Blackrock CEO thinks 65 is too early for retirement, needs to be moved later

Daps
I don't understand why we can't find a balance. People despise work because it takes away 5 days of your week, it really doesn't give you any time to do anything. We practically live at work with 40 hours, I can't imagine 50+

Give people every other Friday off. Add more vacation days. Encourage vacations.
B b buttt the stakeholders!!!

Laidbackman

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
ATL, but rasied in DMV
Cause so many employers are trying to hire people over 40... SMH
How many years over 40 are they allowed to be, before the door slams on us. Maybe they'll give me back my old IT job if push comes to shelve. That may work, since all my enemies there have left.

Last edited:

Laidbackman

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
ATL, but rasied in DMV
Anyway, that's America for you. Force a brother to retire early from a high paying job, then complain aboout it 15 or 20 years later. And have the audacity to say he got over :stopitslime:. What's even more messed up is, I had to hear a sister accuse me of this. But when it's a White man, it's seen as exercising their benefits.

Last edited:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
they should lower taxes and give everyone more control of the money they earn...they can invest it on their own...and choose to stop working when they see fit

Asking regular-ass people to successfully make financial decisions that project 50 years into the future isn't going to work in real life. That's how you get millions of destitute elderly people on the streets cause they can't afford rent. Which is the exact problem SS was designed to address.

Plus, what do you do if there's a stock market crash or the bottom falls out on some major asset right before people retire? You have to have some sort of safety net.

I don't want to work so a cac can have a 30 year vacation golfing in Florida from 65 to 95

wtf are you talking about? That's not how SS currently works.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
I don't understand why we can't find a balance. People despise work because it takes away 5 days of your week, it really doesn't give you any time to do anything. We practically live at work with 40 hours, I can't imagine 50+

Give people every other Friday off. Add more vacation days. Encourage vacations.

With the combination of automation and AI, there's really no reason that we shouldn't shorten the work week to 25-30 hours. Especially when lots of European economies already give their workers 6-7 weeks off a year. They're going the opposite direction which is only going to push more and more people out of the formal economy and half the workforce is going to be desperately trying to hustle their way forward.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Tax the rich even more

They're hardly getting taxed as it is.

Daps
They're hardly getting taxed as it is.

They say it helps with growth which is not true as they have decreased the amount of product in packages and cut employees while increasing upper management pay packages as well as spending money on "expenses" to decrease taxation. Oh, and they get subsidies and bailouts like a mofo. They have hoarded so much power to the point politicians are afraid to even look in the direction of taxing them because it might hurt their election chances. So frustrating.

I'm not a believer of "nobody should be able to be a billionaire", but if these mofo's ain't paying the same taxes as us, they need to go somewhere. Be it Business or Person.

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
They say it helps with growth which is not true as they have decreased the amount of product in packages and cut employees while increasing upper management pay packages as well as spending money on "expenses" to decrease taxation. Oh, and they get subsidies and bailouts like a mofo. They have hoarded so much power to the point politicians are afraid to even look in the direction of taxing them because it might hurt their election chances. So frustrating.

I'm not a believer of "nobody should be able to be a billionaire", but if these mofo's ain't paying the same taxes as us, they need to go somewhere. Be it Business or Person.
It's crazy how quick people forgot about the leaked tax returns of the wealthiest Americans. Jeff Bezos was the world's richest man in 2007, yet paid 0 in income taxes.

TheMailMan

All Star
Daps
If that's the case just cut it off and give me what I paid into it back. Eventually it'll cause a whole new group of issues from the people who have been leeching the system but not adding to the fund