Black Pastors Have FAILED The Black Community For White Supremacy (It's Time TO RUN THEM OUT)

BIXBY

Pro
Daps
You didn't have to say it....

How do we explore our "real roots" You say your Grandmother is Ethiopian, so you can connect to some part of Africa via that...... myself, and a whole lot of nikkas Grandmas, and Great Grandmas are from the South..... so with no real way to trace ourselves to our true African tribal backgrounds, how do we explore our "real roots" :sas1:

Well to start, you can take the DNA tests. All you need is one from your family.

If your family roots really in the South, it's high likelihood that your ancestors are from the Gold Coast...Then again you never know unless you take the test. Interestingly, Africa is the most diverse continent DNA wise... the rest of the world is descended from only a small group of Africa's gene pool so these DNA tests work pretty well for people from African descent in helping to pinpoint which part you are from...

$100 bucks is a small price to pay for that knowledge

Also, TALK TO YOUR ELDERS... they might know something.

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
Well to start, you can take the DNA tests. All you need is one from your family.

If your family roots really in the South, it's high likelihood that your ancestors are from the Gold Coast...Then again you never know unless you take the test. Interestingly, Africa is the most diverse continent DNA wise... the rest of the world is descended from only a small group of Africa's gene pool so these DNA tests work pretty well for people from African descent in helping to pinpoint which part you are from...

$100 bucks is a small price to pay for that knowledge

Also, TALK TO YOUR ELDERS... they might know something.
I did mine a year ago.

Trill McClay

*Formerly known as Deeeez Nuts
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Nope, put me on breh.
I gotchya. I see your point of view I don't necessarily agree with the narrative that all black pastors have failed the black community. However, the majority do a piss poor job of providing guidance to the members and spreading a message that is both edifying and true to its biblical origins.

A lot of false doctrine is preached by the most popular pastors: Creflo Dollar, T.D. Jakes, Eddie Long (no disrespect to the dead by any means).They preach a message of prosperity and tolerance which is cancerous to the black community because it is laced with themes of buy your way into Heaven and turn the other cheek to your white oppressors. It's messed up because alot of black people get fooled by these cats.

Here's a link from Dr. Mason's woke church sermon from this year (33 min. long):

Here is another link of him and a few of "Christian rappers" (I hate that term) discussing (about 11 min. long) :

He has an entire series dedicated to this called Woke Church. I listened to all of them this year during my peak work hours. If you listen to podcasts just search for: Epiphany Fellowship Sermons. I have listened to the majority of them.

I have been a member of Oak Cliff Bible Fellowship (Evans' church) for about 2 years. I personally know of the many ways that his message and congregation have physically supported the black community. In January, anyone who came to church Sunday morning could pick up a baby bottle available near the entrance of the church. Members were directed to fill the bottles with money or loose change. Then, on Mother's Day bring the, hopefully, filled bottles to service. Those baby bottles were handed directly to single mothers with new borns and struggling single mothers with toddlers. In addition to that, a few weeks back we had a community outreach project. On Saturday from about 8am to 3pm a job fair was coordinated for the unemployed population of the community. Tons of vendors/employers were there looking to offer jobs to the homeless, convicted felons, the uneducated, etc. In relationship, to supporting the black community, one of my favorite things about this church itself is the fact that they offer literacy and language arts courses for those who struggle with English proficiency, Microsoft office courses, and financial literacy workshops....for free.

Dr. Evans speaks on flaws of the modern church (8 min long):

This is not me saying that these two are perfect, but what I am saying is there are some good apples among the bunch. I see how many people can look down on religion and even hate it, specifically Christianity. But the truth is many people hate it because what they see isn't a refection of what the black church is supposed to be.

Unrelated, sort of, but one of the books I'm reading now discussing in great detail how important Africa is/was to the origins of Christianity. Especially, considering how it has been whitewashed for 100s of years.
ksWyuos.jpg

SirReginald

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
I gotchya. I see your point of view I don't necessarily agree with the narrative that all black pastors have failed the black community. However, the majority do a piss poor job of providing guidance to the members and spreading a message that is both edifying and true to its biblical origins.

A lot of false doctrine is preached by the most popular pastors: Creflo Dollar, T.D. Jakes, Eddie Long (no disrespect to the dead by any means).They preach a message of prosperity and tolerance which is cancerous to the black community because it is laced with themes of buy your way into Heaven and turn the other cheek to your white oppressors. It's messed up because alot of black people get fooled by these cats.

Here's a link from Dr. Mason's woke church sermon from this year (33 min. long):

Here is another link of him and a few of "Christian rappers" (I hate that term) discussing (about 11 min. long) :

He has an entire series dedicated to this called Woke Church. I listened to all of them this year during my peak work hours. If you listen to podcasts just search for: Epiphany Fellowship Sermons. I have listened to the majority of them.

I have been a member of Oak Cliff Bible Fellowship (Evans' church) for about 2 years. I personally know of the many ways that his message and congregation have physically supported the black community. In January, anyone who came to church Sunday morning could pick up a baby bottle available near the entrance of the church. Members were directed to fill the bottles with money or loose change. Then, on Mother's Day bring the, hopefully, filled bottles to service. Those baby bottles were handed directly to single mothers with new borns and struggling single mothers with toddlers. In addition to that, a few weeks back we had a community outreach project. On Saturday from about 8am to 3pm a job fair was coordinated for the unemployed population of the community. Tons of vendors/employers were there looking to offer jobs to the homeless, convicted felons, the uneducated, etc. In relationship, to supporting the black community, one of my favorite things about this church itself is the fact that they offer literacy and language arts courses for those who struggle with English proficiency, Microsoft office courses, and financial literacy workshops....for free.

Dr. Evans speaks on flaws of the modern church (8 min long):

This is not me saying that these two are perfect, but what I am saying is there are some good apples among the bunch. I see how many people can look down on religion and even hate it, specifically Christianity. But the truth is many people hate it because what they see isn't a refection of what the black church is supposed to be.

Unrelated, sort of, but one of the books I'm reading now discussing in great detail how important Africa is/was to the origins of Christianity. Especially, considering how it has been whitewashed for 100s of years.
ksWyuos.jpg

Thanks breh and I will give it a listen. Also, I don't take prosperity churches seriously at all. I was targeting Baptist and the other Black churches who extort our community. My point is we should follow Judaic practices of Christianity. That's if some people want to give it a go. Or African Judaism. Once again, thanks and repped.

Trill McClay

*Formerly known as Deeeez Nuts
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Thanks breh and I will give it a listen. Also, I don't take prosperity churches seriously at all. I was targeting Baptist and the other Black churches who extort our community. My point is we should follow Judaic practices of Christianity. That's if some people want to give it a go. Or African Judaism. Once again, thanks and repped.

Let me know your honest thoughts over time. I know conversations regarding politics and religion can get heated here, but I'm not about that. All the brehs here are capable of articulating disagreements and coming to some sort of common ground with any other topic, why not with religion? I'll take a look into Judaic practices as well and let you know what I think.

ReturnOfJudah

Veteran
Daps
Black pastors ain't speaking on that Philando issue. These the noggas that need to be making the most noise

SirReginald

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
@You Win Perfect you scorned :umad:

Let me know your honest thoughts over time. I know conversations regarding politics and religion can get heated here, but I'm not about that. All the brehs here are capable of articulating disagreements and coming to some sort of common ground with any other topic, why not with religion? I'll take a look into Judaic practices as well and let you know what I think.
Alright fam.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Wrong, again the coli comparing a few crooked pastors to the hundreds and thousands of great pastors out there.