Black Rob needs help.

360dagod

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SAN ANTONIO SPURS NY DIVISION
In the grand scheme.. its still recoupable as hell tho.. a single nowadays clears that easily. Whoa is so big bro..he could still make money of it if he had the right publishing company. Remake the song for sports channels like ESPN.. so many ways he can get back in the game. The nygga still calling for Ddot..lol. that tells you right there how out the loop he is.

He not making nothing as long as arena's are closed to fans:yeshrug:

Besides puff own most of rob's publishing for that song:francis:

nikka betta get a CDL and hit the road:ld:

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
TBH You can't blame Puff for his situation.

Black Rob had a big hit, but other than that he wasn't the commercial succes to be still living large 20 years later.

This.

How many people can say they had a song with J. Lo before people were calling her J. Lo. He even had a song with Cee Lo Green when Cee Lo was mainly rapping. He was on "Bad Boys For Life, which was pretty big and "Let's Get It", which was a big look for Bad Boy too.

If you ask me, Black Rob had nice set up for a successful sophomore album, but they pushed G. Dep.

Bruce LeRoy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NY
People going in on Puff because Black Rob signed a 10 album deal with the label.

Look at it like this, Eminem has been signed to Aftermath/Interscope Records for over 20 years. He's sold 10's of millions of records off of a couple of albums. Dre has bragged about having Eminem checks he hasn't even opened yet. Why am I posting this? To illustrate that slave deals happen to most every artist.

When posters on here outraged when they find out what kinds of deals these artists have signed, it makes me wonder what genre of music they been listening to. Hip Hop artists have been probably the most vocal about their contracts and inner workings of the industry.

I mean, think about most artist are in no position to negotiate so they either accept what's being presented or walk. Everybody ain't Master P, where he didn't accept being short changed and took his business elsewhere.

Because it's the big con that has long been perpetrated by record industry execs...

The basis of every con comes down to the saying "You can't con an honest man." meaning if you're greedy, you'll get conned. That's why the record industry is constantly pushing these young dummies who sign for a few thousand dollars and pretend they "balling"... You don't see too many older artist Em's age [or older from earlier eras..] in or getting big record contracts in the same way you see older artist in other genres getting big record deals. They kick older rap artist to the curb once they get wise to the game...the problem is they are too late to the punch so it doesn't matter...

King Harlem

Superstar
Daps
breh, Puff has a history of this. Look at Mase, when dudes get desperate, they go BACK to Puff for crumbs and he gives them a little bit. Then it turns bad again. Then they go back again, they have a bad boy reunion tour. Little more dough. But never enough.

He had an white female girl-band called Dream. They were making some noise with 2 hit songs, a platinm album, then they fell apart. Who messes that up?

You have to stop using Mase as an example for whatever you trying to talk about.
Mase received a multi million dollar amount prior to Double Up and retired without fulfilling the contract.
He then came back and received another multi million dollar deal when he returned from retirement and didn't fulfill the rest of his contract.
Mase got over on Puff twice, he's probably the one person you should never us in a discussion like this.

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
You have to stop using Mase as an example for whatever you trying to talk about.
Mase received a multi million dollar amount prior to Double Up and retired without fulfilling the contract.
He then came back and received another multi million dollar deal when he returned from retirement and didn't fulfill the rest of his contract.
Mase got over on Puff twice, he's probably the one person you should never us in a discussion like this.
Hearsay.

Mase obviously wasn't getting paid properly by Puff. He always talks about it.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
These deals were indeed standard back then. They were also a way to enslave artists. Ten albums is more than the average artists career (the average life span of a rappers career back then were three years). This meant that aspiring artists were offered a deal on unfavorable terms and since they weren't famous yet, they had to take it, since all major labels offered these deals to new artists. Owing the label ten albums meant that they couldn't renegotiate the terms of their deals before they delivered these ten albums. And if the artists complained or tried to renegotiate, or asked about what happened to their royalties, the label could simply shelve their projects, which effectively blackballed them, because their label wasn't putting out their projects and other labels couldn't sign them, or had to buy out their contract for large sums of money, since the artists still owed their label x amounts of albums.

These types of deals were one among the many shady practices labels employed to exploit artists. People defending this are either retarded or working for a record label.
I'm not defending the deals I'm defending the idea that Puffy personally sought to fukk these people over.. He did standard business. These artists were getting the same deals everywhere. I told @jadillac how Eminem trapped d12 in contract limbo and he bailed on the conversation. It's just more convenient to blame Puff, people are sheep. He's the devil you know so to speak.

Everyone did the same business.

karim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm not defending the deals I'm defending the idea that Puffy personally sought to fukk these people over.. you idiot. He did standard business.
If standard business at the time was to fukk artists over and he did standard business then yes, he personally sought to fukk these people over. He could easily have given them fair contracts, but he chose not to and instead decided to exploit them. Anyways, take that mans nuts out of your mouth before you speak to me :ufdup:

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
He not making nothing as long as arena's are closed to fans:yeshrug:

Besides puff own most of rob's publishing for that song:francis:

nikka betta get a CDL and hit the road:ld:

Think u taking my sports comment a little too literal.. just saying he can still connect some dots using it.

And who on here dont think that Black Rob would fit well in that Griselda wave of rap? Dude a perfect fuhking fit in that lane. He just dont seem hungry and has no great management. Call up Alc and Daringer... I promise you he would bring straight heat

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
If standard business at the time was to fukk artists over and he did standard business then yes, he personally sought to fukk these people over. He could easily have given them fair contracts, but he chose not to and instead decided to exploit them. Anyways, take that mans nuts out of your mouth before you speak to me :ufdup:
nope

he wrote out regular contracts. he wasn't the che guevera of the recording studios :mjlol:

nobody was exploited they were employed. Rob ate for many years off that contract... the better part of a decade. ironic you talk about sucking dikk when you guys are the ones hanging on to his nuts with all this silly gossip all these years.

Rob is drunk in that interview up top, whatever he is going through ain't on Puff is the point. use your mind.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Just watched the video.

Genuinely sad.

:mjcry:

@Piff Perkins or someone that knows the industry better, I need help understanding this. Because when I was working around Little Brother, they got a nice and sizable 6-figure advance from Atlantic to do 1 album, and this was in the mid-00's when the ringtone era was starting to pop off.

I don't see how when Black Rob signed the better part of a decade earlier that he would be stuck to doing 10 albums for only 450k :mindblown: