Black Panther Vs. Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Anti-George Lucas Coalition
Winter Soldier....boring? :gucci:
I stopped taking movie opinions on this forum seriously back in the Rec Room days.

..Anyways, its a hard call. I've have to think about it. I want to say Black Panther, but it's also fresh in my head. When we get closer to IW I'ma try to sit down and watch both.

Black Nate Grey

The God Emperor of Mankind
Daps
Winter Soldier is one of the most boring of all the big Superhero films. I will watch MoS first act (which was admittedly tedious) 10/10 over WS. I'll watch Wonder Woman over Winter Soldier. I'd rather watch Thor : Dark World. Only film I wouldn't watch over Winter Soldier is the first Thor movie. That movie was more boring.

I honestly regret watching it. :hhh:

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
Ignore that shyt.

I can't take anyone seriously who feels the need to qualify Blackness by limiting people's scope in life to group thinking.

I mean come the fukk on...BP was awesome and an event like no other but the CGI and hand to hand scenes were ok...def should have been better.

Does that mean it sucked? Hell no. But WS was better due to that.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Can't cosign you breh. I'm not gonna let my love for the Black excellence displayed cloud my judgement neither. That CGI will not hold together well over time.

The movie needs to either do it better or not at all...
Its bot clouding mines either

I never felt like WS was the actual BEST Marvel movie... It was just always up there.

I remember how I felt about WS.. I thought it was dope af but it wasnt my favorite Marvel movie to watch:yeshrug:

Ive probably only seen it twice compared to the others. And I know I didnt see it twice at the theater.

It actually has nothing to do with it being black either. BP was the main reason I felt Civil War was even as good as it was. Im a big fan of Ryan Coogler and this exceeded my expectations.

Only flaw BP has is its ok fight scenes... and its the only thing WS has on it. You nikkas keep talking about the CGI like it breaks the movie and it doesn't... Its not even noticeable excepr to nikkas who just focus or hold that to the most importance in EVERY movie. WS barely had any CGI aside from the carriers

JahBuhLun

Graphic Alchemist
Daps
If BP ever touches on more socio-political constructs more in depth, than it's a wrap for DC.
Iron Man touched on war mongering
The first Capt. Amer. of course was a war movie
Avengers dealt with it a tad
I think Winter Soldier was the best mix of political and action intrigue
The other movies still have a mystic, otherworldly narrative to them.

I'll be honest, I think they could've had Sterling K. Brown play Killmonger instead Michael B. Jordan.

FSP

Banned
Daps
If BP ever touches on more socio-political constructs more in depth, than it's a wrap for DC.
Iron Man touched on war mongering
The first Capt. Amer. of course was a war movie
Avengers dealt with it a tad
I think Winter Soldier was the best mix of political and action intrigue
The other movies still have a mystic, otherworldly narrative to them.

I'll be honest, I think they could've had Sterling K. Brown play Killmonger instead Michael B. Jordan.
It's already a wrap for DC lol.

Tired of this Michael B hate. :hhh:

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
I didn't mind BP CGI :ehh:
I honestly don't see wtf they're talking about... I feel like the CGI argument is a cop out.

BP had a better story, better villain, better supporting characters... Aka a better movie

If hand 2 hand is all you complaining about (which it wasn't bad, just not the best) then thats not enough to ever consider it a better movie.