Black Rob needs help.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Think u taking my sports comment a little too literal.. just saying he can still connect some dots using it.

And who on here dont think that Black Rob would fit well in that Griselda wave of rap? Dude a perfect fuhking fit in that lane. He just dont seem hungry and has no great management. Call up Alc and Daringer... I promise you he would bring straight heat
basically all that need to be said. when is the last time he was making music?

he's not an active artist. in those video clips they posted of the studio Puffy is trying to get him to go in the booth and cut a single and he just wants to drink and hang out. read the energy in that room and you see the past present and future.

people really just love making up villains to hate.

King Harlem

Superstar
Daps
If standard business at the time was to fukk artists over and he did standard business then yes, he personally sought to fukk these people over. He could easily have given them fair contracts, but he chose not to and instead decided to exploit them. Anyways, take that mans nuts out of your mouth before you speak to me :ufdup:

Let's really discuss this.
Puff started Bad Boy when he was around 24 years old. Bad Boy is the first record label that this young man ever had.
Biggie, Craig Mack, Total, Mase, The Lox, Black Rob, etc are some of the first contracts that Bad Boy ever produced.
So you start a brand new record label and instead of using the contract template that all successful record labels use, he was supposed to use a different contract structure where the label makes less money. That doesn't make any sense at all, especially when you first start a business.

King Harlem

Superstar
Daps
Puff is a liar:mjlol:

Like somebody said long ago, maybe Jada, Diddy is a gangsta with the paperwork.

You think he's letting someone steal millions from him with no lawsuit?

This is common knowledge. And its not stealing.
I renegotiate a 3 album deal and you give me a $5 million up front. I make one album and retire to serve God...Puff has to eat that.
I want to come back so we negotiate my contract again for another $1 million dollars up front for a multi album deal and after that album I decide not to make another album. There's no stealing to that. Puff has to eat that too.

Damnshow

Veteran
Daps
p diddy is a top 3 worst thing to ever happen to hip hop. But casuals never care about the the art. Them bad boy rappers either go broke, get in prison, get killed or turn to religion.

Razzay

Pro
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
p diddy is a top 3 worst thing to ever happen to hip hop. But casuals never care about the the art. Them bad boy rappers either go broke, get in prison, get killed or turn to religion.

Or be like MGK and go #1 on your 5th album!

New Jeruz Jewelz

Wavey Vertigo Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NJ
I watched the video, I guess negative topics gets more views but what I saw & heard was a man that lived a crazy life and made mistakes on his journey. Owns up to those mistakes.:salute:

No one would have turned down half a mil coming from the streets in the 90s! Bro just a humble guy.

bordeaux

xxx
Daps
Reppin
God's Plan
puff has nothing to do w/ him having to pay child support on his 4 kids or him keeping up w/ his own high blood pressure. this is a grown ass man, tf.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

You can't be a Hip Hop fan and hold this opinion. Without Diddy, we don't have Biggie.

And if we are going by tragic devises of artists on the same label, no record label is exempt from that. It is like saying Barry Gordy is the worst thing to happen to music based on what happened to Tammi Terell (they didn't even want anyone from Motown at the funeral except Marvin Gaye), Marvin Gaye, Florence Ballard, etc.

jilla82

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the internet
Let's really discuss this.
Puff started Bad Boy when he was around 24 years old. Bad Boy is the first record label that this young man ever had.
Biggie, Craig Mack, Total, Mase, The Lox, Black Rob, etc are some of the first contracts that Bad Boy ever produced.
So you start a brand new record label and instead of using the contract template that all successful record labels use, he was supposed to use a different contract structure where the label makes less money. That doesn't make any sense at all, especially when you first start a business.
this argument could be used for pretty much everything people do thats wrong/evil.

Not saying I disagree w/ you...but would you apply that type of logic to other cases?

King Harlem

Superstar
Daps
this argument could be used for pretty much everything people do thats wrong/evil.

Not saying I disagree w/ you...but would you apply that type of logic to other cases?

Good point.
Here's an example for me: So I'm looking at purchasing a store next year, it will be my first store. Its a small store and I will have a few employees.
I already know what these employees make and I would probably pay them the same.
I also understand that their salary as customer service employees, that it would be very difficult for them to make a living on. I understand this and this is still the salary that I will pay them because this is the wage that people who do this type of work get paid.
Now if these employees prove to be exemplary at their jobs I would give them a raise, bonus, etc, but I can't do that starting out or I risk my business failing.