319559323_1.gif

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Translation:

319559323_1.gif
Burning a Straw Man | AwareofAware

you set up farcical arguments, then attack them.

who everyone dikkrides to solve every problem

go and read a textbook, go take a civics course. Learn about basic rights and responsibilities of your 3 branches.

you act like guaranteeing water is asking the government to solve every problem? wtf are you talking about?

You just project fake ass arguments because you ghetto gaggers for the white mans ego.

:to: pains me that some of yall are black, really does.

TheMailMan

All Star
Daps
How do you leech off of retirement?

That can't work financially because too many people already got more from Social Security than they put in, so they used the money you put in to pay off their retirement. There isn't enough money left in the system anymore to even pay people what they put in, they've been kicking the can down the road for a while now without actually addressing it.

The only options are to either reduce benefits, tax the rich more, or allow the government to borrow indefinite amounts of money to prop up Social Security.
My issue with social security is mainly with the SSI part of it. Just to use an example, my brother collects a check from the govt , he's not handicapped to the point where he cant work,he just chooses not to cuz he'd rather waste his check on alcohol and drugs and beg my dad for money . It's the same with the EBT . People using eBt cards while driving high end SUVs and just buying juice and potato chips at 711 . Like skip the case of capri suns and buy some bottled water lol

Black Trash!

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
My issue with social security is mainly with the SSI part of it. Just to use an example, my brother collects a check from the govt , he's not handicapped to the point where he cant work,he just chooses not to cuz he'd rather waste his check on alcohol and drugs and beg my dad for money . It's the same with the EBT . People using eBt cards while driving high end SUVs and just buying juice and potato chips at 711 . Like skip the case of capri suns and buy some bottled water lol
If government ain't going to stop getting rich, let regular folks ste too

TheMailMan

All Star
Daps
If government ain't going to stop getting rich, let regular folks ste too
I get that but if I make a 100 dollars and only get 81 after tax cuz some person can't work cuz they got mental health issues cuz they identify as a pine tree or a furry or whatever else they got going on these days then I think that's an issue. And why we cNt tax the NFL and Amazon so us regular folks can eat

Black Trash!

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
I get that but if I make a 100 dollars and only get 81 after tax cuz some person can't work cuz they got mental health issues cuz they identify as a pine tree or a furry or whatever else they got going on these days then I think that's an issue. And why we cNt tax the NFL and Amazon so us regular folks can eat
You're hating because you working hard while they chilling

It's understandable but it's hating, because you hating on small fries while government is even more corrupt

But if your life isn't magnitudes better than theirs anyway, you're hustling backwards

badboys11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
M
This is why there is no Democratic Party anymore. We have a Republican Party and an extremist Republican Party.

Democratic platforms would be calling for shorter work weeks, more vacation time, subsidized healthcare, earlier retirement, taxing these sociopathic CEOs at 75% seeing as how their wealth is extracted from the middle/lower class and not a product of their labor. None of these issues are anywhere on the democrats platform. Instead, both parties serve the interests of the black rocks, AIPACs, multinational corporations etc.

There is no party that represents the American taxpayer. CEO’s like this should be in fear of democrats winning the election just as much as the average person fears republicans winning.

Ari Gold Bawse

The Bawse of all Bosses
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
I don't understand why we can't find a balance. People despise work because it takes away 5 days of your week, it really doesn't give you any time to do anything. We practically live at work with 40 hours, I can't imagine 50+

Give people every other Friday off. Add more vacation days. Encourage vacations.
Exactly, and it's been proven people work harder on 3 days off a week than 2

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether

There's some people at the bottom who scam the system, but they are NOT the reason that you're getting taxed. Their take is a rounding error on the national budget. Meanwhile, guys like Elon Musk and Donald Trump and Peter Theil are fukking over the system for tens of millions of dollars each year, sometimes billions. THEY are the reason why any burden falls down to you at all.

If you want a solution to the scamming, just institute UBI. Give everyone $1500 a month regardless of their issue. You could eliminate SSI, welfare, EBI, EITC, child tax credit, don't have to worry about the costs of administrating those programs anymore and save money on fraud investigations and all that shyt. Instead, everyone in the country has a basic head start to live off of as a safety net, and can then choose what they really want to do with their life.

TheMailMan

All Star
Daps
There's some people at the bottom who scam the system, but they are NOT the reason that you're getting taxed. Their take is a rounding error on the national budget. Meanwhile, guys like Elon Musk and Donald Trump and Peter Theil are fukking over the system for tens of millions of dollars each year, sometimes billions. THEY are the reason why any burden falls down to you at all.

If you want a solution to the scamming, just institute UBI. Give everyone $1500 a month regardless of their issue. You could eliminate SSI, welfare, EBI, EITC, child tax credit, don't have to worry about the costs of administrating those programs anymore and save money on fraud investigations and all that shyt. Instead, everyone in the country has a basic head start to live off of as a safety net, and can then choose what they really want to do with their life.
1500 a month would be a game changer but the govt would rather send 30 billy to Ukraine which is dumb af

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps

You think the system can handle 4.6 trillion a year?

That's about quadrupal what they pay back to social security now

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
You think the system can handle 4.6 trillion a year?

That's about quadrupal what they pay back to social security now

It's not just replacing Social Security, but the other income security programs too such as SSI, EITC, most of welfare and unemployment, etc. Combined, we currently spend around $2 trillion on those.

Plus you'd get big savings on Medicaid because fewer people would have to qualify for it anymore. Savings on many veterans supplement programs for same reason. Savings in federal education loans, savings in food stamps, and so on. Likely significant savings in law enforcement and prison spending because there'd be lower crime with more people now income secure. Savings on administration of most of the programs you're replacing because you don't need to check eligibility and do fraud investigation since everyone qualifies now.

Actually start taxing corporations and the wealthy (many of whom literally pay nothing right now) and you'd be fine. $4.6 trillion is currently just 17% of GDP. Spending 17% of our national GDP in order to create income security for literally everyone seems like a fair tradeoff.

But if you don't like it, create a simple tiered system ($1500 for those who currently qualify for SS/SSI, $1000 for everyone else, cuts off when you make $80k), and you could probably get annual spending on UBI under $3 trillion.