie was Anti-black really.

Ain't nobody "butthurt" but your bitter ass :mjlolhairfade:

Couldn't wait to jump in this thread and complain like a b*tch :mjlolhairfade:

Child_Of_God

Love is a long road.
Daps
Reppin
Washington D.C.
No, the movie does. It's a first for Hollywood to create a major blockbuster film with a black comic book hero.
Hollywood being Hollywood will create white dude super hero movies, white female super hero movies, and gay white male super hero movies... before they create a straight black male super hero movie. It was like pulling teeth.

And don't include Handi-man and Leonard Part 6 into the conversation.

Blade happened way before Black Panther.

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
Blade happened way before Black Panther.
Blankman happened way before Blade.

blankman-otherguy2.jpg

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Really the only aspect of black panther that isn't black is the distribution company. Everything else black. If we can't celebrate this movie, than no movie can be celebrated. Black Panther was Disney, Malcolm X was Warner Bros, Django was columbia(and had a white director)
Get out was universal, etc. All of tyler perry's movies are Lionsgate. So basically unless it's a Nollywood film there aren't any black movies to celebrate going by this logic. I mean there are alot of black owned Production companies, Tyler Perry production company worked on black panther. But I don't know of any black owned distribution companies.