Blackrock CEO thinks 65 is too early for retirement, needs to be moved later

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
1500 a month would be a game changer but the govt would rather send 30 billy to Ukraine which is dumb af

$30 billion to Ukraine is a rounding error in the federal budget, stop following dumbasses who toss out those red herrings for nothing. That makes literally zero difference in anyone's income security.

If you want to bytch about what the government is currently spending money on, talk about the $900 billion a year defense budget, which is more than triple what anyone else in the world does and over 10x what anyone other than China does. You can put together the next 10 largest national defense budgets in the world and it doesn't equal ours. Even considering our "special" position in the world, we could reduce the defense budget by more than half and still be fine. Then you'd be talking real money.

Chrishaune

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Huntsville
1500 a month would be a game changer but the govt would rather send 30 billy to Ukraine which is dumb af

Does everybody realize companies would just raise the prices of everything to make that $1500 obsolete.

And the government will allow them to do it. You'll never escape the trap they have set for you depending on them to get you out of it.

Houses would definitely be hitting on $1 million everywhere you look if they were giving out $1500/month to everybody.

Rent would be $4k-$5k starting everywhere.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don't understand why we can't find a balance. People despise work because it takes away 5 days of your week, it really doesn't give you any time to do anything. We practically live at work with 40 hours, I can't imagine 50+

Give people every other Friday off. Add more vacation days. Encourage vacations.
. Working isn’t the issue. The issue is not being properly compensated for the work you do, while being used as leverage for those who make the rules but don’t do the work.

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
They must be making a shiit ton of money already then, because i don't know anyone like that. And if thats the case, why don't they just work part-time hrs?

Breh a lot of people would rather be with their family. Folks take pay cuts all day

If you aren't being paid enough, learn a valuable skill.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Nah, a vast majority of people would take lower pay with less hours if given the choice

Most people are lazy, yes.

But by “given the choice”, you just mean if they didn’t have to pay bills??

I can’t imagine most men would take lower pay with less hours. Unless their estrogen levels are high.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Breh a lot of people would rather be with their family. Folks take pay cuts all day

If you aren't being paid enough, learn a valuable skill.

Not everyone can be Tony Stark with a 300 IQ, working for a $120k per year job. A lot of employers have UNREALISTIC STANDARDS for humans as employees.

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
Most people are lazy, yes.

But by “given the choice”, you just mean if they didn’t have to pay bills??

I can’t imagine most men would take lower pay with less hours. Unless their estrogen levels are high.

No I wouldn't say most people are lazy. Wanting more personal time doesn't make you lazy.

You only live once. Making $300k/yr sounds great until you realize you can't meet your kids at their games or you can't properly smash the wife.

Last edited: