Black Twitter goes in on Lauryn Hill after she shows up two hours late to Atlanta show

Kane

#BonesGANG
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Lauryn Hill slammed after arriving two hours late to Atlanta show

Ready ... or not.

Everything is everything to Lauryn Hill — except showing up on time to her own concerts.

Fans and critics alike ripped the ‘90s R&B icon Friday night after she took the stage at an Atlanta gig more than two hours late, and had her mic cut after less than 40 minutes due to Chastain Park Amphitheatre’s rigid 11 p.m. curfew.

The unapologetic Hill, 40, fought off the crowd’s boos and waved her hands, appearing to unsuccessfully ask the venue for some extra time, concertgoer Louise Tashjian told the Daily News on Saturday.

"I'm still so pissed about last night; I can't let it go," the 61-year-old Atlanta resident fumed. "The music was good, but I was too pissed to enjoy it.

Hill vehemently defended herself later in a confrontational fan-shot video that surfaced on Twitter.

“My driver got lost — I can’t control that,” the former Fugee said.

But Tashjian, a fan of Hill's for her seminal solo album “The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill,” wasn't buying that explanation.

"She doesn't have GPS? Come on," she told The News, also pointing out that the singer had hours earlier performed a sound check at the venue. "I don't care what her excuse was, unless she was dying or sick."

She demanded a refund for her ticket, which cost $70 plus a 20% service fee.

A social media debate unfolded well into Saturday morning over whether or not it was fair to expect professionalism and punctuality from the Jersey-born Grammy winner.

“I would not recommend an artist consistently be late. But if they are, so be it,” rapper Talib Kweli wrote. “Art should be unpredictable.”

“But time isn’t art. Time is absolute,” user @TheMusicMogul shot back. “And Lauryn Hill absolutely wastes people’s time consistently.”

MewTwo

Freeing Pokemon From Their Masters Since 1996
Daps
Reppin
Cerulean Cave
:camby: @ Talib making excuses.

Nah breh, if you're late, consistently, then the fans need to start consistently not going to your shows.

You have to make excuses though. She's a legend and has a slew of personal problems. She's like a female DMX at this point.

Klyk21

Hate is Rising, Love is Dying....
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, Ga
She's known for doing this apparently.
Well people shouldn't be going.....I'm not waiting 2 hours for anything except a graduation or something of significance. This bytch is dusty and arrogant, I'd go home and and pirate the shyt of her music and may give away free copies, depending on how slighted i'm feeling.