Blade and Punisher are the most limited heroes in comics

Benjamin Sisko

Still that resident truth-bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
I've had a conversation with a homie at work. And I told him that both Blade and Punisher are some of the most overrated and limited street heroes in comics right now. WHy?

Well for the Daywalker, yes he's the most famed vampire hunter right now, but after he kills Dracula and the vampire who created him (Frost) what else is there? His story is basically over. And they haven't created any more interesting vampire concepts that he can fight. Like in Constantine, he actually fights the first vampire (among other villains) with powerful magic abilities. They cannot even do that for Blade. :martin:

Now with Punisher. Dude is a killing machine. He has a very limited personality. What is his morality? What is his motivation? Avenge his family? I mean come on, there are no layers to his characters. He kills all of his rivals and villains. Which forces writers to create new and more interesting villains. I cant believe they are going to produce yet another Punisher series. I mean wasn't his story solved in DareDevil?? He's so fukking stale. A cardboard cutout reminiscence of the the Dork ages of comics.

Marvel fans, come get your boys.

Benjamin Sisko

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
Cyborg would like to have a word with you, also.
Yeah, but hopefully his movie will create more interesting characters to build off of him and a good villain for him as well.

GodinDaFlesh

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Godverse
You do have a point. They are much better as side characters where the issue of the morality of killing is questioned rather than the main character. :yeshrug:

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Blade just needs writers who wont nerf him because he makes white heroes look bad.
I mean you have a daywalking vampire who has less feats that Captain America.
:upsetfavre:

Benjamin Sisko

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
It won't. Because they'll just rahash the same tired "does my daddy love me?" storyline they keep pushing the last two comics.

Cyborg is unique, because for most of his creation he has been a background and supporting character for the Teen Titans and never had a villain, rival, or setting created for him. But in the past few years, he has been trusted to the big boys and he will need his Joker/Lex Luthor/Captain Cold.

I thoroughly believe since they are going through with the Cyborg standalone movie they HAVE to build his world and create supporting characters like his rivals, villains, and love interest if they have any chance of making profit for it. His movie is a chance and perhaps the only chance to flesh out his character.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
I've had a conversation with a homie at work. And I told him that both Blade and Punisher are some of the most overrated and limited street heroes in comics right now. WHy?

Well for the Daywalker, yes he's the most famed vampire hunter right now, but after he kills Dracula and the vampire who created him (Frost) what else is there? His story is basically over. And they haven't created any more interesting vampire concepts that he can fight. Like in Constantine, he actually fights the first vampire (among other villains) with powerful magic abilities. They cannot even do that for Blade. :martin:

Now with Punisher. Dude is a killing machine. He has a very limited personality. What is his morality? What is his motivation? Avenge his family? I mean come on, there are no layers to his characters. He kills all of his rivals and villains. Which forces writers to create new and more interesting villains. I cant believe they are going to produce yet another Punisher series. I mean wasn't his story solved in DareDevil?? He's so fukking stale. A cardboard cutout reminiscence of the the Dork ages of comics.

they haven't even let blade fight morbius yet :stopitslime:

and vampires are forever.. there will always be more to fight.. plus the government coming for his ass.. other vampire hunters when he gets discovered

they have so many ways to still take this thing.. i'm not sure it could ever be apart of the shared universe because vampires would have to be a thing everywhere.. but they could crank out some more standalone films

Cobratron

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Characters are only as limited as the people writing and editing them.

To be honest, I don't follow whatever Blade is up to in the comics, but I'd think there's a lot that could be with him with the supernatural elements of Marvel. He doesn't have to just be fighting vampires. The real WTF moment was Franken-Castle. Something like that should've been reserved for Blade. Let him deal with all the monsters and freaks. And for the record, I don't have a problem with him being brought into the more mainstream Marvel books either. I mean, pretty much everyone has been an Avenger at some point. I'm sure Blade could contribute there as well.

Who owns the rights to live-action Blade anyway? If it's Marvel, I'm surprised they haven't wanted to bring him back yet in some form since he really kicktstarted the the latest superhero movie boom.

I don't see anyone complaining about crime/gangster shows & movies, so I don't see why anyone would complain about the Punisher either because the best Punisher moments are rooted in those more grounded moments rather than him battling over the top supervillains.

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Daps

First off Blade doesn't just fight Vampires, he fights anything supernatural and has led his own supernatural fighting teams. So how exactly does that limit him?:jbhmm: