Black Vegans of Thecoli where you at?

Dad

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
DMV
idk about goin vegan but ive been limiting my meat intake and upping my raw fruits/veggies. i wouldnt mind trying to go vegetarian i just need more meal ideas

Are you open to soy or tofu products or would rather have all vegs?

Lo-Co

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Been vegan for like 9 years now. I rarely get sick. At most I'll probably get a slight cold or sore throat maybe a couple of times a year and that's it. Sick as in being on my ass sick rare.

I got plenty of recipes anybody need some i'll post em.
:feedme:

Dad

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
DMV
true. ima check out some recipes.

prefer to do all vegs. heard some mixed things about soy in particular.

Yeah too much soy will fukk up your testosterone levels.

Go to the Jamaican spot order some cabbage and whatever Ital meal they have. Make chilli with beans, mushrooms, peppers. It's so much shyt to do, breh. And like ol girl said YouTube especially John Jospeph from the Cro-Mags. He's got a great book called meat is for pussies that focuses strictly on men and plant based diet. His videos are really informative too.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm actually about to make some Jamaican Calaloo rice with Vegan Curry(Vegan Beef Tips)
Are you ready to breakaway from the traditional way of cooking Callaloo? The leafy vegetable, Callaloo (amaranth), is a popular Caribbean dish and has it's orgins in West Africa. It is served in different ways across the Caribbean. In Jamaica it is typically cooked with cod fish (salfish). Callaloo Seasoned Rice takes a Jamaican favorite and adds a new spin to make a one pot meal. It can also be used as a great side dish.

just swap the soft margarine with vegan margarine or coconut oil and you're good to go.

I've made this Mac and Cheese recipe a lot and it's banging. My favorite recipe
The BEST Vegan Mac n' Cheese | Detoxinista

Cheese is made with Cashews and Nutritional yeast.

Edit:
Mainly for breakfast I have either a nice big smoothie made with some non dairy milk and fruits/ Cereal with non dairy milk or on the occasion some traditional american style breakfast like scrambled tofu and greens or pancakes.

For Tofu I use some indian black salt(Kala Namak) which gives the food some eggy flavor.

For pancakes u can look up egg replacers for making pancakes and whatnot.

Last edited: