Black People will never care about expensive art, no matter how hard Jigga tries

Daps
:beli: breh you can hold up a hundred dollar bill to anyone in north america and theyll snatch the shyt outta your hand. we all know it's really worthless paper

Hold up an expensive painting to someone who understands the value of it, no matter how arbitrarily it was determined, and they will snatch it, too.

Arbitrary or not, if you can exchange something for goods, services, or sell it for money, we all want it.

That was my original point.

Urahara_Kisuke

12th Squad O.G.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
12th Squad
6de1cc29.gif

FocusedDaily

Chi-town's Hero
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South-side Chi
"if you draw you better be picasso"
~ Jay Z (reasonable doubt, 1996)

Someone made a whole thread saying that having an appreciation for things not of the "hood" or "urban culture" is corny. It may be the dumbest thing I've seen in the history of this forum.

You may as well have said "black people shouldn't ben into Cac science", which is actually another dumb thing I've seen on the coli, so I'm just going to take my ball and go home.

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Speak for yourself, i like hearing jay rap about shyt he cares about and shyt he's into now. Not just 40 year old coke tales and attempts to identify with whatever retarded shyt new nikkas is doing

I understand that a lot of folks only can stomach basic shyt but dont ruin that shyt for people who actually like watching people evolve.

If you wanna watch some nikkas dancing on a block or flexing in front of a rented whip there is an internet full of that shyt. Direct yourself to the nearest blocboy jb video, we dont need extra demand for basic shyt this genre has done to death.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Speak for yourself, i like hearing jay rap about shyt he cares about and shyt he's into now. Not just 40 year old coke tales and attempts to identify with whatever retarded shyt new nikkas is doing

I understand that a lot of folks only can stomach basic shyt but dont ruin that shyt for people who actually like watching people evolve.

If you wanna watch some nikkas dancing on a block or flexing in front of a rented whip there is an internet full of that shyt. Direct yourself to the nearest blocboy jb video, we dont need extra demand for basic shyt this genre has done to death.
How about Pusha T? Is he someone to look Into if I wanna hear that type of stuff?

bordeaux

xxx
Daps
Reppin
God's Plan
people in general, i think. its such a niche thing. i suppose after a guy's had all the cars, clothes and whatnot its a talking point. i wasnt much a fan of mchg or his albums there after but cant say ive ever been against it in his content. b/c hey, its something different.

Trap Soul

Superstar
Daps
We don’t care if it appreciates in value cause old white men say so

We don’t care about you mean mugging in front of the Mona Lisa

We don’t care about performance art videos

We don’t care that you rented the Lourve

We don’t care about the MOMA

shyt is not our culture and it doesn’t have to be just cause certain people consider it a rich folk hobby.

“Don’t tell me about no Basquait, I don’t want em”

~J Cole

Cole said that?