Black People will never care about expensive art, no matter how hard Jigga tries

tuckgod

The high exalted
Daps
I think it being sold as one of the best investments for his audience by him is the real issue. Preaching this to a group with the level of discretionary income is disingenuous and corny. The Carters really trying to earn that "pro black" badge.

He’s never told people to invest in art, just said that he has.

African Peasant

Veteran
Daps
Probably the dumbest thread I’ve ever seen up here.

Black people invented art.

No.

We were on a superior level.

Everything we did had a spiritual meaning. What europeans call "art" is basically what we did minus the spiritual/metaphysical meaning and function.

They took statues/objects we made for spiritual reasons and turned it into toys for kids to look at on week end and for bourgeois to show off and to speculate on.

It's meaningless.

Last edited:

tuckgod

The high exalted
Daps
No.

We were on a superior level.

Everything we did had a spiritual meaning. What europeans call "art" is basically what we did minus the spiritual/metaphysical meaning and function.

They took statues/objects we made for spiritual reasons and turned it into toys for kids to look at on week end and for bourgeois to show off and to speculate on.

It's meaningless.

Nonsense.

FlimFlam

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
....guess it depends on what you consider "expensive"...but there has always been a rich art producing and art collecting subculture....particularly black art... among black people...from the poor on up

Now i know nothing is valid here if it aint verified by the tv or internet, so look at shows like martin and cosby....one was working class the other was pretty much rich....homes full of art..from painting to figurines and masks....tapestry . That ambience was inspired by real life

Needless to say, aint many people period that can drop a few millie on a painting ....few hundreds ...few thousands in some cases...hell yea. Aint expensive to the extreme of the subject at hand, but it aint cheap

tuckgod

The high exalted
Daps
You're just trying to imitate the white bourgeoisie lifestyle :yeshrug:

What you call art is an invention of the western bourgeoisie.

More nonsense.

The original bourgeoisie societies/royal courts in Europe were black folks.

Whites are imitating them.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think it being sold as one of the best investments for his audience by him is the real issue. Preaching this to a group with the level of discretionary income is disingenuous and corny. The Carters really trying to earn that "pro black" badge.
the shyt he's talking about is unattainable to like 99% of the country :dead: real estate>>>>

i always hated "art" anyway, it's just a bunch of arbitrary bullshyt. im impressed by talented painters, but dont tell me that some french fakkit threw paint at a wall and now it's worth 20 million dollars :childplease::camby:

Daps
the shyt he's talking about is unattainable to like 99% of the country :dead: real estate>>>>

i always hated "art" anyway, it's just a bunch of arbitrary bullshyt. im impressed by talented painters, but dont tell me that some french fakkit threw paint at a wall and now it's worth 20 million dollars :childplease::camby:

The value of your money is arbitrary, and many of the things you own.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The value of your money is arbitrary, and many of the things you own.
no it isnt, because there's a mass consensus that my money has value to everyone else and vice versa. i'll give you possessions

but come on breh, you know what the fukk im talking about. art valuation is absolute bullshyt :dead:

Daps
no it isnt, because there's a mass consensus that my money has value to everyone else and vice versa. i'll give you possessions

but come on breh, you know what the fukk im talking about. art valuation is absolute bullshyt :dead:

What is the value of US currency based on?

tuckgod

The high exalted
Daps
....guess it depends on what you consider "expensive"...but there has always been a rich art producing and art collecting subculture....particularly black art... among black people...from the poor on up

Now i know nothing is valid here if it aint verified by the tv or internet, so look at shows like martin and cosby....one was working class the other was pretty much rich....homes full of art..from painting to figurines and masks....tapestry . That ambience was inspired by real life

Needless to say, aint many people period that can drop a few millie on a painting ....few hundreds ...few thousands in some cases...hell yea. Aint expensive to the extreme of the subject at hand, but it aint cheap

Funeral_Procession_by_Ellis_Wilson.jpg

Jerz-2

GOATs Status
Daps
I dont agree with OP on much, but I do see his point here from a very general sense.