Blade coming back with Wesley?

DredScott

Take these jewelz...
Daps
While blade didn't have a direct connection to the MCU, he definitely helped show that a comic book movie can be faithful to the source material and not make a joke of itself and financially successful at the same time which was a huge step in after the later 90s Batman movies nearly killed superhero movies...add in that a black superhero was so successful and you have to give props.

Gains

Superstar
Daps
shiiet , bring back Jessica Biel as well

giphy.gif

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
You must be under 30. Blade helped get Marvel outta bankruptcy and made them a household film name.

No Blade no MCU.

I'm 42.

Again, :dahell:

"Blade" wasn't made by Marvel, it was made by New Line Cinema. Marvel didn't even get the cinematic rights to Blade back until 2012.

Fox's Daredevil Rights on Verge of Reverting to Marvel as Ticking Clock Looms (Video)

With the subsequent creation of Marvel Studios, the company began a slow and quiet process of reacquiring its library. Iron Man came from New Line, for example, and Hulk was returned from Universal.

More recently, Marvel welcomed Blade back from New Line, which made a trilogy starring Wesley Snipes as well as a TV series.

Stan Lee himself said it was the success of blade that convinced marvel to produce their own movies with the characters they still had the rights too i.e. iron man

Marvel didn't even have the cinematic rights to Ironman back until 2005. And, like I said, they didn't get the Blade rights back until 2012.

So no, I have no idea what Stan Lee is talking about.

Fred.

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
I'm 42.

"Blade" wasn't made by Marvel, it was made by New Line Cinema. Marvel didn't even get the cinematic rights to Blade back until 2012.

Fox's Daredevil Rights on Verge of Reverting to Marvel as Ticking Clock Looms (Video)

Marvel didn't even have the cinematic rights to Ironman back until 2005. And, like I said, they didn't get the Blade rights back until 2012.

So no, I have no idea what Stan Lee is talking about.

Fred.
An unsung hero: How Blade helped save the comic-book movie

this is accepted in the community......

parallax

Superstar
Daps
shiiet , bring back Jessica Biel as well

giphy.gif

she would have to be an all new character, because she cant be whistlers daughter, that role is tainted

A blade and deadpool crossover would be dope.

He hires wade to help with a new army of blood suckers, the comic value of both of them would be GOAT.
it would be worth it if reynolds shyts on his hannibal king character most of the time like he does green lantern

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
:dahell:

If you want to argue it re-established comic movies as a viable genre :manny: cool but cats are in here talking about it's responsible for the MCU when #1 Marvel didn't own the rights to it and #2 there was several successful comic movies between "Blade" and the MCU starting. shyt makes no sense whatsoever.

Fred.
im not them cats, i echoed what is reality. blade flopping would've pushed ironman's release past 2008. this whole universe would've been stalled, BP may not have even happened....

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Idk the thought of a female blade sounds kinda corny
I'm all for a blade movie but not necessarily for a movie starring blade's made-up daughter taking the reigns from her grumpy :flabbynsick: dad. (Yea they tried to make it into a comic 3 years ago but it never got passed the sketches). We'll see what other news comes from this before jumpin the gun tho. But if it came down to that or recasting Blade as a young breh to be *the* lead, i'd rather they recast just like they will with hugh jackman and every iteration of batman.. or just use some of that de-aging tech on Wesley. He don't need much of it

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
im not them cats, i echoed what is reality. blade flopping would've pushed ironman's release past 2008. this whole universe would've been stalled, BP may not have even happened....

That's not reality. The fukk? :mjlol:

"Blade" came out in 1998. Marvel didn't own the cinematic rights until 2012. So it's success or failure had no bearing on the MCU at all.

Let's say "Blade" flopped. "X-Men" was green lit (with Bryan Singer attached as director) since 1996. So it was happening regardless.

Anyway, "X-Men" came out, did $296 million.

"Spider-Man" comes out, does $821 million.

"X2" comes out, does $421 million.

"Hulk" came out, did $245 million.

"Spider-Man 2" comes out, does $781 million.

"X-Men: Last Stand" came out, did $459 million.

etc etc etc.

Comic movies would exist as a genre with or without "Blade".

So yeah....what reality are you in, where the MCU specifically....let alone comic movies in their entirety....is based solely on the success or failure of "Blade"? :dahell:

Fred.

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
He's responsible for the whole MCU they better pay homage.
no Blade.. and you really think you get this whole marvel movie renaissance in the early 2000s leading to Iron Man :gucci:
if blade had flopped, mcu would've been stalled fam
Blade made $70 million, Marvel only saw $25,000. I mean you can say Blade made comic book movies popular again (which I disagree with cause it was never really marketed as a comic book movie), but I don't think it's accurate to claim the MCU exists because of Blade.

If anything, it's the success of Spider-Man and X-Men and the fact that Marvel saw so little of their profits that pushed Marvel to create the MCU.